1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Netanyahu Speech

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rolfe, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was primarily a speech to assure his conservative supporters in Israel. Netanyahu is first and foremost a politician and politicians worry most about the next election. Israel has an election coming up in about a month.

Netanyahu is the man who in 1993 prophesied that Iran would attack Israel before 1999. He has used "They are about to get the bomb" for at least 20 years, not because he believes it, but to use fear to help win elections.

#41 Crabtownboy, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deuteronomy 31:6 (KJV) Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he [it is] that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't get too excited about all these standing ovations, as before and always, AIPAC was present WATCHING to see which congressmen are present and which congressmen stood up and applauded Netanyahu.
    http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=2196614#post2196614
    "It will become a matter of score-keeping as to who stands up and applauds and who doesn't."

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=2196541#post2196541
    "Yarmuth describes the power of AIPAC, the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, in Congress"

4. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Deuteronomy 31 (ASV):
    16 And Jehovah said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and play the harlot after the strange gods of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
    17 Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall come upon them; so that they will say in that day, Are not these evils come upon us because our God is not among us?
    29 For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do that which is evil in the sight of Jehovah, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

5. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the KJV translation of the verse that Netanyahu ended his speech with. He recited it in Hebrew and then translated it into English but he did not use the KJV. He referenced a relief of Moses in the chamber, as you know.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He chose very poorly with Dt 31-32.

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Personally, I suspect some chahuts going on.
    Yes, right,left and everything inbetween in a propoganda feeding frenzy.

I believe BiBi and Obama Hussein had a lttle chat (or two) and tweeked the speech before final delivery.

HankD

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You make him sound like a lying democrat!

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If so, such cooperation would be encouraging. Some Iranians already suspect this:

Netanyahu Speech Has Eager Audience in Iran

"...Still, some in Iran had a different interpretation. “The rift between both allies is nothing more than a political trick,” said Mr. Taraghi, the Iranian political analyst. “This so-called rift is a petty game of good cop, bad cop. We will not fall for that.”..."

10. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some facts of life regarding the U.S. and the Middle East:

1. Our main interest is in the flow of oil--which is also the financial lifeline of ISIS and other terrorists. Some depend on oil and opium.

2. The U.S. has helped set up and support oil barons and other not so benevolent dictators for decades. Motive: oil flow stability.

3. The followers of Allah have never been our friends--but rather our adversaries since the gitgo. They are guided by the master of deception.
    Just who we follow is not readily apparent. Our amorality is about to devour us.

4. The rift between Allah and Jehovah goes back to the days of Abraham and his first born son: Ishmael. The son of the promise, Isaac and present day Israel are contending for the same promised land as the progeny of Ishmael.

5. Israel as a nation rejected Jesus to His face. They still consider Jesus to be the son of a Roman soldier by an harlot. Yet, His last words included: "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do."

6. The Lord scattered Israel all over the world in 70 A.D. The First Church at Jerusalem was also scattered. The Lord gathered Israel in 1948. He keeps them even until today, even though they continue to reject Jesus. The Church will be gathered soon: The Marriage Supper of The Lamb.

7. The Lord is in control, still on His throne, still executing His Will per His plan.

8. The Lord will take care of His children, even if it takes blood on the doorposts.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 16
    11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction.
    12 And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.

HankD

12. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iran is Persia, or Media, descendants of Madai son of Japheth, not Abraham.

13. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really - the POTUS leads foreign policy but rarely does so unilaterally:

http://constitution.findlaw.com/article2/annotation12.html

He's not a king but Obama looked small and petty yesterday. Bibi got what he wanted, a free and running campaign commercial.

Bibi said that in 1993 that Iran would have nukes and use them IF the then-current course of action didn't change, but it did.

The early voting starts today and this was an attempt on Bibi's part to shore up the votes of the dual citizens in the US. Bet it worked.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ishmael is the father of the Arabs.

HankD

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Of course it's not unilateral. He has advisors. But the LEGISLATIVE branch has no say in the DIRECTION of our foreign policy. That's all the President.

Boehner invited Netanyahu because he wants to change the President's foreign policy direction.
    He looked more Presidential than he ever has because he didn't attend and didn't indulge the foolishness nor bow down to the almost treasonous attempt of a US Congressman to try and use another head of state to change US foreign policy.

This is one time where I think he actually acted Presidential.

16. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea, I know. :)

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama has, in the past, appeared petty by his personal treatment of Israel's PM. His reaction to the news of his visit, and comments afterward, appear consistent with that animosity. Presidential? No.

18. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I still think he appeared Presidential. It's rare to see him do something where I agree with how he handled it. This time, I believe he was correct. Netanyahu should not have been here making a speech before Congress.

He didn't allow himself to be bullied by another head of state. I like that.

We can be allies, but that doesn't mean you get to dictate the direction of our foreign policy.

Netanyahu did just as Obama said: he didn't say anything new and he didn't offer any other solutions. The speech served no purpose other than partisan politics here and in Israel.

20. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.