1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not surprised the least bit

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 27, 2021.

1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    48 million are 11 years and under. The US population is 329.5 million people. You believe that 48/329.5 = 3% ?

2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    55F57DFB-C385-4C01-A0AB-577FFA43C0E7.jpeg

162AB0EA-9A4E-4D34-B2BA-F1A52D30CCFA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    E2DF0F63-3EB4-4815-A928-20F6A825F956.jpeg

And Amen.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Two Wings

Two Wings Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    no sir. sigh.

whereas 97% is the number claimed to be the effective proportion of the cv vax which means ... take this vax and only 3 of 100 will contract the disease when challenged by the virus.

~150 million fully vaccinated ... Americans. That's approximately 1/2 the >18 y/o population. And most of those don't live rurally, btw.

every stat sheet I've seen since the end of the summer has shown approximately 1/2 of the current cases of covid 19 are just about evenly split between the cv vaxed and the non cv vaxed. Can't know the absolute numbers because no doubt there are many many who have contracted covid19 and didn't even know it ... both cv vaxed and non cv vaxed. with the (odd) notation of the 2 week period post injection which apparently tilts the "infected/reacted" toward the non cv jabbed (and 1/2 the deaths due to the jab are occurring within 14 days of the jab) ... one is either jabbed or not.

But we work with what we have ... and we have to realize ... given the buffoonery to date, (even the Lancet got hoodwinked on the HCQ report last year) we have to acknowledge these numbers will be skewed to reduce the hit on the cv vaxes ... cause you know ... everyone needs to get a cv vax.

Now I'm more than willing to be shown where I'm in error ... but I'm tired of having what I mean told to me. I'll even accept that my communication skills are lacking ... but don't tell me what I mean nor tell me what I have done or have not done and I shall try to do the same thing for you. OK?

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. If you stop I will as well.

The problem, IMHO, with using ratios is it is a moving target, easily manuplated, and skewed (it included populations only recently approved for vaccinations and currently not approved).

Another issue is it lumps covid cases in one category while ignoring varients. The vaccine was never expected to be 95% effective against varients, but the numbers you use for not reglect this distinction. You would need to go back to pre-Delta data to examine the effectiveness of the vaccines on the ground with the vaccinated at that time.

I prefer looking at actual numbers. It is too easy to forget these are people when we go to percentages.

Worldwide there have been 265,852,108 covid cases and 5,266,797 covid deaths.

7. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    but how does that change what we have in a cv vax?

I mean ... OK ... the CV vax was only "valid" for the alpha ... but take the cv vax anyway ... show us your card to engage in society ... and you still both contract and transmit the virus because it's a variant.

Does that distinction really matter in the context of stopping the threat of the virus? How does knowing that/stipulating what you've offered aid in the effort to stop the pandemic?

8. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    sorry ... quick pickle.

aren't percentages numbers?

it's easy to forget these are PEOPLE. I thought that's where you were going.

I agree .... and why do we STILL HAVE the "approved treatment" first step of "go home" without so much as an aspirin? (reference to previous typical, not that I think aspirin is effective in treating a covid19 infection)

... and we have to understand these are estimates, too ... because we've seen there is political agenda in the production of these numbers as evidenced by the sudden virtual eradication of flu deaths the last two years.. What's the meaning of is? kinda thing.

I will simply continue to urge caution in promoting the CDC's narrative. It's been found to be the antithesis of reliable as it's changed 15 ways from Sunday and clearly has contributed to intensifying and extending this pandemic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What I mean is people on both sides use which ever makes their position look better.

On this board it has been presented that tge chance of dying of covid is merely .5%, nothing to be concerned about and not enough to even warrant a vaccine. Sounds different when we say
    5,266,797 people died.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Off topic, but I would still appreciate an answer as to WHY can a moderator NOT BE IGNORED????
    I have asked this in the past, but have yet to receive an answer. From several comments over the past few months, it seems that others had this same question, hence posting now on open/active thread!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A great big triple AMEN, AMEN, & AMEN to this!!!:Devilish

• Like Like x 1
  12. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah ... OK. Yes, it's tragic. What's more tragic is that the vast majority of THOSE were preventable. (sick/susceptible placed into the very homes with more susceptible) Most of the total losses were in first world countries who follow this insane protocol of "go home and wait for some 'real' symptoms" ... and then high probability of getting on one of those ventilators about which we were so proud of Trump for using some POTUS authority to compel Ford Motor Company to start producing ventilators like it was WWII and Rosie the Riveter was back.

We didn't need a bahzillion ventilators ... we needed early treatment of the interference with the lung's diffusion process. That's STILL all we need in the vast majority of cases.

But for context in that number ... checkout this list in 2019 by none other than WHO dunit.

even with the artificially inflated covid19 death ATTRIBUTION, it would rate #3 between COPD and stroke (well, check that ... using nearly two years' worth of death stats in CV19 vice one ... so if we take 1/2 of your cited 5.3 million ... that's gonna make it about #5, with lower respiratory issues and ... NEONATAL conditions acing this disease ... again worldwide.

Are those conditions any more tragic? I mean ... could we have prevented a significant number of those?

What about the 42 million worldwide abortions last year? How many of those were unnecessary? Driven by irresponsible human activity? (getting the jab and wearing a face diaper is considered 'responsible' ... conversely failing to do that is ... irresponsible, hence the choice of words)

The top 10 causes of death

CDC reports flu cases in 2018-2019 ...

These tragedies don't disregard the losses to CV19 ... even those which weren't but were attributed. It speaks to the scope of the response, and therefore what we're willing to surrender for the perception we're "doing good" in reducing those tragedies.

#92 Two Wings, Dec 5, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    uh oh.

perish THIS thought. Omicron is a good infection!? Get natural immunity to covid19 with low risk.

PDF for you guys afraid of bumping epochtimes hit score.

Attached Files:

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was being facetious, as I seriously doubt that's what happened. But who's comparing to past events? The end times issue becomes rather moot for those experiencing a current version, and such current versions have been happening since the crucifixion.

The Soviet Union was a rather modern one, but not nearly the most recent. There are still large pockets of brutality in the region. And the world's biggest economic "ally"—Communist China—has a solid track record of oppression. They easily jackbooted Hong Kong and are now openly threatening Taiwan. These ducks aren't so much Nazi as they are totalitarian. Meanwhile, the Dem Progressive Left looks on approvingly with vicious envy and dreams of being the same. They aren't yet, but it's not for lack of trying.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Two Wings

Faith:
    Baptist
    yeah, sorry ...I was trying to do a "little troll" with the opening line. ... but I caught you instead. :p

I hear ya with respect to the tragedies in the moment at the time and simultaneously looking at the things Jesus told us would happen, and being still to listen to the Still Small Voice about those things written, and these things revealed.

Thanks be to God, I'm not in one of those places right now. Will be soon, methinks.

I was sharing some of these thoughts with my first officer last night enroute home ... he rejected 'em. Started with a question about the Grand Canyon; a little bit of water and a whole lotta time? Or a WHOLE lotta water and a little bit of time? Related the formation of the strata to Mt. St. Helens ... but he couldn't let go what he'd been taught. Even appealed to the young aviator with the story of Glacier Girl ... and the excavation of that P38 ... and what the excavation revealed about an oft-used dating apparatus in the ice layers when applied to the ice/snow at the Glacier Girl site, she'd have dated to a might older than 1942.

16. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No worries. I more or less took it as being a little droll, :Wink and an opportunity to rant a bit about my favorite oppressors.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And demonstrably so.

• Like Like x 1