1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Officers ignore Commissioner Bratton's plea and turn their backs AGAIN on de Blasio

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac- You really compare this to the actions of Westboro? Different motives, different circumstancs.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Fortunately for us , right isn't determined by a show of hands. And if the Mayor has blood on his hands, then so does Peter Lynch and all of the other NYPD officers who have fostered an environment where the public neither trusts or respects them.

And neither the police nor the Benevolent Union chief have done anything to ease the tensions they have caused.

It wasn't quiet. And it was selfish. All this does is give a perception to the world that these folks don't give a crap about those two officers. They took what should have been a time of solidarity in support of Officer Liu's family and turned it into a political fiasco that said to the world, we're more concerned about getting our way than we are about this officer's family and their grief.

They are helping to paint the very picture the protestors have already said was there.
    That's pure foolishness and based in politics and racial prejudice. The man has a son who looks Black. Get over it. He can have a talk with his son about how to respond when pulled over by the police. They don't have to like it.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I do compare it to Westboro. There has never been anything about the Westboro protests that have been about God or the families of those who have died. It's always about drawing attention to what they(WESTBORO) wants everyone else to hear them say.

Same thing here with the police. This isn't about God or the officer's families. It's about them making sure that the Mayor and everyone who is against their behavior hears what they have to say about what they think he did.

Different circumstances but the exact same motive.

Like Westboro, the police officers could have chosen any other venue and any other time to make their dissatisfaction known. But they chose a public funeral because they knew the public would be watching.

Just like Westboro.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They ignored a direct command from the commissioner ? They're not military where one is under obligation to obey a direct order by a superior. They are a civilian organization.
    deBlasio OWES them an apology for what he said regarding dealing with the police, to his biracial son.
    Nobody has to walk on pins and needles when dealing with the police UNLESS he is a criminal or a felon with a long list of offenses against the public, which is basically what both Brown and Garner were.
    Those two were not profiled and did not die at the hands of the police BECAUSE they were black.
    Brown died because the jury determined the officer was defending his life and therefore not indictable.
    Garner died because he RESISTED arrest.
    None of these officers did what they did just for the heck of it, because they were cops..

If you were the police commissioner and you did what you said you would do, trust me, you're not gonna make it very far in an organization where the rank and file LOOKS TO THE OFFICE OF THE MAYOR and your office to have their backs, not insinuate against the character of every police officer.

Are there bad eggs in the organization ?
    Definitely.
    But to insinuate against the character of every one of them is grossly irresponsible especially if you are the mayor.
    deBlasio DESERVES their contempt.
    He earned it because he is mayor not only of those who call the police for assistance, but also by the police who respond to those calls.

The police of New York are still professionals.
    They are still responding to emergencies like they're supposed to, they're still patrolling the hostile streets of New York, thanks to irresponsible rabble-rousers like Sharpton.

Start to worry when New York cops, who are mostly New York born and raised, get lost on the way to an emergency, and arrive at the address after the fact.

5. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

:thumbsup: Keeping his job and keeping the peace around his job.

6. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

What bearing does that have on what I posted or who I posted it to? Will be happy to answer, just wondering what it matters.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Stop being silly. There's a chain of command under which they operate. If the Commissioner gives them an order, they are expected to follow it or be disciplined if he so chooses. This was a request as has been noted.
    Under a chain of command.

If he owes an apology, then they owe one to the dead officers families for being complicit in their deaths as do Giuliani and Peter Lynch and Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh.

So line the the rest up. When you get an apology from them, de Blasio will give his apology for telling his son how to come back home alive.

Irrelevant to the topic.

Irrelevant to the topic.

And THIS is why systemic racial prejudice and racism and systemic everything else that's wrong pervades. Because like you, a lot of the folks who work for the NYPD think that people have to bow to them, right or wrong, or not get very far.

And when you get people operating underneath that auspice, it ruins what probably were at one point, some pretty good police officers.

Again, he's dealing with reality. Police officers are killing black men at alarming rates. He has an interracial son who looks black. He loves his son. It doesn't have to sit well with white America or the men who wear blue. He loves his son and he and his wife want him to come home alive as opposed to going to see him on a cold slab in some sanitized room with his body riddled with bullets.

So he told him how to respond to police. They don't have to like it. But he recognizes that there is systemic racial prejudice and racism in police forces with dealing with black men.

There's no need for an apology unless he wants to deal with his wife.

I applaud what he said because it shows a man who hasn't seemingly been corrupted by a system. It shows a man who is willing to let his family come before his job, as he should.

As I said to Rolf, it's situational ethics. He's their boss.

He's earned their respect for the same reason.

Some are. But the type of behavior exhibited with Garner and at these funerals leaves a lot of the world thinking otherwise.

And Hannity and Limbaugh and Beck and O'Reilly. It's all about money and padding the pockets.

Police generally arrive after the emergency. Most of the time when they get there, the crime has already occurred.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I agree with you. In my opinion, Kaiser Bill Wilhelm DeBlahBlah was just there for a photo op. He had made it clear for many years that he dislikes police.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What were some of the cops there for if he was just there for the photo op? They kinda made it clear that they weren't there for Officer Liu's family. So why were some of them there? They disrespected his memory by disrespecting his family by making a family event into a political statement. So again, why were the cops who turned their backs there?

They knew de Blasio would be there . So they obviously planned ahead of time to do this.

SELFISHNESS.

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

How on earth does he have blood on his hands? This is a pretty typical conversation for parents and caregivers to have with their bi-racial children. Reality is what it is, and the reality is that in a number of areas, minorities are more likely to be viewed as seeming suspicious.

It is so strange to me that such a conversation is seen as putting blood on someone's hands. In fact, haven't some of you saying this have said minorities should be more careful than whites to look and dress with extra care and be extra polite and respectful? We're supposed to keep our concern secret, or we're responsible for criminal jerks shooting decent officers? This makes no sense.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did he even voice his displeasure at this SICK request?

HankD

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Why would he need to? ???

13. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Hank - after you posted, I went and read through approximately eight recent transcripts of Mayor de Blasio speaking on various occasions. He spoke strongly against violence and assured anyone who threatened or acted out would be arrested and prosecuted. I read him encouraging peace. I read him lifting up police officers in high regard and outlining plans to keep them safe.

I don't know a ton about the guy, but he sure is sounding pretty good.

14. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll help you out, Gina--he's a communist. When he first got elected, he wanted to reward his donors by outlawing horse-drawn carriages because the horse stables are prime real estate worth millions to his donors. He's an oily-tongued crook.

15. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm trying to figure out why telling your children how to respond to Police offers has to be about race. When I got my driver license I was given a talk on how to act if I was ever stopped. I will have the same talk with my children. To me its just common sense to teach your children how to deal with police offers especially in a high stress situation like a traffic stop. According to my cop friends that is one of the most dangerous thing for an officer to do, so I do everything I can to help de-stress them. It has nothing to do with race, just common sense. The mayor should not have made it about race.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, all those cops have no idea what they are doing. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio and President Barack Obama have engaged in "hate speech" against the police, says former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani.

Appearing Monday on Fox News Channel's "Hannity," Giuliani said police officers were being disrespectful to the office when the literally turned their backs on de Blasio Saturday night following the shooting deaths of two of their fellow officers.

But Giuliani said he understands the officers' feelings because of the way de Blasio has spoken about the police in recent months.

"All those comments saying the New York City police department are substantially racist, and that is totally untrue. That hasn't been true for decades," Giuliani said. "I mean, the New York City police department is one of the most diverse police departments in the United States."

"So this whole notion that the police officers are running around trying to kill people of color – I have no idea why the president and the mayor want to perpetuate this," he added.

Giuliani said he has been upset with the tone of elected officials about police even before the killings on Saturday of officers Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu by a man who posted on Instagram he was going to kill two police officers to avenge the death of Eric Garner.

"I consider this hate speech regarding police officers," he said.

He criticized Obama for taking advice from the Rev. Al Sharpton, whom Giuliani accused of hating the police for decades and for causing riots in New York City.

"It's propaganda. It's no different than the propaganda they used to have in the Soviet Union," Giuliani said.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Headline/bill-de-blasio-hate-speech/2014/12/22/id/614572/#ixzz3O16vrCHp

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With Bill de Blasio making headlines for fanning the flames of racial tension between police and protesters it’s worth recalling newsworthy information about the New York City mayor’s dark past; that he was an active supporter of a brutal communist regime well known as one of the worst human rights abusers in Latin America.

Judicial Watch uncovered and reported the scandalous details last year. De Blasio was an active supporter of the communist Sandinista regime in Nicaragua in the 1980s. He was so enamored with Soviet-backed revolutionaries that he traveled to the capital city of the war-torn country, Managua, to aid their cause by participating in a relief mission. Upon de Blasio’s return to the United States, he joined the Nicaragua Solidarity Network of Greater New York (NSN).

JW examined the records of the NSN at the Tamiment Library & Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives, located on the campus of New York University (NYU) in the Greenwich Village section of New York City. The archive is also the NYU “Reference Center for Marxist Studies.” According to the archive record guide: “The Nicaragua Solidarity Network of Greater New York (1985-2002), and its member organizations worked to support the Sandinista Revolution and to protest U.S. support of the counter-revolutionary military movement, aka the Contras, who also killed civilian supporters of the revolution, targeting medical and educational personnel in particular.”

The records show de Blasio was an ardent supporter of the communist revolutionaries in Nicaragua, who raised funds for the Sandinistas and was a subscriber to the party’s newspaper, “Barricada” (The Barricade). He traveled to Nicaragua in 1988 and became active in the NSN upon his return to the U.S. New York’s mayor has been unapologetic about his involvement with a foreign Marxist political movement accused of slaughtering innocent civilians and practicing the “disappearance” technique of eliminating political foes

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...sio-active-supporter-brutal-communist-regime/

19. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina - I know you are a solid contributor, and I have always enjoyed as well as respected what you contribute to the forum.

However, on this, I have to take exception and wonder if you are reading and listening to the same news as the rest of us?

The mayor did more to inflame the hate and discontent in the city with his comments about the protestors and his view on how his son (the mayor is married to a black woman, and they have a bi-racial child) shoiuld act and respond when approached by police. WELL, I am white, and my parents taught me to act respectfully to police, too! Besides, common sense says to me that these folks carry guns, they have a stressful job, and I shuld do whatever I can to make sure they never have to draw their gun on me and use it!

Any ways, his comments did not help in settling down the anger and feelings of the protestors. In fact, it seemed to rile them up; plus give them a license to protest further, knowing the MAYOR was on their side!

This is why the cops are turning their backs on him. He did not try to tamper down feelings, but rather stirred things up to a fever pitch, making the job of the cops that much more difficult!

So, I don't agree that he is "sounding pretty good!" Shalom! :flower:

20. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist