No adulterers in Heaven !

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by True Puritan, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guys this fella is a troll. He only posts inflammatory statements most of which are nonsensical.

2. Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’But the tax collector, , standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’

3. Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This post does it for me.

Ban him now, and it will be less work later.

4. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is something of which you need to be careful, and that is the adultery in your heart, and if you don't think there is any, then you don't understand your condition, and what it means to be saved.

What you said is true. There are no adulterers in Heaven, but you need to know what makes one a true puritan, and it isn't in your outward show. So you aren't remarried. Big snip deal. Hell is bursting with monogamous souls and virgins.

The only reason one is counted worthy to enter Heaven is because of his union with Christ, Who is the only One Who is good. The only One Who is holy. And the only One with no adultery in His heart. When you understand that, you will begin to understand what it means to walk in the Spirit.

Yes. God will judge whore mongers and adulterers. HE will judge them. He WILL judge them. And they must be warned of the judgement to come. But I don't see a knowledge of the remedy in your posts. I see a putrid self righteousness which itself will be judged with them.

5. Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Mr. Trolly Troll -

According to your own standards, you ARE a hypocrite headed to hell.

Jesus did teach that divorce - for the most part - is sinful. THEN, in the very next breath, Jesus taught that taking oaths [like you've done here twice] is "from the evil one." And his half brother James said that taking oaths "makes you condemned."

See James 5:12 and Matthew 5:34-37.

You've said here, "I swear by Lord, I am not Pastor Steve.... Many people who claimed to be Christians will not enter Heaven, because they ignore God's demands in the Bible. In Holy Truth, there will be plenty of worms in Hell...."

So you see, you don't pass the "whiff" test. Let me put this in the King James English for you ....

.....thou stinketh like the troll thou art, o troller of forums.

6. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you dont know the answer - just say so.

7. revmwc Well-Known Member

You may not be guilty of the things list but what these 7 abominations?
    Proverbs 6:
    16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
    17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
    18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
    19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
    These are abomination to God, where do you fall?

Then there is James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

If you offend in any point in the Law you are guilty of them all. One of them states thou shalt not bear false witness, have you ever born false witness about someone? Calling all Pastor's who don't conform to your teaching and who are not guilty of what you say about their teaching is bearing false witness. That is just as bad as adultery. You see all sin is missing God's standard. God's standard is found in the Bible and if you fail in one you are guilty of all.
    Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
    But Jesus paid the price He met God's Standard He was guilty of violating no point in the Law and He is the only one who has ever or will ever Keep God's standard. So if you are guilty of one you are guilty of all and are therefore an adulterer. 1 John 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

then we see Proverbs 21:
    2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.
    3 To do justice and judgment is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.
    4 An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.

You state: "I don't drink. I don't get remarry. I am not a politically correct mainstreamer who wills to please men rather than God" uou seem to be bragging and proud of that yet Proverbs 21 condemns those who have "an higg look and a proud heart" Those who are guilty of "plowing of the wicked" isn't that what this thread does? Proverbs says that is a sin. So where do you fall in this are you a sinner saved by Grace through Faith or do you depend on being good to keep you saved. Jesus stated this:
    John 3: 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but 18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God..
    A person goes to hell for one thing According to the LORD JESUS here in this verse what does it say? "...but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

8. R. L. Frame New Member

Hmm.. So when Jesus forgave the Samaritan woman he didn't really mean it? I'm divorced and remarried. You are saying I'm not going to be a part of Jesus' new kingdom? What hope have I?

If Jesus has no power to forgive divorced individuals, what power does he have? To save murderers? Those with destroying additions? Thief's? Little white liars?

Who exactly are you preaching to, and what are you preaching for, if Jesus has no power to forgive the "whosoever"s?

Who IS eligible for heaven? It might just be you and Jesus there I guess...

9. R. L. Frame New Member

I think there might be one extra seat in heaven just waiting for you. Its right there next to the Pharisees.

10. revmwc Well-Known Member

Except the Pharisee didn't go away justified so he isn't going to be there

11. True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

Don't be deluded by his wicked majesty Satan. Samarian woman repented of her adultery, so did adulteress whom Jesus rescued from being stoned, did repent of her adultery. No one can refute plain Words of God. It is as so-called GLBT Christians attempt to refute God's Word in the Bible to justify their wickedness. by changing story of Sodom and Gomorrah and remaking the meaning of the word sodomites.

12. True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

Wrong futile judgment. It is not for those who defend God's plain Words. How can you change God's Words of adultery? You have witnesses, two unapologetic pastors, Jesus Christ and John The Baptist who warned many plainly regarding living in adulterous remarriages. John The Baptist was beheaded, due to preaching the Truth unto King Heron that he and Herodias were on their road to Hell for adultery.

13. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was there a link between puritans and primitive baptists?

Certainly there are some who would show that primitive baptists have some calvinistic roots, but I thought that they by tracing their roots back to Christ shunned the calvinistic label, as well as the Arminian one.

Primitive Baptists

Puritans are from the church of england which embraced calvinism.

14. Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course she couldn't just be wrong she has to be deluded by Satan. You young man are a flamer. Your only intent is to get people upset by your personal attacks. Surely there is something better in your life to do than show up to forums and troll them.

15. True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

Jacob Arminius was a pure heretic loaded with Devil's lies. United Methodists and Episcopal churches worship this burning in Hell liar.

16. Zaac Well-Known Member

Jesus can forgive. But people tend to be a lot less forgiving.

I think what True Puritan initially said deserves to be addressed.Why don't we hear the church talking about folks who have divorced and remarried but the old spouse isn't dead? Scripture does refer to that as adultery. So why don't we hear as much of the church calling that out as we hear the church telling folks you can't continue in your sinful addiction or gay lifestyle and be in good standing with the church?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say go get an abortion and another abortion and another and Jesus will forgive you. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say just continue in that gay lifestyle and Jesus will forgive you. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say just keep getting drunk every week and Jesus will forgive you.

Why is an exception made for this type of remarriage that Scripture does refer to as adultery? Do we not talk about it because it's become the norm even in the church?

17. True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

Those who hate the Truth are flamers at most, because they refuse to accept hardships and tests of life.

18. Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. And will demonize you and then attack you like a band of sharks because what you say steps on their toes.Smile

19. True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

Lord Jesus did His accurate predictions of The Last Days. In the Last Days many churches became very apostate. Satan has power to destroy once that was good. Yes, he has a power to ruin the churches.

20. Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps this is why you've got so many nasty characters in so many "churches"? They will AMEN with ya for all of their pet sins. But when you get real and start bringing it a little bit closer to home, then you're a troll.:rolleyes:

It's hilariously sad.:(