Notes or Bible?

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Bob Krajcik, May 3, 2005.

1. Bob Krajcik New Member

In a book © 2003 Gail Riplinger, these four points were declared to be lies, and goes on to say, “Such non-scriptural nonsense demands a ‘Study’ Bible with marginal notes which massage the meaning of the clear Bible text to fit this deviated mold.”

Do you say Yes, No, or Other?

1.) Man’s depravity extends to his will, that is, he has no free will to accept Jesus Christ as Saviour.

2.) God unconditionally elects certain special individuals to be saved, and pre-selects others to be damned to hell.

3.) Jesus died only for a select few. He did not die for “the world.”

4.) Those who have been pre-selected will automatically be saved.

2. Monergist New Member

I'm sorry, but I just can't take Gail Riplinger seriously. Anything that she "declares" is highly suspect.

3. Bob Krajcik New Member

I hesitated to name the source. I expected some would have difficulty with her. She does deserve credit for her work however. In my opinion she has a way of turning election and sovereign grace around, making no clear statement regarding factual representation, so that a straw man must be first taken out of the way before the clear facts of election and sovereign grace can be seen.

Many others like her at the front of the Bible issue on the KJVO side have also subtly or not so subtil, misrepresented election and the doctrines of sovereign grace, and then attacked the misrepresentation they create.

Spurgeon mentions that trait:

4. Bob Krajcik New Member