1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I am sure that will happen. All we need is a guarantee from Rasheed and it will happen.

Deeetroit Baaassskketttbaaaalllll!

2. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

REEEGGGGIIIEEEE, REEEEGGGIIIEEEEEE, REEGGGGGGGIIIIEEEE....

Now guys, be careful, if our "good" Pacer team shows up tonight, you'll be in trouble. If our other Pacer team shows up tonight, it will be easy money for Detroit.

We are 2 different teams. So crazy...if we could put together a couple of games in a row, we'd take this series... but I haven't seen it happen yet. What a crazy year... Detroit should have swept us really...at this point its all determination and will power for the Pacers.

I know some of you guys like the run-n-gun West with the high scoring... but I like the tough D of the East. 75-70 games are fine! And if Detroit gets past Indy, they will walk over Miami I think. Yes, Wade is good, but Detroit has 2 guys equal to Wade in Richard Hamilton and Billups... those guys can score with the best when they turn it on...and the Wallaces should be able to handle Shaq daddy! Shoot, I think even the Pacers might be able to handle Miami...

Tim, we'll talk more tomorrow! I must spend the next 4 hours in prayer and fasting so the right Pacer team shows up tonight!! [​IMG]

Todd

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

[​IMG] okay, too keep it fair I won't pray at all. ;)

4. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Hey tfisher, thats what a finely tuned engine running on all eight looks like. You really don't know who is going to hurt you on any given night, but when they all start hitting .....ain't nothing going to stop em.

Whoever meets the west will lose the first game or at least struggle greatly. After watching these two go at it again this year and last I am afraid. Afraid that when they meet the challengers from the west they will think no one is guarding them and not know how to act! ;)

Deeeetroit basssssketballlllll

By the way bbq'ed out tonight. LOL. catch you later tfisher.

5. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well Detroit took one more step towards another Championship! Better start packing the bags Indiana, its time to go home for the summer!

6. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Well, Tim, congratulations. Stick a fork in us, we're done.
    Would be nice to pick up game 6 for Reggie's last home game, and have him go for about 35-40 points, but I doubt it will happen. Pistons are just a better team, no doubt about it. The Pacers just can't seem to mesh, I don't think they play smart ball at all...

Anyway, I will be rooting for Detroit if(when) they finish off the Pacers!

Of course, there is always that little bit of hope something will click and we would shock Detroit!

Todd

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was glad to see the Spurs return to their usual form against the Supersonics last night.

I still think the Spurs will win it all. [​IMG]

8. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

I love dreamers! ;)

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Tfisher, great tribute to Reggie. It was a good game.

Time for the Heat. This is not Washington or a New Jersy team. How is the heat going to man up to the Pistons? Chauncy, Rick, Prince, Ben and Rasheed. I don't even see the games being as close or as grueling like they were with the Pacers. Its amazing how many of the sports anouncers are picking the Heat. Guess they didn't learn anything from last year.

10. tfisher1

tfisher1 New Member

Well Tim, congrats on the win last night! I was glad to see that Reggie had a great night with 27 points and like 75% shooting! He was a class act. He stuck it out for 18 years here, never whining about more money, or better players. He was loyal, and we hoosiers appreciate it!
    Nice move on Larry Brown's part to call timeout and give Reggie the standing ovation...

P.S. If Detroit keeps clicking like they have been these last 3 games, they will roll right over the HEAT. I think there are just too many weapons on Detroit. It should be a good series. You never know!

11. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

........and the SA Spurs keep staggering through the playoffs!

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Staggering? With an 8-3 record against two very good teams?

Besides, a rough walk to a championship is better than a smooth ride to the exit. :D

13. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The conference finals should be 2 great matchups! Any of the teams could win it all, should be exciting!

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Thank tfisher, it was a great series. Those were the top two teams. Yeah anything could happen, but realisticly that was the championship as far as I am concerned.

The Pacers are only going to get beter. They will be rivals I think for years to come. Hopefully friendly rivals.

15. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Timtool....I think you may be underestimating the rest of the teams left in the playoffs.

16. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Maybe PastorSBC, but IMHO, nah. ;)

Its all in fun SBC. I don't think the course of my life will be altered ether way. I do believe the Pistons have a much better team then those left. HOwever alot of people are calling for the Heat to beat the pistons. I just don't see it. Man for man Pistons are a much better team. They play great team ball which is really the key. They don't reley on one or two men to carry them. I do love the game. Played it ever since I could walk.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it didn't take the Spurs long to wrest home court advantage away from the Suns.

San Antoooooonnniiioooo bassssketballl! [​IMG]

18. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

he he....it just don't sound right.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good luck to Detroit in the next round. If Shaq is healthy it looks like a seven game series. If Shaq is nowhere near healthy, it should be short work for the Pistons.

20. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Ken so you think shaq and wade are better foes then say...Kobe and shaq. Got to tell you I believe it will be the same result. Healthy shaq or not. Pistons in 5.