1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Name the first sin...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr.Mychalson, Jul 17, 2017.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think that this would be the Jewish interpretation (e.g., Jesus claimed to be God, worked on the Sabbath, etc.).

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    True, but many Jews i think just tend to ignore Him altogether!

3. Dr.Mychalson

Dr.Mychalson Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jews would argue he was not the perfect Jew because he broke the commandments and he allowed His disciples to break the commandments.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is that he kept perfectly the true Law of God, and just broke those false man made traditions!

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point. Example:

1 At that season Jesus went on the sabbath day through the grainfields; and his disciples were hungry and began to pluck ears and to eat.
    2 But the Pharisees, when they saw it, said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which it is not lawful to do upon the sabbath.
    3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was hungry, and they that were with him;
    4 how he entered into the house of God, and ate the showbread, which it was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them that were with him, but only for the priests?
    5 Or have ye not read in the law, that on the sabbath day the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are guiltless?
    6 But I say unto you, that one greater than the temple is here.
    7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I desire mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. Mt 12

The Jews can argue it all they want, but the fact remains, they were guiltless.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin. Ro 4

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dr.Mychalson

Dr.Mychalson Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree...

• Like Like x 1
  7. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No trouble. I was watching Larry King back in the day about twenty years ago and he had on a Jewish Rabbi and a Christian Pastor debating Jesus. The Rabbi admitted that when reading the Torah they purposefully will skip past Isaiah 53 and admitted they do this because the Christians say it is speaking of Jesus. Which of course it is! Amazing how they refused to see the obvious, thus God has blinded them in part until the times of the Gentiles is fulfilled.

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are they blind because they wont see or are they blind so they can't see?

#48 percho, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  9. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Both. Each individual has their own situation with God. Some are still in the process of hardening their hearts towards the Gospel, by the grace of God they still have time to repent, others have been hardened by God after much longsuffering on God's part. Pharaoh was a good example of how this works. Only God knows who He has blinded permanently. We cannot know that.

10. AwesomeMachine

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think it was the woman's mating against nature, and her consequent sensual pleasure. Tertullian's Carmen Genesis seems to indicate that. If the woman is mated only when she conceives offspring but never otherwise, she will know only the woman's natural share in the pain of atonement of God The Son, but never the man's natural share in the ecstasy of creation of God The Father.

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is the tree of the woman's knowledge of both pleasure and pain. The bitter apple is the man's anatomy when viewed through the emerald lens of the woman's envy. This was once a great mystery.