1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No adulterers in Heaven !

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by True Puritan, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R. L. Frame

R. L. Frame New Member

Yes. I have determined to do that in the future. ;)

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, True Puritian,
    I am glad to see that you are NOT King James only.
    So tell us, which of the modern versions do you like the best.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And welcome to the board.[​IMG]

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. True Puritan

True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

6. True Puritan

True Puritan Psalm 5:5, 7:11 God hates sin and a sinner

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What does a woman do who's husband left her to marry another woman when they were both unsaved, the woman later gets remarried and both she and her husband are saved years later? How does she "repent" of the divorce?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So you believe Jesus to be wrong when he states:
    Matthew 12:
    31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
    32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Jesus never said Adultery was unforgivable only one sin is that is the sin against the Holy Spirit.

Then Paul states this:
    Galatians 2:
    13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.
    14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
    15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
    16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
    17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
    18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
    19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
    20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
    21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Notice Peter was: "Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles" living in sin walking after, demanding things that went against God's grace, so at what point was Peter lost in this? He wasn't but he was practicing dissimulation, walking in it that is in sin.

Romans 8:
    13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
    16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
    17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

If ye as believers live after the flesh ye shall die. Now that doesn't say you shall lose your salvation nor does it say you will die immediately. Although believers who walk in sin have died, they have had a Temporal death. They have lost the filling of Spirit that is the Spirit is no longer the controlling force in their life, it is the sin nature which they have allowed to control them. Second they have died an Operational death they are failing to walk under the Operation of the Spirit. If they continue in sin we see they can eventually die the sin unto death.
    1 Corinthians 5:
    3 For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
    4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Notice this man was cohabiting with his stepmother in a marital type of relationship. Paul says he should be turned over to satan for destruction of the flesh, since we have no more Apostles for them to determine that it is God who turns them over to satan in our time. If as you say these folks are in sin and adulterers God will eventually take care of it by turning them over to satan for destruction. But notice what Paul said, "the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus" this man was saved, he would die for his practicing sin but his souls-spirit would be saved even though he was an adulterer.

1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

John states there is a sin unto death, if a believer continues to walk in sin God will bring the sin unto death upon them. Even if they continue to walk in Adultery as believers yet as Paul says the Spirit/soul shall be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. they will go to heaven. Scripture is clear on this.

10. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Request? You know, you can just stop posting, log out and not come back if you want to leave.

11. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    True Puritan resigned his membership when I informed him that questioning a member's salvation was a banning offense. With his resignation, I am closing this thread.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.