1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Once Chummy Christie, Blasts the Prez and Inauguration Address

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jan 24, 2013.

?
  1. Yes, without a doubt...

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No, this is simply politics...

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Under Reagan, the GOP tried to dismantle the DNC...

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. No way, Boehner is merely a "whiner!"

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. If the GOP does become insignificant, it was at their own doing...

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  6. This term should full of fights and name calling politics...

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. Neither party will work together for the good of the people...

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  8. America can not work without honest bipartisanship...

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  9. Bipartisanship will never happen in America...

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  10. We are too divided to see one party completely fold up...

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess the honeymoon between Christie, and the President is now officially over? And those who were touting Christie and Obama's embrace and closeness during the Presidents tour of New Jersy's Hurricaine destruction as the "new wave in politics" has crashed like the Wall Street crash of 1929!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...id10|htmlws-main-bb|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=261429

Is this the end of friendly, working together politics, as we shockingly witnessed and were reminded of just before the elections?

What do you think of the manifesto of "My way or the highway" put out there by Obama? Is he really out there to destroy the GOP, as Boehner believes?

SEE: http://www.nationaljournal.com/whitehouse/is-obama-trying-to-destroy-the-gop-20130121

You tell me. And if he does cause the GOP to crumble and become insignificant, is the fault of the GOP, or the aggressive, "kick 'em while they're down" approach by Obama and his party?

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I believe all in all Christie has been a good governor, but keep in mine he is a liberal at heart. In my life liberals are happy when they are receiving your stuff and unhappy when you are receiving their stuff.
    Keep in mind Christine Todd Whitman was as liberal or more liberal than Christie.
    Also NJ has the strongest union government workers in the country, so teachers and other government workers are the highest paid stat government workers in the country, so NJ has some of the highest taxes in the country. After they have got all they can from NJ they move down here to Fl. where cost of living isn't as high.

#2 Bob Alkire, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2013
  3. JimmyH

JimmyH New Member

NJ is a right to work state. I was a union ironworker in NJ and while unions were stronger in NJ then in FL, another right to work state where I also worked, they are never as strong as they are in non 'right to work' states like NY.

The liberals and the conservatives each have heartfelt beliefs that are diametrically opposed. No need to point out what the main issues are. We know them. I don't see them ever coming together on these things.

As Churchill said ,"If you're not a liberal when you are young you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative when you are old you have no brains."

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Therefore, to maintain liberty, the party of Democrats must be destroyed.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hear hear....down with the liberals

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here we go again.... Which question do you want people to answer?

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It Was the ShotGun Approach...

....Answer anyone you want, or let it go unanswered if you want. Maybe I'll email you next time to write for me the Perfect Poll? :laugh: