1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama: An Angry, Mean-Spirited Man?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ya quido Taco Bell?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You are incorrect! Reagan's SDI included any system that would do the job. One of the first technologies studied, and one that proved to be successful, was a ground based missile hitting an incoming missile. You simply have listened to too many democrat lies about SDI!

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, I'll concede that the USSR was weakening from the inside.

However, looking at their behavior from 1976-1980, and then from 1980-1988...I see no other option but that Reagan greatly hastened their demise.

Negotiating w/ CCCP as Reagan did...from the vantage point of "peace through strength" (as opposed to the world-class capitulation artist, Neville Chamberlain II....James Earl Carter), it seems plain to me that the Soviets got their communistic gooses cooked because of who occupied our White House. I sincerely think that if Carter had been in office until 1984 (his term limit)...that the demise of communism worldwide would have taken much longer to happen. Not to mention....we would have missed out on at least one more Olympic games.

IMO, we saw an emboldened USSR after Carter signed the SALT-II treaty (by far the worst of all the peace treaties entered into by the US).

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Again, you are correct. Reagan had little to do with the fall of the USSR, other than being in office when it happened.

When you consider the disaster Reagan was in total, this lucky break hardly adds any virtue to a totally inept president.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Not sure what you do for a living...but if it falls through, try comedy, or fiction.

Avoid, at all costs, anything to do with court reporting, non-fiction, or history. You're kinda weak in that department.

6. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

You are confusing confidence with arrogance. He is as arrogant a person as I have ever seen.

And the chants at his campaign rallies that he is continually on remind me of little catch phrases often heard on Bob the Builder cartoons.....

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You leftists can lie all you want but that will not alter the truth. Reagan brought the country out of the Carter Malaise and Misery Index and restored pride in the country again. In addition he defeated the Soviet Union without firing a shot, gave us a missile defense system, and started the longest period of prosperity in history.

8. alatide

alatide New Member

-----------------------

#48 alatide, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
  9. targus

targus New Member

Shouldn't you be responding in your Xavier Montoya Zapata persona?

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This describes just about every Democrat in Washington, and just about every liberal you meet in daily life.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For one reason only...arrogance.

How dare anyone have the temerity to question him. He's the President, by golly!