1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured New BB Rating System .... Does it need attention?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, so you are in favor of these things...

Just seeking to clarify. I was mistakenly, apparently, under the impression that you did not approve of these things.

God bless.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Great idea lets do it!!! All the other 10 members will be like soooo jealous of us then dude. Roflmao

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually the entire thread is about the rating system and the views of the members about it.

And the only drama I see is pretty much the same drama that has plagued this forum for a number of years.

But maybe that will be one of the benefits of the ratings, it will limit the disruption that actually takes place in the midst of a discussion.

We can only hope, right?

In regards to your question...

That really is a question only you can answer. So tell me, do you ever answer your own questions?

God bless.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, learn how to read.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk.

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gosh, I just feel so dumb.

Thanks for pointing out my dumbness, ITL. What would I ever do without you? I think you should dumb that post, because I really was dumb, wasn't I. Please let me know every time I'm dumb, because I wouldn't want to embarrass anyone by being dumber than I already was in that dumb post I dumbly posted. Sorry I have wasted your time by being dumb, and I will try not to be dumb in the future.

Forgive me?

God bless.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think I will just refrain from using the negative emoticons and just say what I intend to say. It's obvious that the OP cares. And I know he called a couple of my posts dumb just because I called one of his dumb. And yes, it is Junior High-ish to respond in such a way.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know with as many things as folks have said about me and my posts in the past, I think the "don't like" and "dumb" symbols are quite tame.Laugh

• Like Like x 1
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Oh now Zaac you know you're only saying that because it's true. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My feelings EXACTLY! Thanks brother for saying it so well! This new rating system allows those "haters on this board to make you look bad! Zaac calls it the "in crowd? He states that wanting "nice, complimentary" ratings is kin to being in the so called in-crowd here on the board! Something he seems to be yearning to be part of, but can''t find the way into! However you can't be in the in-crowd if there is no in-crowd to be in! ! Hey Zaac, jealousy is a sin! You would be wise to remember that?

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Partly agree, partly disagree.

I would agree that there is no in crowd, but there are cliques who, as a team, have sought to ridicule others. Sometimes members will join ranks to ridicule others.

Shouldn't the Body be joining ranks to battle a common enemy? Rather than each other?

Probably the only thing that will limit this type of behavior is a more forceful moderation.

God bless.

11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am really disappointed...only two dumbs so far.

Just trying to help you guys be justified.

;)

God bless.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And THAT is what I'm talking about. There are cliques that attack like sharks in a feeding frenzy when someone says something that is different from their Fox NEWSED "politically conservative"( because it's rarely Scripturally or morally conservative) points-of-view.

And a certain old man from Cali says some extremely stupid stuff just so that he can get his needed pat on the back from said cliques. He's even attempting to do it in this thread.Roflmao

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But you see yourself as outside of this, Zaac?

We can see your participation in this kind of nonsense as well.

For you, they are the enemy, Fox News is the enemy, and there are other enemies you see which I will not go into.

I think all of us can relate to others in certain areas, and on these things we come into agreement. But when that agreement centers on diminishing those who are supposed to be our brothers in Christ, then we depart from what can rationally be considered Christian.

I think if anything this thread might heighten awareness to some things which ought not to go on in a Christian Community.

So are we Calvinists/arminians? Or Christians? Republicans/democrats? or Christians.

When the world looks at us, do they see Christians? Or...

Christ/ians?

God bless.