1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Normalized Heterosexual Fornication and Lust on TV

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well you stay on the question?

Does God require and expect homosexuals/lesbians who prodess salvation to repent and forake that life style or not?

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

How about you stay on question?

Let me repeat for you:

Will you admit that He expects the same thing of gluttons, immodest dressers, pill poppers, etc too? Will you admit that He expects the same thing of folks who just couldn't seem to love anyone but themselves and those like them?

Will you admit that He expects he same thingof folks who disrespect the authority He's placed over them.

I visit a lot of churches. Some majority Black, some majority White. But the majority white churches never seem to have a problem disrespecting President Obama and his administration. The churches seem to be fine with accepting this sin.

So again, unless you're going to rant and rave about all the other sin too that you seem to conveniently want to ignore because it gets ignored as sin by the church and is accepted because so many in the church are doing it, then just HUSH.

The question remains why you and so many others in the church make so much noise about the homosexuals sin but gloss over and ignore all the other sin within the church that has been "accepted"?

I mean for goodness sake. The evangelical church threw its support behind a man for PResident who is 100% against Jesus Christ and there has yet to be any public declaration of repentance by any of you who supported that anti-Christ. Believe me, it was no display of a love for Christ.

And as in that situation, so many in the church, like you, continue to rant about homosexual sin while ignoring the sin of the church.

Deal with the sin within the church if you want folks outside the church to listen.

Or hypocritically continue to ignore your own sin while pointing theirs out and see just how many of them listen to you.

It'slike your heads are collectively made of rock. You're so set on winning an argument over an issue that you continue to show nothing of love in your turning folks away from Christ.

It's despicable yet you and others insist on screaming you're going to hell and you're an abomination and your sexual sin is worse than all other sexual sins.

It's pure wickedness for which the church will give an account.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christians do not direspect president, just rightfully point out that he follows most ungodly agenda, anti christian of any recent president!

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep. That's why the church can't witness anybody. We're never willing to admit our sin but always pointing theirs out

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My irony meter broke again.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Here's a piece to help.:thumbsup:

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Just talked about this in Sunday School this morning in a broad sense. First, you cannot get anyone to show up for outreach to tell others about Jesus. Secondly, after one does tell others about Jesus, how can one go around condemning those who drink, gamble, and dance, when the greatest sinner of all is the loud mouth local church gossip constantly talking about it, and the church refuses to address the gossiper.

8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has any one told him....

....to put a sock in it? ITL, this guy is getting old faster than we are :laugh:

Us good'll boys need to stop slapping each other on the backs, and ignoring the sins that are right in front of our eyes! What are we failing to see? I am at a loss for words, when it comes to the same old message, post after post! Thanks for trying SN, remember, some people are like an old record, they get stuck in a rut and keep repeating themselves, over, and over again! :thumbs:

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

:applause::applause:

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to give it a rest running from thread to thread complaining about lil ole me as though I'm a girl who spurned his advances.

Better yet, maybe said person can do one of those famous polls and present it to the mods to get me banned. :eek:

For someone who has me on IGNORE, he certainly does talk about me a lot.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do realise that we come against His agenda, his pro gay/pro muslim/anti american rhetoric, correct?

That we would be against those policies, reagrdless if president white/black?

12. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are a number of news commentators who are gay.

HGTV features gay couples looking for houses.

Somebody is supporting these things--the complacent and apathetic.

We are back to the edges of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Now what? Remember Lot's wife.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

13. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    TV naturally reflects the times and values of a particular time. In this society it's normal--is that a good thing? Of course not.
    Because gay marriage is a hot topic in this age, it may seem that they preach against this more than against other sins. This is perception. It may have some truth to it in some churches, but I see it as an over generalization. It's certainly not true in my church, nor in most other churches or ministries I've been to.
    In fact I think overall I've heard more about sex out of marriage and teenage sex being wrong than I've heard about gay marriage. Of course part of that may be due to the crowd I hang around--youth and youth ministries.
    In a recent online discussion someone got very angry at me, began cussing me out, because I stated that I'm going to wait until I'm married to have sex and explained why when prompted. Why my personal choices were such a big deal to a perfect stranger I don't know. Perhaps they felt like I was condemning them, which wasn't my intention at all. Actually I tried to state my opinion and case as respectfully as possible--I said nothing about them at all.
    Despite best intentions someone somewhere is always going to find something to be offended about.

On the other hand, neither do I agree with how some individuals choose to respond to homosexuals. I've personally learned that things are better if I go out of my way to show them the same respect I'd like to be shown.

But yes, there are sins other than homosexuality and abortion. But I'd suggest that if one thinks that's all Christianity ever talks about then they may only be looking at the political front. That and the saying that people are always more likely to remember the "bad" than they are to remember the "good".

#93 evenifigoalone, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2014
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is Homosexuality such a :big deal/"

ONLY sin that is trying to get supported to be a viable alternate lifestyle within the Church, as many see no problem with one claiming jesus and still staying in it!

It has its own lobby, agenda throughout culture, big business, pretty much trying to have it seen as normal and even healthy!

Christins MUST stand against this, for as history shows us, once that is accepted as normal, that society and church goes by by!

15. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you have me pegged wrong. I'm not in support of homosexuality, especially not within the church.

16. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Couldn't hurt. Maybe we'd be better served by ditching TV and picking up a book once in a while.

17. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In regard to the OP,

Several years ago, when they came out with the cable boxes that allowed you to block channels and individual shows, we blocked the really bad stuff: MTV, SpikeTv, the usual suspects.

One day, a friend suggested a show called Torchwood, since my son likes science fiction. It was the last straw. Gone are the days of Matt Dillon, Roy Rogers, and Joe Friday. This Torchwood guy was a time travelling homosexual who only seemed to exist to have sex with anything that moved.

I've always taught our children to evaluate media choices by asking themselves a series of four questions:

1. Does it pass the Phillipians 4 test?

Is it true? Is it honorable? Is it just? Is it pure? Is it lovely? Is it commendable? Is there any excellence? Is there anything worthy of praise?

2. Does it pass the Galatians 5 test?

Does it exhibit, glorify, or incite the works of the flesh, which are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, either in thought or in deed?

Or does it exhibit, glorify, or encourage the fruit of the Spirit, which is love, joy, peace, patience,
    kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control?

3. Does it pass the 1 Corinthians 8 test?

Even if it's something God grants us the liberty to enjoy or engage in, would our doing it cause a weaker brother or sister in Christ to sin or to stumble in their walk with Christ?

4. Is it an idol to you?

If it's something that failed the three tests above, would you give it up? If so, then what would your attitude be about giving it up? Would you be glad to give it up, knowing it doesn't glorify God, isn't conducive to growth in Christ, and could cause a weaker brother or sister in Christ to sin or stumble in their walk with Christ?

Or would you give it up grudgingly or not give it up at all? If so, then it's an idol.

When my son, who was ten years old at the time, turned to me and said, "Dad, this fails the test", we knew that was the last straw for our family.

We got rid of our TV.

Now, about the only thing we watch is some shows on RFD and the owner of that station has actually done editorials stating that he doesn't care how much money he loses, he will not show anything that is not 100% family friendly and he will not accept any risque advertising (the raunchy "Go Daddy" commercials were big at that time, so I'm assuming that's the kind of thing he was referring to. )

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not want you banned. Even after the Romney threads, and this latest one on Paul Washing Machine, your posts have a ring to truth to them.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not watch any of the channels you mention, except I do watch Matt Dillon and Joe Friday. Of the little TV watched, it is mostly the history, discovery, learning and SyFy channel.

Given all of that, you do not have the moral authority to pass standards on anyone.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    maybe, but not so much in one particular area/issue!