Obama Will Be Our Next President

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Rippon, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This just in -- I have determined that Obama will be our next President . He will beat McCain decisively at the polls in November . I'm sorry to report this eventuality . But after his single term we will have a new , strongly conservative President to govern us .

Well , you know how accurate I have been regarding political matters . I wouldn't put much stock in my political prognostications .

So many different things will transpire between now and November . All sorts of variables are bound to take place . Circumstances change .

I'm still harboring a hope for a brokered Republican convention .Barring that --( with another Republican candidate challenging the Democratic contender ) Obama will rack up more than enough votes in the general primary to win the Grand Prize .However , I'll bet he appoints a number of Republicans to his cabinet .

2. StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama will win in a landslide if nominated. I'm not 100% sold on him being the nominee, but I think he probably will win it. I'd put it at 65% that he will get the nomination.

I also disagree with your prediction of the conservative president in 2012. I think Obama will be a two-term president.

3. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you. I hope you are correct. :thumbs:

4. Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I am still not convinced that Obama can beat Hillary. Hillary has the heart of the party and Obama will have to move mountains to get around that fact. I am not sure he can.

If Obama or Hillary win in November I expect they will serve two terms. Why? If you tell people what they want to hear, if you give people what they want you to give them they will love you. Both Obama and Hillary will do both of those things (Obama more than Hillary).

==Could happen, but I see nothing good coming from that. It would weaken the party and weaken the candidate. I would rather see McCain win the nomination in the next few weeks. I like Huckabee, don't get me wrong, but I think he would get stomped on during a general election. Why? Because many of his views are in line with my views and those views are not that popular right now. I have differences and agreements with both McCain and Huckabee, but I think McCain will be the strongest candidate in November. Can McCain beat Hillary or Obama? Yes, but only if the conservatives in the Republican Party stop acting like a bunch of spoiled babies. :saint:

5. Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just keep remembering how much some democrats irrationally hate Bush.

The ones who are backing the losing democratic candidate are going to feel some of that same emotion when they lose. They can't help it - it's in their nature.

Therefore the democratic nominee whoever it turns out to be will not have 100% backing in the democratic party and how nasty it gets before that nominee is chosen will determine the ultimate strength of the party going into the general election.

A republican could still win in Nov. And Huckabee could be that republican if all us Conservatives would not give up!!

It's a long way to November. Keep up the Fight!