1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Non-Baptist Religions and Security of the Believer

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by rufus, Mar 4, 2003.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The foundation of your theology is experience not the Word of God. The foundation of my theology is the Word of God. Because of that I know I am correct. I believe what I believe because it is based on the Word of God and not on someone's experience. If what I believe is wrong, the show me from the Scriptures, particularly the Scriptures that I have posted.
    Answer the questions that I now have asked you three times concerning John 5:24. You cannot give an honest answer to the truths taught in John 5:24 because the display your unbelief.

Answer to the passage given in 1John 5:10-13. Explain that passage. Don't give me experiences; give me a proper explanation of Scripture.
    DHK

2. SolaScriptura in 2003

Hey, DHK, there's a guy wallowing on the ground...better go warn him to take heed lest he fall, even though he's obviously already fallen and is now wallowing on the ground as a result. Because obviously the warning "take heed lest ye fall" is not meant for people who are currently standing...that would just be rediculous.

3. Me2

Me2 New Member

It is impossible to give back to God something he has given us.

we are a two part creature.

spirit and flesh. and we do not possess the power to return something God has give us.

we couldnt even be interested in the things of God without an ability to see and hear with The new spirit He gives us.

being inclined to hear or see God is to possess a like kind spirit. a different spirit than the one we were paternally born with.

our carnal mind might refuse to hear and see the truths of God but that doesnt deny what is true.

only what we carnally accept as our own version of truth.

when we are initially saved or receive our new spirit. It is said that we are to be positionally saved..
    placed in the death of christ. yet we do not comprehend that the father has risen his propitiator from death. we proceed to learn from God. Some refuse to proceed in this education by faith through the Holy Spirit. When their faith is tested. they fail.

but, They do not lose their salvation. only their experiential position in the sanctification process as children in christ.

those who fail to successfully continue in the sanctification process are forever positionally saved in the death of christ.

positionally..not experientially.

being saved experientially is a day to day process of renewing our mind in christ until our physical death. some proceed,..while some fail.

In both cases..successful and failure. all possess
    the spirit of God within them.
    and can never "give it back".

4. SolaScriptura in 2003

Why do you say "two part"? You don't think we have a soul or what?

5. Me2

Me2 New Member

we are a two dimension creature. living in two dimensions simultaniously.

we have a spirit. we exist in a spirit world.

we have a body. soul included. we live in a physical world.

we live on earth. we live in heaven.

at birth, man cannot comprehend a spiritual existence.

to receive and understand spiritual knowledge from God. man requires a new spirit.

upon salvation our soul is seperated from our old sin stained spirit and joined to Jesus sinless spirit.

one in which can now communicate with God.

6. hrhema

hrhema New Member

DHK:I have given you explanation. You don't want to accept it. You want to keep holding on to a false dichotomy of belief and that is your right.

I have noticed on other threads you do others the same way you do me. You do Oneness, 3 Angels Mom etc. You accuse them of not responding to your questions but when they do you choose to ignore them.

I do not base my beliefs on experiences but on God's word yet I refuse to ignore what I see also. I do not take a couple of scriptures and base a doctrine on it. I take the whole word of God and rightly divide it. I don't take one scripture written by Paul and ignore the other writers. I use the Isaiah principle and that is PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT, LINE UPON LINE, HERE A LITTLE AND THERE A LITTLE.

I have answered you with scriptures. Plenty of scriptures. I have gave you scriptures from James, John, Jesus, Paul and Peter. These are not experiences. They are the word of God.

There are going to be thousands of people who think they are saved who are going to find out the hard way that what they were taught
    was false doctrine and I am sad about it.