1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama Plans to Let Ebola-infected Foreigners Into U.S. for Treatment

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder if the Secret Service has flagged this thread yet...

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, you're the one that said it not me. I sometimes feel like a lot of people here think that Obama is more powerful than God. Pray for the Nation if you must but you'll have to forgive me if I don't feel guilty about not praying for our Nation's elected President to get sick enough to be removed from office. Gotta be the craziest thing I've read today.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who is praying for the death of others?

And who are the others they pray for to be dead?

I haven't seen such a person or prayer here.

So help me out so I can understand what everyone is talking about.

You can just put their prayer right here in quotes.

I'll be waiting.

4. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You could wait or you could just read the thread. She isn't really shying away from her statement and nobody is confused about this except you.

Gina B's statement for your reference,

"Unless and until "We The People" make our best attempts to remove Obama, and fail, would it seem okay to pray he is removed by other means, re illness, if he doesn't repent and change.
    We haven't done that. So is the fault his/that of the administration alone? Nope. We share in any guilt to be had due to our inaction.
    It IS we the people, not s/he the president who are supposed to control our government, who is in it, stop wrong."

I'm sure you are doing your part though Carpro.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote:
    What they would really be shaking their heads over is the two of you lying through your teeth.

Gina voiced no such prayer and did not suggest that anyone else do so.

So cut the pious holier than thou posturing.

Both of you should be ashamed.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well she also said this.

"But if we do try to stop the bad guys, and we fail, then we wouldn't be wrong to pray for the bad guys to be stopped by other means."

I know you struggle with reading comprehension but again nobody else is struggling with the understanding of this except you. She said she is guilty of not saying the prayer but she suggested that it is something that should be done none the less.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They should and she didn't. This is what liberals do. They try to captialize on the smallest of things so they can shut down any criticism. Make a victim and it is easier to shut down criticism.

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, her statement in it's entirety.

"Unless and until "We The People" make our best attempts to remove Obama, and fail, would it seem okay to pray he is removed by other means, re illness, if he doesn't repent and change.
    We haven't done that. So is the fault his/that of the administration alone? Nope. We share in any guilt to be had due to our inaction.
    It IS we the people, not s/he the president who are supposed to control our government, who is in it, stop wrong."

Explain that statement and your interpretation. She said point blank, "would it seem ok to pray he is removed by other means, re illness." Then she says "we share in the guilt to be had due to our inaction." How else am I supposed to interpret that.

I know she said she didn't say the prayer but she also expressed guilt that she wasn't doing her part in that regard. How else are we supposed to read that?

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Guilty by inaction, of what he has done wrong.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those two are always putting words in the mouths of others.

You're certainly not guilty of praying for anyone's death.

It's a bald faced lie for them to say you were.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baloney. Gina is a good gal and would pray for the illness or death of no one.

You say you know she didn't say the prayer, but you tried to make everyone think she did.

That's even worse. Bearing false witness against another is the same as lying to damage the reputation of someone else. It's reprehensible and lower than low. You really should be ashamed and if you were even half a man, you would beg her forgiveness.

I'm sure all those non christians you were worried about reading this thread are waiting to see if you're a stand up man and Christian, or just another blowhard leftist ideologue.

#51 carpro, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bigger part of this problem is he doesn't know her. So he is free to assume whatever he wants. What he needs to do is chill until he gets to know people. Doing so would change his posting habits.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think so. He likes to spin the words of others and put his own words in their mouths.

It's dishonest, I know, but he does it in almost every thread. In this thread alone, he has done it to me and to Gina.

I don't believe knowing more about the other members would matter at all. Considering his ideology, I don't think he can help himself.

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you care to explain her comments in her post? No? How bout you Carpro? Did she or did she not bring up praying for illness as a viable option? Are my eyes deceiving me? This statement came from her own fingertips. Has it now gotten to the point where you two are going to keep saying this even when the evidence stares you in the face.

Again, Gina B. is not saying she has said the prayer but she is clearly saying that it is an option we should consider.

Can't wait for you guys to interpret her posts. I noticed you have both stayed far away from trying to do that. I wonder why that is? You both resort to your usual liberal insults even though we aren't even talking politics at this point.

#54 Use of Time, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try reading this thread again and show me where I specifically accused Gina B. of saying this prayer. When she first made the statement I asked her if this was a common prayer request and she clarified that she didn't make the prayer but presented it as a viable option. That is what I have a problem with. I know she hasn't said the prayer and I haven't revisited that issue one time.

I still have a problem with the guilt trip she is trying to lay on us for inaction and the presentation of this prayer as a viable option. The only person that accused her of the prayer was preachingjesus I believe. Or you probably know that and this is another one of your attempts to pass someone else's words off as my own.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, you called me a troll after my first post here. You really took the time to get to know me you hypocrite.

17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't so, IMO, they are using a blend of sarcasm and irony to prove a point not a wish of death upon another person.

In Scripture, Paul used a similar grammatical usage against those of the circumcision:

NIV Galatians 5:12 As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!​

HankD

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When nailed, you always quibble. Typical leftist. Not a stand up bone in your body.

Now all those non Christians you are worried about know what you are. You can stop worrying about it.

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Answer my question and interpret her post. Or you can take the cowardly way out and keep trying to put others words in my mouth. I'm not preachingjesus. Once again you are trying to take someone else's post and make it mine. That is twice you have done this to me. I'm the one who asked Gina B. a question and she clarified. I continued to take exception to her proposal of praying for sickness. Reread the thread. The only person in this whole thread who can't seem to pay attention to the thread long enough to understand this is you. God bless the Texas education system.

20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still quibbling.

After you apologize to Gina, we might have something to discuss.

But until you man up...