1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama actually slamming Trump

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Gold Dragon, Sep 8, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is garbage. Obama actually attacked the press with secret government powers as everyone knows.

Obama now is attacking his successor on the campaign trail, something no other ex-president has done in memory. He sometimes wears a tan suit.

Trump says he fell asleep during the messiah's speech.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His legacy continues on.

3. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Secret powers that everyone knows about. Riiiight.

Is this where we wink wink nudge nudge?

I hope you understand if I don't try to keep up with Alex Jones' latest conspiracy theories.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you talk so much trash? And if you like Obama so much, how is it that you don't know what he actually did? And why couldn't you find this common knowledge from Yahoo News?

The Justice Department spied extensively on Fox News reporter James Rosen in 2010, collecting his telephone records, tracking his movements in and out of the State Department and seizing two days of Rosen’s personal emails, the Washington Post reported on Monday.

In a chilling move sure to rile defenders of civil liberties, an FBI agent also accused Rosen of breaking anti-espionage law with behavior that—as described in the agent's own affidavit—falls well inside the bounds of traditional news reporting. (Disclosure: This reporter counts Rosen among his friends.)

UPDATE: Fox News responds with a blistering statement that asserts Rosen was "simply doing his job" in his role as "a member of what up until now has always been a free press.”

The revelations surfaced with President Barack Obama’s administration already under fire for seizing two months of telephone records of reporters and editors at the Associated Press. Obama last week said he makes “no apologies” for investigations into national security-related leaks. The AP's CEO, Gray Pruitt, said Sunday that the seizure was "unconstitutional."

The Obama administration has prosecuted twice as many leakers as all previous administrations combined.

Obama administration spied on Fox News reporter James Rosen: Report

#24 church mouse guy, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why was Obama's job only to enforce laws passed by Congress? I assume you are saying that's Trump's only ob as well?

6. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    D.O.J. Versus James Rosen

James Rosen: Fox News reporter targeted as 'co- conspirator' in spying case

No I was not aware of this story. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

The dept of justice initiated an investigation into a single journalist because of a possible connection in an actual violation of the Espionage Act. Woo plead guilty to giving classified information to Rosen. It does make sense to investigate if Rosen then broke any laws in getting that information and he was not found to have. He was not charged.

The error was not the investigation but jumping to the conclusion that Rosen was involved in the crime and overreaching on its warrant.

There was no indication this has anything to do with negative press or trying to stifle the free press. This was about chasing down leaks of confidential information. He was not publicly denigrated. His freedom as a journalist to write what he wanted was not threatened because of the investigation.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't know what it was about. When you move here and have lived here for at least ten years then you might. Until then you are just talking from across the ocean.

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Urgent Agenda quoted Michael Goodwin of the New York Post, "Obama's harsh partisan tone Friday, complete was his typical mocking of Republicans, was in striking contrast to the odes to bipartisanship vioced at Sen. John McCain's funeral. Too bad Obama wasn't there......."

9. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the last few decades, there has been this really cool thing called the internet that lets us know about things happening all around the world. It even gives us access to publicly available primary source documents that allows us to confirm the news we are reading. In fact, locals and people from the other side of the world often have the same level of access to information and use the same sources and are able to arrive at similar conclusions if they critically evaluate that information.

But of course if you feel that one cannot understand things outside of one's country, I would expect your posting history to reflect that view and acknowledge your ignorance of all things outside of the united states.

#29 Gold Dragon, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  10. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is interesting to note that as a consequence of the Rosen case, the Justice Department under Holder reviewed its approach to investigating journalists who are suspected of committing crimes where confidential information has been leaked to restrict itself from committing similar overreaches.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/ag/legacy/2013/07/15/news-media.pdf

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point is that Trump just calls the press fake news and enemies of the people but Obama moved against the press with the power of the government, probably using the weaponized FBI that we have seen as a result of the Mueller investigation. The left has to put people in jail or call the police on them to satisfy their sense of power while the right just laughs at them. Trump has over 50,000,000 Twitter followers while CNN has a difficult time getting 1,000,000 viewers on any given day. Obama and Hillary just don't like the common people.

Changing the subject, Doc, here is something from Wellington for you, because politics doesn't get much done:

Carrum Downs:

12. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know that is what you want to believe happened but the article you supplied and fact based reporting shows the Dept of Justice investigating a single reporter who was associated with a confirmed criminally leaked document. Through the investigation it was found Rosen did not commit any crimes and hindsight showed that the DoJ overreached on its warrant, something they tried to rectify for future similar cases.

13. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has done nothing to anyone in the press except to tell some of them to shut up when they were rude. You say that you have the internet, Doc, but you do not know about what Obama did. Here is a link to Wikipedia, a liberal source, about what Obama did to the AP, which was also out of line:

2013 Department of Justice investigations of reporters - Wikipedia

I don't know why you want to try to clean up Obama and Hillary when Christianity is the way to help people, as I tried to post to you above with the link to Carrum Downs and Wellington, which I hope that you watched.

Obama is outside of the American mainstream, as everyone has tried to tell you before. No ex-president in memory has re-entered partisan politics the way he did the other day. Maybe I can persuade you to watch an anti-communist Cuban dissident, who will explain to you how our freedom works on this point:

• Like Like x 1
  15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Twitter is an absolute mess. The guy who owns it seems to be way over his head. I don't know what is going to happen. I am not sure that Twitter would even be profitable if it weren't for Trump who has over 50,000,000 followers on it. I know that I signed up for Twitter a year ago just to get Trump and a dozen others. I tweeted a question to a theology student the other day for my first tweet. I look at Twitter once or twice a week. I think that we need a law that the owner of the platform is not responsible for what appears on the platform, but in all probability we are going to have to have another platform for conservatives. Diamond and Silk say that Facebook is liars and thieves--they charge you money for advertisement and then ban you after they get your money before the advertisement benefits you. YouTube joined in banning Alex Jones, who did not advocate violence or use profanity or vulgar language. Probably, someone like Hamas has active accounts on all of social media. Look at Louis Farrakhan who expresses open hatred of Jews but no one is banning him from anything.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, there is nothing in that Wikipedia article I didn't address. The warrant was a significant overrreach that the DoJ later agreed was an error and tried to rectify.

Amending the Department of Justice subpoena guidelines | Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

I'm not trying to clean up Obama or Hillary. I'm just addressing the incorrect understandings of history that you brought up that is easily corrected by looking at the well documented accounts of what actually happened.

17. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama made it easy. Many of them were unconstitutional in the first place.

If King Obama had gone through Congress as required, it would have been difficult, if not impossible, to reverse many of his "crowning achievements".

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He also attacked the Associated Press illegally.

19. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump has done nothing against the press except call them liars. Obama is not a mainstream American. He used the police against the press. Obama is a proven liar.

20. Gold Dragon

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian