1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Well!!!!!!!!!!! Back to the playoffs.
    It's still a wide open race to NBA championship.
    Just look what happened in the Derby!

2. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Go Pacers!!!!!!!

On to round 2!!

Although, not sure we'll be able to handle
    Detroit this year, but you never know... even
    if we do, I have a hard time seeing us get past
    Miami...

Todd

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

OK round two mavs vs Phoenix

Lots of subplots - is Nash really the MVP? Mavs won six more games w/o him this year than last. Of course Stackhouse and Dampier have a little to do with this. Jason Terry's emergence has mitigated the loss of Nash - but Dirk is suffering without him.

Nash really does not like Cuban, and would love nothing more than sticking it to him. Dirk and Steve are best friends, but they will see who can one up the other. Hopefully Dirk can get his shooting straingtened out - he was miseable vs Houston.

If the Mavs allow Phoenix to run, look out for Amare Stoudamire, he will eat big Damps lunch. The Mavs must be able to run - and stop the Phoenix track meet. The Mavs were more athletic than Houston - the suns are that much more athletic than the mavs.

My prediction (based on heart not facts!) Mavs in six

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Well you couldn't get past them last season and you had a whole a healthy team then. Number 2 if you do get past the Piston then you sure can get past Miami. Although in one more year or two I think Miami is going to be one of the teams in the finals. Wade is great and maturing nicely. What can you say bout shaq. He is just a great player.

IMHO

Tim

5. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Little one sided. Detroit up 1-0 against pacers.

Deeeeeetroit Baaaassskkkkeeeeettttbaaaalllllll!

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Yeah, but I wouldn't write of the Pacers yet. They are still a tough team, and they came off of a tough seven game series. I say Detroit wins this one in 6.

7. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Timtoolman, just because your right doesn't mean I have to like it!!! :mad:

I agree, probably Detroit in 6...Detroit looked unbeatable in Game 1 vs. Pacers...

Pacers are just limping along, happy to have made it this far after this weird season. They looked tired and weak in game 1,hopefully will pickup a steal of game 2 tonight.

I hope everyone can keep their tempers in check as the series wears on...We don't want to have to beatup you Detroit fans again! [​IMG]

8. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

What I appreciated about game 1 in this series is that they put the "brawl" way behind them and both teams demonstrated good sportsmanship.

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

tfisher1. Yeah I know they are struggling, they are better then what they played monday. Its too bad because, as I said earlier, it is more of a victory to beat a whole healthy squad. Is J. ONeal's shoulder still bothering him?

As far as I can tell both teams seems to be going out of their way to keep things calm. Serveral of the Pacers came out to sign autographs before the game. I thought that was a class act. I was surprised the coach would let them do that doing the playoffs.

During the philly series someone threw a quarter at Allen Iverson and there was a sea of arms pointing him out to security. The fans don't want anything like the brawl to happen again either. Its just too bad. I have many relatives in IN. I like em. [​IMG]

10. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Saw the Heat beat Washington last night - what a game! Even with Shaq struggling due to an ongoing injury, the Heat looked good and the score was closer than the actual game. Dwayne Wade - in only his second year - is a force that most teams can't handle.

Expect the Heat to beat Washington in five (though I have tickets to a possible game 7) and then face Detroit. It should be a great Eastern Conference Final.

The Heat bench is amazing. Many of the guys - Mourning, Laettner, etc. would be starters for some teams. Combining the strong bench with Wade & Shaq, the Heat should take Detroit in six.

As much as hear the bad stuff (e.g., the brawl), I thought I would mention that Mourning is donating his Miami Heat salary ($300,000) to charity.

11. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

There is nothing wrong with dreaming! [​IMG] I say the pistons in 5. The reason being is that IN. has a much smarter coach and will make changes as needed each game. When the Piston meat the Heat they will just keep beating them the same old way.

I do agree Wade is a great player. But Piston are beating the teams with great players. You need a great team to win.

12. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Hey tfisher. Guess I shouldn't have been so hasty. I remember last year when it see-sawed back and forth. I think both coaches are brillant at making changes for the next game. When on loses they come out to stop the things that cost them the game. Then the other coach makes an adjustment. That was the problem with Jackson of whe Lakers. He just didn't know to do.

THis series will be the highlights of the play-offs again this year. Pacers and Piston are the top two teams.

13. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Don't forget that the Pacers coach used to be Detroit's coach several years ago. I agree Pacers and Pistons are the top teams. Of course the media dosen't think so, they are always enamored with the western conferance teams, and Shaq so they love to talk about Phoneix the Mavs,and the Heat.

14. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

What a win last night for the Mavs - I stayed up till 12:30 am watching one of the best 4th quarters you will ever see. It was especially gratifying after that horrible performance they put up in game one.

BTW Mavs had Laetner - the heat can have him - he is at best a 7th or 8th man. slow and soft.

15. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Waaahooooo! Pacers pulled it out last night! Tim, maybe this could be a great series after all! We absolutely have to win these games at home to get this series... and we haven't been playing to good at home lately... should be interesting! I still expect the series to get even more physical as it wears on. I just can't believe some of the physical contact that takes place in a b-ball game...who said B-ball wasn't a contact sport!!!

(he chants!)REGGIEEEEE, REEEGGGGIIEEEE, REEEGGGGGIIIIEE!!

We'll talk after game 3!

Todd

16. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Heat win without MVP Shaq. I guess I was wrong - I predicted a Heat win in five. Looks like it will be another sweep.

Hopefully, the Pacers and Pistons will continue to beat each other up...

17. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Whoever meets the Heat the drama is over after the pistons pacer game. ;)

18. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

tfisher, Brown is complaining bout the refs. He is complaining about Reggies clear out with his elbow on the last shot. But I have to say the piston played terriable. Indiana deserved that game. They needed a wake up call. You and I both know it won't be the same pistons out there sunday.

Its going to be a great series. It was a let down actually when the pistons went to play LA because they never gave them much of a fight. I know it will be the same this year. Whoever wins this series is going to be the champs.

I can't believe I got on here before you. Thought for sure there would be gloating message for me. ;)

19. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Been having thunderstorms and the electricity has been intermittent! But Yes, I saw the last half.

BOOM BABY!!!!

yes, I will take my gloating in stride... I know its not over yet, but were here and, well, its kinda fun!!!

REEEGGGGGIIIIEEE, REEEEGGGGIIIIEEEE.....

PACERS RULE! PISTONS DROOL! (my 9 yr. old son had to put in his 2 bits...!)

All right, more after game 4!!!!!

Todd

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Momma don't raise your sons to be pacer fans...... [​IMG]

Game 4 at 3:00.We have church at 5:00 so guess I'll miss the last half. Which is the most important.