"not willing that any should perish"

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by AresMan, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Pipedude Active Member

I'm more impressed with their humility than anything else. Y'all just flat out astound me.

2. timothy27 New Member

Actually the Sanhedrin did not know more than Jesus Himself, that would be saying they knew more than God. Also if they were so great how did they miss the signs in the Old Testament that Jesus fulfilled. The problem was that they wanted it to come about how they wanted it to, when they realized Christ was not the Messiah THEY wanted then there was no way He could have been. Sounds a lot like our condition people just cannot believe they are not in control.

I would agree tht Calvinists are great theologians, becasue they take God in His entirety, not just the parts people would like God to be. We take the good along with the dificult because it is the truth. We do not throw out things we have a hard time with just because we do not like it.

3. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There was also a group in the days of Jesus who were brilliant theologins. They were called the Sanhedrim. They were so brilliant, they knew more than Christ Himself. So brilliant they insisted on the cruxifiction of Christ. So brilliant they rejected there own God.
    May Christ shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike </font>[/QUOTE]But of course in this case- Lloyd has failed to show anything like "brilliance" in his constant avoidance of the text of scripture on topics where he is weak and confined to ad hominem insults "alone" as the substance of his responses.

It is hardly the place to "claim brilliance" when that is the bulk of his work.

In Christ,

Bob

4. BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So that's just more pointless ranting! Or "do you actually have a quote this time"??

Ok that is just obnoxious ranting -- (par for the course in Lloyd's case)

quote]Lloyd --

[I actually think the Calvinist ditch is so shallow and close to the truth that...[/quote]

Why do I not find this suprising? :rolleyes:

When Lloyd runs out of fact and argument - he simply "spouts opinion and insults". Why so predictable Lloyd?

In Christ,

Bob