1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

No wonder liberals are confused...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 6, 2017.

1. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we need a certain level of support for all Americans. However, I think individual choices leading to a healthy or unhealthy lifestyle should be taken into account by insurance companies. Smoking, obesity, heavy drinking, lack of exercise, involvement in risky activities like reckless driving and skydiving might be a few to consider. What should not be considered is pre-existing conditions. These are defined by the individual insurance companies and actually can include such things as arthritis, diabetes, depression, knee surgery, high cholesterol, and asthma.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when applying for insurance, should having been smoking for 20 years be consider a pre-existing condition.?

How about Asthma - should that person be required to pay higher rates?
    How a woman who comes in to buy insurance at 8 1/2 moths pregnant -

How about life insurance - isnt age a pre-existing condition.
    So shouldnt a 70 year old pay the same premiums as a 20 year old?

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think buying poor people health insurance is a good and wise way to help the poor? And you think churches should supply that? Hey, thanks for the yearly free physical exam and the yearly free eye exam, other than that, what benefit have you given them that meets their immediate needs when you give them health insurance? Most of them need food and clothing before they need ObamaCare.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Today at our church. The "Impossible" being done.

food 3.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This list is not mine. It comes from the insurance companies. people need to realize that if Obamacare is repealed people who are NOT on Obamacare who lose their current insurance through losing their jobs will once again be classified as having a pre-existing conditions by insurance companies. Obamacare made this illegal for everyone. Age and sex are currently considered when pricing life insurance. That's not being talked about right now.

6. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Churches need to examine their resources, priorities and faith to decide what to address. As you point out they have limited resources and cannot address health insurance due to the pressing needs of food and housing. That's why the government needs to help by diverting money from the Pentagon.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing in this post is true.

8. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It actually is true check it out. Prove your statement. It's getting a little old. Tell me in detail what was in the Republicans healthcare bills.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The House version had a provision that would allow states to file a waiver to get insurance companies based in their state out of the pre-existing condition clause. Still, if a state elected to not compel insurance companies to cover people with pre-existing conditions these people would have to violate the House's continuous coverage clause, which states that people must not go more than 63 consecutive days without health insurance. Then, for one year an insurance company could charge these people higher rates than usual because they a.) have a pre-existing condition and b.) let their coverage lapse. But no, they would not be denied insurance coverage because of a pre-existing condition.

The Senate version retained coverage for pre-existing conditions.

10. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say anything about denying insurance. It would just be extraordinarily expensive like $3,000/mo. I have a good friend in KY who faced this before Obamacare. And the Republicans drafted a bill to EXEMPT themselves from thios requirement. Sporting.

11. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What causes are you referring to? I vehemently object to meaningless wars started by Neo-cons. If you don't want to help the poor that's your decision. I do for religious reasons (see MAT chap. 25).

#51 FollowTheWay, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  12. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Obama NEVER had a year with 3.0% or greater average annual GDP growth." That's because he had to deal with a near-depression at the end of GW Bush;s two disastrous terms. I don't think we ever recovered. The FED's policy of quantitative easing simply kicked the can down the road and will result in a far worse situation in the near future.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abortion. Mandatory birth control coverage in insurance policies. Transgender surgeries.

Ya got a name of a Republican calling for a tax increase on the middle class?

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So its okay if a liberal starts a meaningless war?????

15. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you significantly cut taxes on the rich and have a minor tax cut on the middle class where is the money coming from to rebuild our aged infrastructure and provide much needed services to those who desperately need them. No, "Voodoo Economics" has never worked and never will Increasing the military budget hurts a great deal too. First, let's do an audit on the Pentagon and military contracts. Donald Rumsfeld said on the day before 9/11 that there were $2.3 T of military spending which couldn't be accounted for and that number has grown substantially since then. Why do we need to spend as much as the next 8 largest military spending countries in the world on our defense? Why is our healthcare the worst among developed countries even though it's also the most expensive? The highest tax rates are down significantly from earlier times (90% in the 1950's) and capital gains rates are lower as well. If you want for America to be a second-class country then vote to continue this situation.

16. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I'm against that as well and basically blame Lyndon Johnson for the Vietnam War. I'm focusing on the Afghan and Iraq wars because they are much more recent and were the longest wars in U.S. history.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So no name of a Republican that wants an increase in taxes on the middle class. Understood.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

18. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're against birth control? I remember Catholics used to take that position and that's why they had such large families.

19. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-trump-plan-would-mean-tax-increase/94427186/

Trump

Republican Tax Plan
    The GOP-controlled House and Senate budgets not only drastically cut spending on education, retirement, environment, road and bridges, climate change, immigration, job creation, Obamacare, food stamps, and other social welfare programs; but it gives the Pentagon a blank check, and includes tax cuts for the rich and corporations while raising taxes for lower-income Americans. That’s the analysis by the National Priorities Project (NPP), not just Krugman, and they make an even more disturbing point.

14 ways Republicans have declared war on the middle class

20. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not against birth control. I just don't see any reason I should pay for yours.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1