1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama Says That All Faiths Share Same ‘Bedrock Values’ Taught by Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by carpro, Dec 4, 2015.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...share-same-bedrock-values-taught-jesus-christ

Obama Says That All Faiths Share Same ‘Bedrock Values’ Taught by Jesus Christ

While lighting the National Christmas Tree in Washington, D.C., on Thursday, President Barack Obama said that the “lessons of Jesus Christ” are in not just the lessons of the Christian faith but are in fact “the bedrock values of all faiths.”

2. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What would Omuslim know about Christianity? Remember, he went to church for 20 years and never really listened.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

Does anyone proofread his speeches, or did this just off the top of his head. He has supposedly sat in a so called christian Church, and studied islom, how could he come to the conclusion that they share much of anything?

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That just truthfully proves that this man is not a Christian who follows Jesus Christ. I'm not saying he's Muslim but he is probably more of a "mosh pit of beliefs" instead - just like the vast majority of people in the US, even those who claim to be "Christian".

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Was George W. Bush not a Christian? He went a step farther than Obama in declaring that Muslims and Christians worship and pray to the SAME god. He supposedly made a confession for Christ and stopped drinking shortly thereafter.

Three times he made his statements. Was anyone proofreading his speeches or answers for his interviews? Did he listen in church? Was George Bush II also a "mosh pit of beliefs?"

6. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

In order for the same standards to apply to Bush, he would need to be a democrat. The objections aren't in defense of Christianity, but politics through and through.

Just look how they support Carson and Trump.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only person he really worships is himself.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was a dumb thing to say and he was just as wrong as Obama is now.

But he didn't seem to have a problem saying radical islamic terrorism.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. Had no idea the politics of radical racism his preacher preached.:rolleyes:

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There's probably some truth in that about EVERY President who has ever held the office.
    President Obama has done stuff that had me telling folks that if he wasn't the forthcoming AntiChrist, that the people's response was indicative of a nice little test run. IMO, he seemingly did nothing in his first couple of years of office but spit at Christendom while doing everything he could to be respectful of Islam. This seemed to be very intentional on his part as a way to show the world that the United States was not at war with Islam.

I don't know if he is a Muslim or not. But I didn't see anything in those first couple of years that led me to believe he was a follower of Christ. As the years have gone by, he seems to be trying to find more of a balance and his actions in a lot of instances have been more Christlike than I've seen out of several in the Church.

But all that aside, I'm assuming that we can conclude by his statements, that Bush II really worshiped himself, especially after being taken to the woodshed in his first pronouncement by Billy Graham and some others. Yet, he turned around and made the same stupid statement two more times publicly.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're wrong about Bush worshiping himself, but he deserved to be taken to the woodshed for his stupid statement. He was mistakenly applying the politics of appeasement to muslims, just not to the degree Obama does. Bush, at least, knew who the enemy was and was not afraid to speak the words. Obama can't even say the word islam and terrorism in the same paragraph. Ridiculous.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Let's see. Jesus never advocated the killing of anyone. Never preached it was OK to lie about your beliefs to save your life or advance his kingdom. The list goes on...

Yep . They share the same values alright. :rolleyes:

The moron.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't know. When some pretty big names in the SBC sit with ya and tell you why evangelicals have a problem with what you have said and you turn around and do it, not once, but two more times? I think he got to thinking I'm the President and I know just as well as they do .

Seemed to be worship of something taking place cause you can't be against God and for Him at the same time.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now you tell that to all the folks who say His words show that He supports capital punishment. I think what you said above is CONSISTENT with the mercy and grace that the character of Jesus represents.

15. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Remember the part in the Bible where Jesus had a whole city of Jews beheaded?

No? But Muhammed did.

Listen, all religions lead to God. Every human will meet God....for judgment! All roads, in THAT sense lead to God..only CHRIST leads to salvation.

But to say that all religions have the same basic tenants is either stupidity, lying, or arrogance. The Buddhist trying to reach the annihilation of his soul does NOT even believe that there is a personal God, let alone please such a God.

The Confucius follower setting out food offerings and praying to his ancestors is NOT the same thing as a Chistian praying to the Holy Spirit!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think Obama is a religious person at all, whether it be Christianity or Islam.

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/said-obama-vs-bush-islam/

"Bloomberg notes that George W. Bush also avoided the term “Radical Islam,” saying it’s a “longstanding U.S. policy.” Why? As Elliot Abrams, who served as deputy National Security Adviser to George W. Bush told Eli Lake, “We were invading two Muslim countries, and we were being accused of being at war with Islam. So the administration wanted to make it very clear that we are not at war with Islam and every Muslim in the world.”

Folks, Bush and Obama were and are world leaders who have somewhat higher stakes with regards to what they say then a talking head political pundit or a message board participant. When you are going to invade two Muslim countries and rely on the local Nationals for services such as interpretation, intelligence and potential force multiplication then you don't let ISIS hijack the legitimacy of their religion and you don't start off on a good foot by demo grating the foundation of their faith.

I suppose I can go back into the archives of this board and find all the same outcries about Bush if I look for them right? Right?

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "The murderous ideology of the Islamic radicals is the great challenge of our new century."

President George W. Bush

19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Americans understand we fight not a religion,” he said. “Ours is not a campaign against the Muslim faith. Ours is a campaign against evil.”

President George W. Bush

"There are thousands of Muslims who proudly call themselves Americans, and they know what I know — that the Muslim faith is based upon peace and love and compassion.”

(oooh boy, Obama would never have gotten away with that one.)

President George W. Bush

• Like Like x 1
  20. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely true.

But he stated clearly who the enemy was and called them by name.

"The murderous ideology of the Islamic radicals is the great challenge of our new century."

Words Obama will never utter.

"The influence of Islamic radicalism is also magnified by helpers and enablers."

President George W. Bush

...Islamic radicalism is elitist, led by a self-appointed vanguard that presumes to speak for the Muslim masses.

President George W. Bush