1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured One Must Hold to the Physical bodily resurrection to be saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So those holding to just a spirtual on eneed to change thir mind, correct?

2. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is such a range of opinions until I do not care what some in the Church members think because they listen to some lying idiot that is following Satan and isn't even aware that he is. I absolutely hold to the fact that Jesus physically rose from that Tomb, illustrating the Resurrection of the Believer and though some disbelieve it, a thousand years later, the Disbeliever from Hell, the grave!

As for being saved, I am and I was an atheist that was converted to Deism in Vietnam and to Christianity in 1990. I knew nothing of ant Resurrection, the Holy Spirit overcame me and i was save in spite of myself. If you are indwelt with or by the Holy Spirit, that means you have surrendered your selfish will to the Perfect Will. If you have done that, then you have, as the Pentecostals say, been Baptized in The Spirit and God has begun a Good Work in you.

If God has begun a Good Work in you He will not fail to complete it in you and what somebody else thinks of your Spiritual Condition has not a single thing to do with your Salvation. The only person that can be, absolutely, certain of your Salvic Condition is you, save God. You either talk to God throughout the day every day or you do not and your Best Friend or your Wife cannot know that for certain about your circumstances with God, only you know that.

As far as you must believe in the Bodily Resurrection to be saved, no! Debate me about the issue and I will do my best to convince you that it is fact but that does not mean you are not saved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible states that we must hol to that!

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So does that include 4 and 5 years old?

5. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These are held by the faith as not having reached the Age of Responsibility for their sins making them saved though not saved. They go to Heaven.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point I am making is that may parents claim their children get saved in the 4-5 year range -
    Ok - lets assume they do - but do they have a realization of a physical bodily resurrection?

7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is both an essential and inevitable doctrine of salvation.

What is absolutely required is "you must be born again".

IMO, regenerated individuals may perhaps (because of some element of ignorance) not comprehend death and resurrection.

But that comprehension and understanding is the mission of the Holy Spirit in perfecting us in knowledge and good works after our rebirth.

John the Baptist was "filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb". Odd for a "fetus" or new born baby.

HankD

8. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, my mind didn't go there nut then at 72 my mind doesn't always go where it should either.

I lean heavily toward them receiving the Heavenly Body at the same time the Saints do because the nature of God is not capricious.

9. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm getting thick of the heaqd and answered what you did not ask, sorry. I do not believe they have that concept planted in their minds at that age, making Salvation unlikely. But neither would I want possibly err by refusing to Baptize.

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do the same thing sometimes as well -
    Must be a CAV thing:rolleyes:

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot preach the gospel without bringing into it sin, wrath, heaven, hell, repentance, the cross, sufferings of Christ, and the resurrection. These are required to be sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Awwww, come on, there were and there are not thick heads in the Cav.,.. are there?

13. OnlyaSinner

OnlyaSinner Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that God can bring a very young person to a saving knowledge of Christ, and that such a one may not fully comprehend those concepts, or even have heard them as the Holy Spirit won their souls. However, it is difficult for me to believe that a doctrinally knowledgeable believer would fail to accept Christ's resurrection. I'm not smart enough to claim that it would be impossible, but the cognitive dissonance (and rejection of scriptures) of such a non-acceptance is immense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation is a result of yielding to the Truth presented to the sinner by the Holy Ghost. Christ taught He would, when He came (the Comforter), convict of sin, righteousness, and judgment.

Not that He would present an entrance exam.

If we hold to a view that doctrinal flawlessness is a requirement for salvation then I am afraid that all of us would flunk out, because no-one is flawless in doctrine even after years of walking with Christ, much less on the day of their salvation. Salvation is not something merited through knowledge f the individual, it is a gift of God bestowed upon those who recognize the Truth and turn to Christ in faith.

So I would answer the question with...no. I will say, though, that if one is obedient to God's command to learn of Him and not to be babes in the Knowledge of God, they will one day understand that Scripture teaches a literal bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.

God bless.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We need to hold to Jesus was /is God incarnate, who did in our place, and rose from the dead, as perPaul, so if we deny tphysical resurrection, is that not another gospel?

16. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You change the scope of the OP with this: there is a difference between denying the Resurrection of Christ and properly understanding at the point of salvation. The Gospel is a simple teaching in regards to the basic truths it conveys, and I have no doubts that even young children can grasp the fact that Christ died in their place for their sin. It is highly unlikely that many are truly aware of the particulars of Salvation in Christ when they are saved. Perhaps those who sit in a fellowship for a period of time under sound preaching before they yield to God, but most would likely be found to be shaky in regards to a more perfect understanding. It amazes me, really, that there is an expectation of the new convert, the babe in Christ, to be in conformity with the demands of the particular group they are associated with, when it is evident that even people who have been sitting in a fellowship for many years are very ignorant of the Gospel as well.

As far as it being another gospel, I would say yes, because the literal bodily Resurrection of Christ is simply a Bible Basic of the Gospel of Christ. But, we must allow for confusion and misunderstanding among babes, regardless of the time they have been "saved." We continue, even at the risk of insulting one's pride, to convey the Truth as best as we can and in the sphere of opportunity we are given by God But, lest we anger God with a haughty and disdainful attitude, when He has bestowed upon us the greatest gift of compassion man can imagine. I think all of us can look back and identify primary issues of Theology that at one point we were in error about, and if we can excuse ourselves, and continue to seek to know God better, then we should obey the demand of God to bestow that compassion to those who are also in error about something.

God bless.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You cannot understand salvation without knowing and understanding the resurrection, the cross, sin, God's wrath, repentance and eternity. Those things are all components to the salvation that we hold dear.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. th1bill

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why we are admonished to "work out our salvation," I was ignorant of any part of the Gospel when God put His call on my life but now I am better.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One cannot be ignorant of any part of the gospel and be saved.

20. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation is not a theological test. It is a regeneration of a sin sick heart.

Once God quickens the dead sinner and he becomes a living saint, then the Holy Spirit will guide him into all truth.

The genuinely saved person may not understand all the theological points of soteriology but as he grows in grace he will come to accept the Truth and will not deny those fundamental truths.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.