1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Normalized Heterosexual Fornication, Lust, etc.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Zaac, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Are a couple of sex scenes okay? How about next season they throw in a couple of gay sex scenes? Will that be okay too?

webdog, I'm just saying THAT is how we've normalized heterosexual fornication and lust into our everyday lives and we barely blink because "it's not that much".

When we are constantly presenting the picture that we've apparently only got an issue with fornication and lust of the homosexual type while indulging in the watching, etc of heterosexual fornication and lust everyday, it kinda leaves us with next to no witness about these issues.

It's kinda like you often read the comments from dems and liberals on other boards when they speak of Repubs being anti-gay but tapping their feet in bathroom stalls or hiding a page underneath their desks.

We simply cannot continue to play both sides of the fence.

#21 Zaac, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2013
  2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Yep

we can not watch it.:thumbs:

I concur along with not soliciting movies that presents all sorts of levels of heterosexual lusts as okay.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Serious question- no answer?

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, that's the same as in InTheLight's world.

Yep, we agree.

I would add that Christians should no longer use the argument that same sex marriage is an attack on the sanctity of marriage when there are hetero adulterers and fornicators making a mockery of marriage and on a much wider scale than gays.

#24 InTheLight, Jun 27, 2013
  5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now THAT I need to get put on a tshirt and wear to church Sunday!:thumbs:

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I get what you are saying, and agree even a little is not okay. I will forward through such scenes. You have to remember we're told to be in the world, not of the world. It is impossible to avoid every instance, and while not having a TV is an option, it is not the only option.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Making an attempt to not indulge in it either on tv or in the movies needs to be the testimony of Christians because we have gotten a reputation of compromising when it meets our needs or desires.

8. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I consider the "prime time" tv line up to be so rotten, un interesting, and boring, that I have completly given up on it

The only exceptions would be the news channels, PBS channels, sports, history channel, etc, and some christian programs

Every thing else does not exist in my world

#28 Alive in Christ, Jun 27, 2013
  9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell you what: I'm gonna keep watching "Top Shot." That okay with everyone?

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

That (and Duck Dynasty) make me happy, Jack!

11. thisnumbersdisconnected

Fine by me, Don. I'll join you. Care to view NCIS and Person of Interest with me? Not to mention any sporting event on the planet, OK? :smilewinkgrin: :thumbsup:

12. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed!

I totally agree with you. Only in Glory will we be free from the sin of this world.

I can't go anywhere without observing someone or something that isn't dark, lustful, there to tempt, sinful, and just disgusting.

None of us live in a sanctified bubble, Zaac! If we lived with your premise, we'd be shut-ins, going nowhere, in order to keep our eyes, minds and hearts from the scenes of sing playing out all around each of us in the marketplace, at our schools [especially high learning institutions], in our neighborhoods, etc.

As far as discerning sin and keeping ourselves from being gobbled up in the sin around us, that is why we hide the Word of God in our hearts. It is His Word that reminds me of the differences between what is acceptable and what is not acceptable.

If you lived her in California, you'd see some things that would make you shudder, and that includes the outright display of sinful actions and behavior by all of those who have firmly planted their feet on the "Highway to Hell!"

I understand, like Webdog, what you are saying, but it is impossible to avoid sin, as it is rampant and growing.

That is why I was so livid about gay marriage. I did not want to see one more open display of carnal affection between people walking through the marketplace, neighborhoods and wherever it is I have to go to maintain my life.

Now, with same-gender marriage approved, we will have one more thing to morally censor out when we go out in the public places. Sorry, but, if you have a way to avoid sin - other then dying - I'd love to hear it! :praying:

Marantha! Come Lord, Jesus, come!!!

13. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

That bears repeating with emphasis!

This isn't about TV shows. Nor movies. Nor any other form of media communication. The topic, in essence, is about NORMALIZING sin. We already have too many sins that society has "normalized". Efforts to "normalize" another one should, IMO, be met with loud crys of protest against that particular sin. If we, as members of the body of Christ, remain silent on this one, because other normalized sin exists, we are aiding and abetting those who condone this sin.

Further, begs the question, will we be silent, when the next currently condemed by society, sin is normalized, too? Multiple spouses. Child brides. Euthanasia. Beastuality. Just some that are in the wings waiting their turn to come front and center after homosexuality is "normalized".

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're TOTALLY missing the point which is to stop complaining about all the homosexual sin while indulging in the normalized heterosexual sin as though it's just a fact of life. We do it REGULARLY when we watch and listen to what the world watches and listens to.

The displays are what they are and are simply a factor of Christians not taking action when sin rears its ugly head. I'm talking about us indulging in the normalized sin as though it's not sin. We write it off as "not that much cussing", or "they didn't take God's name in vain too many times" or "it's just tv and if you're gonna watch anything, you got to put up with the gratuitous heterosexual fornication/lust scene".

I didn't say avoid it. I'm saying don't take active part with it.

And that's fine. It's just awfully difficult for folks to care about that sentiment though if you're in some rated R or PG-13 movie with them that has shown acrnal affection between folks. Or if you watch the stuff in the privacy of your own home, why hypocritically pretend to be against it when out in public which is OFTEN the case.

Same gender marriage isn't gonna put anymore morally disgusting stuff in your path than was already there. Gay people have not been waiting on a SCOTUS ruling to start their public displays.

They fit right in with the overwhelming majority of decadent, immoral heterosexuals who are doing any and everything in public.

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Straight sex outside of marriage is a sin, but is also "natural", while homosexual activities BOTH sin and unnatural!

Again, straights doing those sins are wrong, but Homosexuals, even 'christian" one attimes, do NOT see that act as sinful, as they are doing 'just what god created them to do!"

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

No sin is natural. This is part of the problem is that it's natural for heterosexuals to sexually sin together. There was no heterosexual sin or sin period when God made us. The NATURAL is the original and we originally did not sin.

Now THAT is true.

You just put forth that heterosexual fornication is natural. Do you see why folks get the wrong idea about what is/is not sinful?

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF there would have been no fall, there would not be any 'gay" persons, as all would have been 'straight!"

God himself defined relations between female/male as natural, but if done outside marriage, sinful, while Homosexual sex is both unnatural and sinful!

God's definition, not mine!

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Bravo !!! The TV shows, movies, Rush Limbaugh, and other such trash can be controlled with the off button. It is all about what is in our heart, and our relationship with Jesus Christ. You bring up a good point. If gay marriage is legalized, why cant I marry my pet cat? The Holy Spirit makes it clear to each Christian what is right and wrong.

I do think Zaac has a valid point. Those who hide in the world of heterosexual sin by bashing homosexual relations are just as guilty. Neither is acceptable.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? God defined male/female relations in terms of marriage as natural. He DID NOT define heterosexual fornication as natural.

Heterosexual sex outside of marriage is just as unnatural and sinful as is homosexual sex.

20. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Homosexual sex is defined as unnatural in Romans 1:26-27. I don't see anywhere in the Bible where hetero sex is defined as unnatural. Do you?

It's sinful and wrong, but never described as unnatural.