1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Note: On BEING Compassionate to Illegals...

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jun 16, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMHO ..... I am personally tired of the manner in which many of you believe we should practice and demonstrate Christian charity and compassion toward those breaking our immigration laws. I am tired of watching children in our ghettos and barrios struggle while DC searches for a way allow these criminals to remain in this country; get free edcuation; and medical care, amnesty, etc.

If you want to be compassionate, give them water, food and let them clean up and get a night of rest, then send them south of our borders and let Mexico deal with these illegals, now in their country! We shouldn't be sending money and aide to Mexico to help them beef up their southern border control.

May I suggest, if you are so generous and compassionate to those breaking not only our laws, but our national budget, why don't you volunteer your home and your church to provide the care, and whatever monies needed to help them live in comfort? And once they are granted amnesty or a fast track to citizenship; you should also offer to continue to pick up the bills for all their future needs!

If you did that, I would applaud your compassion. And undoubtedly, you may be a better man than me, or at least, shall I say, a better liberal than I could ever hope to be! :smilewinkgrin:

So, it's time to put up or shut up. And for those living abroad and holding US Citizenship, I'd seriously like to know what your host country would do if millions of adults and now children continued to flood their borders, wanting to become a cisitzen in the country you are now living in!

If you say that country would do the right thing, and accept and make these people citizens, I'll contact my Congressperson and Senator and suggest they send a few million to where you are living!

Wake up America .... we can't afford to let this continue! It's been going on since Reagan opened his heart, and it never stopped, and it will never cease. It will be a problem, your kids and mine and theirs will face, and it will eventually destroy this country.

We wrote immigration laws for a reason. It's time we enforce them! :BangHead:

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Treat those who cheated by emigrating unlawfully with human kindness.

Then call INS.

3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Compassion" would be giving them a warm meal and a good night's sleep before putting them in a catapult and flinging them back to where they came from.

What's going on now is indulging their crime and their sin.

It's not the "compassion" part I object to, but the idea that, just because they're young, they're not subject to the law.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

That's going to be difficult. INS no longer exists. :laugh:

I believe you mean ICE.

As I said in RD2's poll, if Christians and their churches would step up, provide for and offer for adoption these children, I'd be all for that. That is the only legitimate path to citizenship they have. Our government can not afford to care for them, and would be violating every tenet of immigration law on the books to let them stay.

The government should find Christian sponsorship for them and not spend a dime on them. If they can't locate sponsorship, unfortunately they do not have a legal leg to stand on to remain in the U.S., and need to be sent home, wherever that may be.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes, ICE. (That'll teach me to comment in a pre-caffeinated state.):laugh:

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

I don't touch anything, including my wife or my Bible, without coffee. :laugh: