1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Non-News

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recently there have been several incidents of which Asians have been attacked
    presumably because of the "Asian virus"
    Mind you - not even one of these attacks can be justified for any reason.

However, have you noticed there has not been even one incident of "payback"
    rioting by our friends of Asian background? Just Saying.....

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's interesting that this picked up under Biden. I think these are planned attacks so that the Chinese Communist Party and their sympathizers here: e.g., Dems, can start using accusations of racism as a cudgel against opposition to Biden's bedding them.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    About 50,000 Americans died in the war against Japan. About 50,000 died in the war against North Korea. About 50,000 died in the war against North Viet Nam. During these wars, race based hatred was fomented by some. OTOH, my family has been blessed with the friendship of Americans who obviously have Asian heritage.

A few years back, I met three old Ladies who had kind words for my dear sister. As a going away present, they presented her with a vase with colorful paper flowers. It was a work of art.

Many years later I learned where those ladies had learned to make so much out of so little. When they were little girls, they gathered scraps to use as best they could. They had been taken from their homes and placed in a place called Manzanar.

Lest we forget...

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just read an article about the man who attacked an Asian-American woman in Midtown Manhattan, which article says he made anti-Asian statements toward her. At the end, the article mentions the gunman in the Atlanta area killing eight people, including six Asian-American women (and apparently two Caucasian-Americans, which is seldom mentioned in this context). Then the article mentions rallies calling for an end to anti-Asian violence. However, there is no mention of the fact that law enforcement in the Atlanta area has found no racial hate element in the Atlanta killings. Media does not mind still spinning it that way, though.

• Agree Agree x 2