1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Obamacare Deception: You May Not Know the Half of It

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ... We've already seen a number of news stories reporting that the administration knew that Obamacare would force far more than 5 percent of Americans out of their plans. But my friend Andy McCarthy has just put the final nails in this coffin, in his latest piece for National Review (http://www.nationalreview.com/article/364176/obamas-5-percent-con-job-andrew-c-mccarthy/page/0/1).

Andy refers to Obama's latest excuse as the "5 percent" con job. In the first place, the individual health care market is not 5 percent but 8 percent. This additional 3 percent is probably some 10 million more Americans. No big deal, right?

But that's not the half of it -- literally. Andy notes that the administration's internal estimates have shown, for at least three years, as reported in the Federal Register, that most of the 156 million Americans covered by employer plans will also lose their coverage under Obamacare. He adds that the administration also let the cat out of the bag in a letter to state insurance commissioners, wherein it admitted that small businesses -- not just "individuals" -- would be among those whose plans would be canceled.

Just in case the administration tries to worm out of these latest damning revelations, Andy presents another one that should put such disingenuous denials finally to rest. In a brief submitted to the federal district court in Washington by Obama's Department of Health and Human Services in a case over the conscience clause (another matter poisoned by Obama's abject deception), the administration conceded that "even under the grandfathering provision," it is estimated that "a majority of group health plans will have lost their grandfather status by the end of 2013." Point. Game. Set. Match.

http://townhall.com/columnists/davi...u-may-not-know-the-half-of-it-n1748883/page/2

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When will IMPEACHMENT be mentioned....

...in and around Washington? It looks as though the evidence to remove Obama for fiscal malfeasance, and lack of integrity [not to mention the inability to properly lead this country as a president is expected to do] is growing DAILY!!!

I am bewildered by the fact that no one has even whispered the word "impeachment!"

This is some great stuff, thanks for posting! :thumbs:

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Impeachment has been mentioned, RD2, but unfortunately, lying isn't an impeachable offense. If it was, there wouldn't have anyone left in Washington, our state capitals, courthouses, city halls, or even at the dog pound.

As I've said before, and it's becoming more of a conviction of mine, we need as a people to exercise our right to seek a redress of grievances as guaranteed by the First Amendment. There is an organization drafting just such a petition now, though I honestly don't know anything about it. I need to research it and make certain it is an organization I would want to be affiliated with before I recommend it to anyone.

I'll get back to everyone on that. I'm serious. I believe the time has come that we must confront the government over its actions, methodologies, posturing, and failures. Without changing the structure of government, as I can think of no better than that assembled by our Founding Fathers 226 years ago in the Constitution, we nonetheless are entitled to bring change to government when it ceases to function as it should.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great article by Limbaugh. He's a fine Christian man.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

It's all a game. They could've had the site up and running by now, but they don't WANT to do that. What they DO want is to play games, fiddle around and wait for more and more Americans to lose their insurance, they want to see the demise of the health insurance industry, and then plan on garnering all of those who 'lost' coverage into the obummercare. It's all designed to do what it is doing right now, they all know it and are playing games, dodging, giving everyone the run around waiting for the whole thing to collapse before they get it 'up and running'.