Not surprised the least bit

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    incorrect

2. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it is correct.

Our nation has become dumber as political sides have become stronger.

20 years ago we knew immunity in regards to vaccinations meant functional immunity. We knew getting a flu shot, measles vacvine, pneumonia shot, etc. provided protection but you could still get the diseases.

Now we live among idiots who believe a shot is not a vaccine unless it prevents getting the virus by rivifing sterilizing immunity.

In other words, they have become vaccine deniers (they deny the flu shot, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis, covid vaccines are actual vaccines as they do not provide sterilising immunity).

The definition was clarified to account for these idiots, but the meaning is the same (functional immunity is protection, but does not meet the goal of sterilizing immunity).

3. Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    When i get the shingles vax i have a legitimate expectation of avoiding the shingles

given 1/2 the confirmed cases are cv jabbed, there is hardly the same expectation for cv.

you can call it whatever you want … but you are in error w your position.

4. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am getting the shingles vaccine next visit. I expect it will provide some level of retention BUT I know I can still get the shingles, but chances are it will be a milder case.

And of course I know the shingles vaccine can cause swollen lymph nodes, chronic heart failure, anaphylaxis, fluid in the lungs, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, optic neuropathy, acute retinal necrosis, and even shingles.

And yes realize, I realize the shingles vaccine is less effective against shingles than the covid vaccine is against the covid virus for which it was designed.

Why did you get the shingles vaccine knowing you could still get shingles, could get those side-effects....could even die from a reaction or experience chronic heart issues?

5. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a side note, heard through the grapevine that the shingles shots are now evidently not necessarily as robust as once thought or indicated. Not great news.

6. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And we still assume the risk of chronic heart disease, allergic reaction, fluid in the lungs, paralysis, and even shingles.

How effective is it?

7. Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

That is NOT what my doctor said. He said the chance of having the shingles after the vax is statistically zero. Not perfect, but fits the profile for a vaccine.

it’s FAR more successful in it’s MLV type goal than the mRNA cv jab in theirs.

50%, Jon. 50% of the cv cases are jabbed. You can’t be in but one of two categories (though being considered jabbed is only after 2 weeks post jab, curious. That’s not gonna be the case with the shingles vax. Wonder why?

The shingles vax hasn’t killed 20K people in the US like the cv jab has. In fact, there is no attribution to the shingles vax of death reported.

The risk is statistically zero. The benefit is statistically 100% ... MEGA orders of magnitude better than the mRNA cv vaxes.

won’t need boosters every six months for this shingles vax program either; regardless of variants. Two and done ... forever.

Can’t say that about the mRNA cv vaxes. But I know you will ... so rephrased ... while speaking the truth, you can’t say that about the mRNA cv vaxes.

8. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The shingles vaccine is 90% effective (less than the covid vaccinations against the initial virus for which designed).

@RighteousnessTemperance& offered the effectiveness is actually less.

You took the chance of chronic heart failure, allergic reaction, fluid in the lungs, death, and shingles for a vaccine that provides protection against shingles but may not prevent you from getting shingles.

9. Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1/2 the US population has jabbed the cv vax.

1/2 the cases are jabbed, 1/2 are unjabbed. It’s not like you can claim only 10% of the population is jabbed or not ... it’s basically even overall ... and overall the cases are split basically even.

That doesn’t sound like the cv jab is better accomplishing its goal than the shingles is with it.

I’ll investigate the current effectivity of the shingles vax ... but I reckon it’s better than 50% and I don’t have the problem of self-generating pathogen for 6 months. Antigen in the syringe, get the cell mediated & adaptive response. DONE.

10. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It appears ypu may be working a shell game (comparing covid vaccinations against varients towards which the vaccines were not designed).

But we were talking definitions. The definition remains the same. Vaccines protect against a disease but for not necessarily provide immunity from getting the disease.

11. Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not working anything but a pursuit of the truth.

The tally is as been presented.

For most people, the cv jab is risky at best.

For those who’ve taken the jab, a detox protocol is wise ... and refutation of further jabs. Hope the damage is limited.

The sars covi2 virus is quickly to become the least of our mortal worries. So ... I’m trying to be gentle and respectful ... with the truth. But the truth convicts.

I didn’t say the political spin convincts. That actually condemns.

I am currently in LA county and have experienced the shun of being jab free ... no food for you, leper. That condition will be attended at the airport ... though we may be slightly delayed as this most important system on the airplane gets what should have been available in the hotel.

12. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the truth is the meaning of vaccinations has not changed (as evidenced by your example of the shingles vaccine). The wording changed to clarify.

13. Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol. Ok Jon.

“theres no place like home” Dorothy

14. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You called the shingles vaccine.

The vaccine claims to be 90% effective in preventing shingles. With breakthrough cases the hope is a milder case of shingles. But you could experience side-effects such as chronic heart finesse, water in the lungs, anaphylaxis, death, and even shingles from the vaccine.

Yet you consider the covid vaccine not a vaccibe because it is not 100% effective in preventing covid, especially with varientstowards which the vaccine was not designed to protect.

How are you not being hypocritical in terms of the definition of "vaccine"?

It looks like you are politically rather than logically driven.

15. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at the bright side. You are part of a 17% minority which is declining rapidly (at the rate of 3.4 million a day). Once your group is small enough to fit in a camp located in an undisclosed location somewhere in the Mojave Desert you'll probably be fed at least twice a day. :Whistling

16. Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Numbers

with approx 1/2 the population cv vaxed

with approx 1/2 the cv cases from the cv vaxed …

that being close to a perfect proportion …. Seems to me if the cv vax was 97% or whatever … there’d be closer to 97% of the cases from non cv vaxed.

it isnt complicated but it does require the ability to look objectiey.
    And franky … thats ising the most favorable to the cv vax conditions. As one isnt considered cv vaxed until day 15 post injextion …

soo … the efficacy isn’t close to the advertised data from the trials

but i recognize you will disregard this and repeat “you’re being hypocritical”

shalom

17. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Numbers do not matter. Vaccines do not have to be equal, and there can be good and bad vaccines.

We are talking definitions.

The shingles vaccine provides protection from getting shingles, or a bad case of shingles. It dies not eliminate the possibility of getting shingles.

The covid vaccine provides a greater degree of protection against getting covid (the covid virus it was designed to protect us from). It also is not 100% but provides protection if infected.

Both the shingles vaccine and the covid vaccine meet the definition of a vaccine. Both provide immunity (functional immunity). Both provide protection. Neither provide sterilising immunity.

You are changing focus away from what we were discussing (the definition of a vaccine). I suspect you realize your mistake and don't want to own up to it. But you may just be unaware.

You are also using figures that include varients (not the initial virus). It is a shell game. Yet still, most of the deaths remain among the unvaccinated.

18. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Hitler started isolating the Jews by claiming they were spreading typhus.

19. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me guess. They herded all of the unvaxxed into the same concentration camp and voilà. :Wink