New D.Min. at Knox

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Siberian, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Siberian New Member

Logos Bible Software and Knox Theological Seminary have partnered together to launch a new D.Min. program, with an emphasis in Biblical Preaching and Teaching. Logos has bundled their largest bundled software product into the deal.

Looks interesting, and I like the faculty of Knox. Next year marks the third year since I finished my M.Div. so I'm starting to think about starting a D.Min (almost all D.Min. programs require 3 years of post-M.Div. ministry experience). I'm considering Knox, though I am leaning more towards their theological exegesis emphasis.

What think ye?

2. Siberian New Member

Wow, no thoughts at all on this school/program?

3. mjohnson7 Member

I do think it's an interesting program and could be very profitable for pastors that genuinely care about expository preaching.

On a different note, I am intrigued by their MA in Christianity & Culture. If I have any stamina left after the grad program I'm in now, I will seriously consider it.

4. Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks to you, I actually pointed it out to a friend looking to do a DMin. He just finished his ThM and was looking at Gordon-Conwell, but he couldn't get into the cohort he wanted in time. This looked like a very agreeable alternative. We'll see. This guy is sharp. He needs to be doing a PhD, he is just sick of school and doesn't want 60 more hours in the classroom. Can't say I disagree.

5. Broadus Member

Were I looking for a doctorate (I'm filled up ;-) ), I would seriously look into this. A solid DMin along with an intimate working knowledge of Logos software would be a great acquisition.

6. Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rhetorician Response

Hello Old Friend,

How in the world are you anyhow?

If this guy is as sharp as you say (and I have no reason to doubt your veracity), and does not want 60 more hours in the classroom (and who does?); has he considered one the South African doctoral programs? You may/may not be familiar with them, many are "doctorate by dissertation."

You may want to suggest it to him.

My two cents worth.

"That is all!" :thumbsup:

7. Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He actually has considered it. He was in contact with someone from SATS who liked his very preliminary research idea (An integrative [read intratextual to be distinguished from intertextual] reading of Judges coupled with preaching Judges redemptively or some such). He's just not sure. I know he is enjoying just being in ministry right now and not in school. But I know he's got an itch that he's going to have to scratch eventually.

Good to hear from you! In the states for the summer. Leaving for Central America early August.