1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama to announce 'executive action' on immigration after elections

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Oct 22, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

According to the mainstream consensus there's only two "credible" types of sources, corporate sources and government sources. Of course they're joined at the hip now so there's really only one source of "credible" information.

GovCorp Inc. And it's pressitute media. Of course we have a choice between two flavors there's a flavor for lefties and a flavor for righties but it's all controlled by GovCorp Inc.

#21 poncho, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2014
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I'm still waiting for a link from CMG that connects the refusal to stop planes from Africa with the Mexican immigration problem.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I check because as you can tell (like this thread for example), there is usually more than meets the eye on threads that get posted here. I've only started one thread in my posting history and I posted backup. Have you asked me to backup something recently and I let you down? Don't remember that.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for proof that Russia invaded Ukraine.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not recently.

I stopped asking when you refused the first 2 or 3 times. I understood you considered yourself exempt. So now, in return, I don't go out of my way to prove anything to you.

It doesn't really matter whether or not it is a thread you start. If you make a statement as factual and are called upon to back it up, you should be able to do that. When you began to post here, the times I asked, you used the old "prove a negative" gambit. I told you at the time that was dishonest and your credibility with me dropped a bunch at that point and is one of the things at the root of our mutual dislike of each other.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When have you asked me for a link? Are you completely innocent of this?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It happened. More than once. You know it did. In return, I don't feel under any obligation to provide you with anything.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So nothing. Funny how that works. :laugh:

9. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "...The Obama administration will not genuinely try to slow pandemic Ebola despite the danger to American lives because to do so Obama would have to abandon his promises to decree amnesty for illegal aliens and drop any push for immigration reform amnesty. Obama would have to stop his administration's Constitution and law violating practice of encouraging illegal immigrants to enter the US and then imitating the smuggler operations that brought them to our borders when he takes the illegals to the American heartlands for dispersal...."

http://arkansasgopwing.blogspot.com/2014/10/obama-wont-sacrifice-immigration-reform.html

Obama wants to keep the USA a country without borders so that the Democrats can appeal to the rich with hopelessly cheap labor and meanwhile convert the USA to a one-party state based upon Hispanic/Catholic voters allied with blacks, gays, and Jews along with the remnant of organized labor and funded by the wealth of organized labor.

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So ebola has reached the status of pandemic now?

11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know how you define pandemic or what exactly is your definition of the word.

I know that I dislike coming into contact with people from West Africa from time to time here at the crossroads of America.

Various posters asked for a link to the GOP opinion that the failure to use a travel ban from West Africa is linked to the scheduled December 25 Obama amnesty for everyone in the country, including terrorists, criminals, and ebola patients. I have provided such a link.

Be my guest if you wish to dispute the use of the word pandemic by the link.

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I asked for proof of a linkage between the refusal of the Obama administration to block planes from Africa and the Mexican immigration policy. Not some nutcase's opinion.

From your article:
    "It is logical deduction that Obama would have to abandon immigration reform amnesty promises to stop Ebola from infecting Americans."

That's it. That's your proof? A GOP operative's blog post. The guy can't make a distinction between a medical crisis requiring emergency measures and an ongoing policy of the US.

Look at what else this blogger says:

"Precedent with 2009 Mexican Flu
    When the last pandemic flu strain emerged in Mexico, it should have been called Mexican flu because new strains are always named after their point of origin. But since that would harm the effort to force a merger of economies in North America thus destroying the border, Constitution, and sovereignty of America in the process it was renamed inappropriately as 'H1N1 Flu' or 'Swine flu'."

Your source has zero credibility.

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh says you. Good luck with that. Attacking the source rather than dealing with the info in the op is an informal fallacy (adhominem). What you need to do instead of attacking the source is to find pertinent info that refutes what you do not like and post that in opposition to it. Bad mouthing the source and making and unsubstantiated claim that the source has no credibility does not prove the lack of credibility. It is just your personal "nutcase" opinion.

So until you come up with your own evidence that the post you badmouthed is in error your post is nothing more that one "nutcase" calling out another "nutcase".

#33 Revmitchell, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The readers of this thread can decide for themselves.

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, you asked for a link of where the idea is coming from. It is widespread in the GOP but I gave you an internet link to GOP thinking. Then you asked for proof that Obama was linking the admission of West Africans and the promised end of the year amnesty. Since actions speak louder than words, we will know December 25 when we have given amnesty to everyone in the country and there will still be no ban on travel from West Africa. Meanwhile Obama has only promised amnesty by the end of the year and has refused a travel ban from West Africa. One would think that people who are not afraid of ebola would fly to West Africa to help, especially wealthy ivy leaguers and people who believe in the Fatherhood of God, the Brotherhood of Man, and the Neighborhood of Martha's Vineyard.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well sure, let's put on a show for all the readers of this thread. Oooorrrrr.....you could post in a manner that is consistent with the so called integrity you seem to want to hold others too. That post falls flat.