1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured No Condemnation to those in Christ Jesus !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Amen Moriah.:thumbs: God does not impute His righteousness to our account for sins that are past until WE FULFILL the CONDITIONS He alone has set forth, i.e., obedience via repentance and faith. As we repent and exercise faith, the righteousness of Christ is imputed to us for sins that are past, and not before. Man has to act in obedience, via repentance and faith if we are to have our past sins covered and to enter into a certain hope of eternal life.

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

hp

A Believer in Christ can and does sometimes fall into any of those sins, for a extremely long time, and if they died, they would still go to heaven as long as Christ died for them, because Christ died for everyone of those sins of his in the flesh ! God does not charge any of them to him, not one !

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

And...........:sleeping_2:

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: No one would say that it is impossible for a believer to walk after the flesh, but rather I would say that if they do walk after the flesh, refusing to repent, and remain in that state until the judgment, they will find out too late that their names have been blotted out.

Certainly a believer can sin. It is also true that if ones heart is honestly set on God they will repent and turn from such sin. If they refuse to repent and turn from sin, as evidenced by practicing sin on a daily basis, Scripture is clear that they can have no assurance of their final standing with God. They are deceived if they think they can sin with impunity or sin without the possibility of having their names blotted out.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

hp

Thats a Lie. Christ has paid for a True believers sins, he has been eternally redeemed, forever ! You are promoting salvation by works !

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The same command not to walk in the flesh is directed toward the very same "ye" that Paul says that they " ye cannot do the things that ye would" and so if one applies both applies and if both applies your theory, interpetation is proven wrong!

7. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: In this I fully believe you are deceived. I would encourage you to reconsider your position. Your eternity may well depend on such a reconsideration if in fact you have sins you are failing to repent and turn from. Belief or faith in your faith will not save you. Nothing short of clean hands and a pure heart and a soul that has not lifted itself up in vanity will get us through those pearly gates.

We are to examine ourselves, not our faith, to see if in fact we are of the faith. Do our daily lives show forth our love towards God?
    1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
    1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

One that Christ has died for, hath been perfected forever in Gid's Mind because of the offering of Christ alone Heb 10:14

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
    Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
    Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;

HP: Paul in this passage is simply showing that life in the Spirit is contrasted at antipodes with a life lived in selfish pursuit. If one is living in 'accordance to the flesh' they cannot be living in accordance to the Spirit. Paul is warning these that call or think themselves to be believers, to flee sin and following after the flesh, for if they are living according to the flesh they simply are deceived as to their standing before God and in the end will not be found in Christ at the judgment. If they are living after the flesh, unable to do the things they say they desire (i.e,. righteousness) they are deceived as to their final standing before God. That is the plain truth of this passage.

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

And...........:sleep:

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

Biblicist, when you wake up and open your eyes, try reading my last post again. The truth will set you free.:thumbs:

12. 12strings

12strings Active Member

1. What if one sins, and the immediately dies before repenting?

2. Even the scripture you quoted cannot be applied exactly as you are applying it because it says, "that has not lifted itself up" (PAST TENSE) ...everyone has at sometime in the past lifted up their soul in sin against God...and so should be disqualified from heaven...but Christ cancels the record of sin against us with its legal demands...!

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Keep short accounts with the Lord and you will not have to concern yourself with such hypothetical situations. Seek holiness before the Lord, i.e., a consistent holy walk before Him and the fear of such happening will not haunt one in the least. :thumbs:

HP: Christ cancels the debt of sins that are past when the conditions He sets forth of repentance and faith are met. There is not a hint of Scriptural evidence for the notion that present and future sins one has not repented for, and has had no change of heart towards, neither have they been forsaken, have received any such covering from the Lord. Unless ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

The cross did not, in and of itself, cancel the sin debt of anyone or any sin in particular. The atonement provided the way by which the sins of all the world could be forgiven, but no sin is forgiven or remitted until the sinner himself meets Gods stated demands (His stated conditions) to repent and forsake ones sins, exercising faith in the atonement. That is the true gospel.

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are just evading the question.
    I had the same question as a Catholic. What if I missed Mass on Sunday (mortal sin), got hit by a truck and suddenly died, and the priest didn't get there to administer extreme unction (or last rites), would I not then be condemned to hell? The Catholics didn't like that question either.

You have no answer to his question either.
    You just evade it.

15. Heavenly Pilgrim

Many hypothetical questions are just that, hypothetical questions. They are not something specifically that has happened or that will happen, just questions. I gave my answer to that question directly. Keep short accounts with God and one will never have to worry about such questions.

If some on this list would spend even a fraction of the time on seeking holiness as they do defending sin in their lives, God would give them an answer to their question so they would not have to seek others to answer it for them. :thumbsup:

16. Moriah

Moriah New Member

If we are to be ready for when Jesus comes, why should we not be ready if we die and are in sin?

Mark 13:36 If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping.

Luke 21:34 "Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap.

Matthew 24:42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

Matthew 24:44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Matthew 25:10 "But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.

Matthew 25:13 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.

Mark 13:35 "Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back--whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn.

Luke 12:38 It will be good for those servants whose master finds them ready, even if he comes in the second or third watch of the night.

Luke 21:36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 16:15 "Behold, I come like a thief! Blessed is he who stays awake and keeps his clothes with him, so that he may not go naked and be shamefully exposed."

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This hypothetical question is not simply hypothetical. It is a reality. Two people die every second. What is the chance that you can get to them with the gospel? Their eternal destiny is in your hands. God gave the responsibility of the Great Commission to you as much as he did to any one else. You have this great responsibility. All who die without the gospel will go to hell. What are you going to do about it?

18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the Lord requires sinless perfection from us before we can be assured are really saved?

19. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Trying my best with the Lord's help to enlighten the deceived to the truth of the gospel. :thumbs:

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

My suggestion is that you go, sell all that you have, give to the poor and go and spend your time between the needy nations of Iraq, Iran, and Saudi Arabia, preaching the gospel.