1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama Plans to Let Ebola-infected Foreigners Into U.S. for Treatment

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

"

And this again is one of the reasons I believe that so called Christian "political" conservatives keep getting more of exactly what they don't want.

Folks aren't praying for this man to make Godly decisions or if he doesn't know Christ , that he repent and change.

The paltry prayers that are being said are against The President in hopes that something happens to him or that he does something to have himself removed from office.

It continues to be disgusting and showcases political conservatism but NOTHING of the spiritual conservatism that spotlights Jesus Christ.

Perhaps that's why God keeps right on giving so called Christian political conservatives more and more of the politics they don't want. You place your politics before Him? Fine have your politics but it may not be the politics you desire.

Sounds like the idol worship of the OT.

As should anyone who loves Jesus. It is a wicked, wicked thing to desire such things. It demonstrates NOTHING of the love of Christ but rather a love for this dying world and its politics.

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

WHY would it be a horrible thing to do?

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Tim 2:1-2
    I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

1 Peter 2:17
    Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

Titus 3:1-2
    Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To wish ill of another human being? Do I even have to answer that?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Alright Gina. Help me out here so that I'm clear. Please accept my apology and correct me if I'm incorrect. Are you saying that it's okay that Christians pray to have something happen to the President so that he be removed from office?

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No. Not in the way being implied. I do believe in imprecatory prayer, but one must be clear of wrong doing, have done what s/he can, and the cause must be just and severe. That is the only time we see such prayer used in scripture.

Do you think those on here who talk poorly about the President are being unjustly and severely harmed and have (or ever will have) tried to stop it, and are so free of wrong-doing that this type of prayer is in order and would be okay? I don't.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? Then how come when I stated the following,

"No. It would not be ok to pray that he is removed by other means, re illness, if he doesn't change. That would be a horrible thing for me to do. I also do not feel guilty for not doing that and other things to remove him."

You responded with, "Why would that be a horrible thing to do?"

Are you saying that if I thought it was a great idea, you would be ok with that?

I'm sorry but I can't help but feel that you are quibbling or pulling off your original statement.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Because, UoT, it's dumb to have a stance without anything to back it up. From the little of what you post, I see black and white statements with little to no thought or reasoning. So I asked for your reasoning. If you don't care to give any, why are you on a discussion board? This is what we do here. Get people's ideas, opinions, compare them to ours, discuss the differences, enjoy the similarities.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What in the...:confused:

Just answer my question please. Carpro ducked it, Rev. Mitch ducked it and now you are ducking it. This is truly amazing. Do you really need me to give my reasoning on why I think praying for the illness of the President is horrible without any backup? Really. Fine, here it is. I don't think we should use prayer for the physical distress of another. My backup is that it is not a good Christian witness to pray that prayer and I would be in fear of what God's response to me would be if I lifted that prayer up.

I'm big on getting people's ideas, opinions as well and believe me, I'm not enjoying the similarities I'm seeing so far in here. so I'd love to hear your answer.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I completely agree. It's one thing to pray that God fix a situation. But it seems unlike Christ to pray for physical harm over a worldly situation.

The answer for Christians should always be the love of Christ.

If the President is doing things that are unGodly, then pray that God leads him to repentance and change so that his soul may be saved if it is not.

But to pray for illness or death instead of repentance and salvation seems to go against wanting none to perish, and wanting all to be saved.

Should the Body of Christ not want the same thing?

We've got to stop being blinded by politics and the other things of this dying world.

11. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you lost or something? THe Governor doesn't work out of the White House either.