1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Myth of US Military Invincibility

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Agent47, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

All they had were kalashnikovs, RPGs and indomitable spirit.

All the many variables you may think of renders these expensive toys worthless.

Bottom line is, the US went there to exterminate Talibans, and they lost badly

2. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I have seen this question severally.

Who do you think I'm trying to convince?

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who are you trying to convince?

4. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Take a guess and keep the answer to yourself as I'm not interested.

Thank you sir!

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who pays you better, the Dems or Sorros?

6. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even more so, the residents themselves. Islam is a heinous spiritual blindness. You can occasionally unindoctrinate an individual. But an entire society will take a Godly directive, such as God sending Jonah to Nineveh. Jonah had to threaten the wrath of our righteous God on them.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have to ask why...... oh forget it

8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I did before I asked. It was a rhetorical question

10. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Friend, you come stating what you believe to be facts and then you treat anyone who disagrees with you as if they were ignorant rubes. Most members here are willing to discuss different points of view and even facts but have little patience with being spoken to with what is perceived as disrespect. Many will refuse to interact with you while others will serve up their own disrespect in return.
    While you have posted on many interesting topics and I agree with some of your points, you tend to come across as smug and arrogant. I can be that way myself at times. It is a counter productive attitude. Some of the most intelligent, educated, experienced and well read members refuse to engage with those they find to be disrespectful.

If you want a real discussion instead of an imaginary debate where you count imaginary points against people you happen to trigger, then try a little more humility. You will find more people will be open to discussing your opinions and sharing their ideas and insights.

Blessings

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The amount of engagement I get is more than enough. Trust me I don't wish for more. So with all undue respect don't expect me to adjust my style and disposition to woo comments. I really don't care that much.

Thank you sir!

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not mind your arrogance and rudeness, just don't like how you disrespect American soldiers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you come on here to tell us how we wrong or how we ought to see the world through your eyes. Maybe I am wrong, I thought this board was for Christians to interact, encourage, learn from other viewpoints and hopefully grow closer to the Lord Jesus Christ as our iron sharpens each others iron. Along the way I have prayed for the needs of my brothers and sisters, requested prayer for my and other's needs, hopefully offered helpful advise and been a blessing.
    Again I find some of the topics you post about to be both interesting and informative. I also thought that you were wanting more insight and possibly help as you sought to gain the Lord's view of His world, I hope I was not mistake.

Blessings as you seek to follow the Lord.

14. Agent47

Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Facts remain just that regardless of whoever shared them. When I express opinion I make a point of indicating that.

For instance, I raised a question of whether Iranian leaders are Jewish. I have asked about women in ministry, and another on Gog of Magog. There's a time for seeking insight and a time for stating facts.

15. BroTom64

BroTom64 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can agree with that, all I ask is that you and others (myself included) come realizing that sometimes what we are sure are the facts may not be so cut and dried.
    I am very conservative and I know what I believe and why, both spiritually and socio-politically. But I don't know everything. I hope to be caring enough to listen to what others have brought to the conversation. I look to learn something from each person I interact with. I hope others find their discussion with me to be worth the time and effort.

I appreciate your willingness to answer my concerns. I also like the Dr. Andrew Sargent quote, I found his website to be interesting.

As for this topic, conventional wisdom holds that the US Military could wipe the floor with any other nation in a conventional war. I believe that the Chinese and possibly the Russians could give us a lot of trouble. The circumstances of any conflict can cause logistical problems which would make war-fighting very difficult.
    I am concerned that our current superiority could lead to complacency. I am certain that there are many countries as well as terrorist groups who greatly desire our downfall and are planning to bring it about.
    I am not a veteran but I am greatly thankful for all who are or have served. I am concerned that poor leadership has squandered lives and resources and have left many injured. I also have little patience for civilians who treat our military with disdain.

Blessings

• Like Like x 2
  16. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What did that air power get us in Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq? Three loses for the "invincible" American military.

17. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I think we started the war in Afghanistan as a step towards invading Iraq. The Neo-Cons stated before 9/11 that their objective
    was to invade and occupy Iraq. This had nothing to do with 9/11. Iraq was a strategic place and had a lot of oil. But when we lost
    that war we didn't even get any oil out of it. We simply provided a training ground for ISIS. Yes, the U.S. was instrumental in
    forming ISIS.

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask LBJ

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is Sovereign. And His will is invincible. America can only do what God ordains. Only God knows His long term plan for America. But America has continued to be the most secure and prosperous nation on Earth throughout the last one hundred years, regardless of it's many critics.

20. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You lack discernment. America is not the reckless bully you portray it to be. God continues to be Sovereign.