1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured One Must Hold to the Physical bodily resurrection to be saved?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Jan 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saved by Grave alone, thru faith alone, but real salvations would also hold to this truth!

2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that one needs to JUSt receive Jesus thru faith alone to get saved, but am thinking more like one who is an adult, claims salvation, and yet rejects the physical resurrection of Christ, can that really be a saved person?

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with this, as the intial point of salvation is faith in Jesus to save you, but still need to maintain the resurrection, for if we deny God raised him from the dead....

4. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you TC because I was about to tell him he needs study because when God broke me, after 23 years a better than two months after He called me, I was as dumb about the Christian Faith as a three year old's little red firetruck. And all I was good for was to be pushed around.

5. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I am sure that you have noticed there is quite a bit of disagreement on some pretty vital issues on the forums, right? lol

Just because a person is in error that doesn't preclude salvation. Look at Peter, walked with Lord Himself for about three years yet bungled pretty bad in regards to his outlook on both Gentiles as well as the relationship of the born again believer to the Covenant of Law. Paul called him a hypocrite. Plus, I think that some people decide to reject certain things simply because they do not like the messenger.

There is the possibility that they are saved, but that doesn't mean they aren't limited in intelligence or limited in self control, and able to separate their emotions from study itself. We also look at indoctrination. Many that grow up under poor and even false teachings can assume that what they have been taught is correct, and this because they have placed trust in those who have authority over them (Mom, Dad, Pastor, SS teacher, etc.). That is where you come in, my friend. You, because you have studied, and can take them to the Word of God, are the one God is likely to use to help people like that understand the truth.

Thankfully, most do not deny the physical Resurrection of Christ, and this because it is clearly spelled out in Scripture. One of my favorite passages is...

Luke 24:36-40

King James Version (KJV)

36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

The disciples had no question that Christ died, and was buried. What they had to come to embrace was that He, like He had told them He would, had arisen from the grave.

Their unbelief is seen in Mark 16:9-14, but here we can see that when they saw Him, they believed they were seeing a spirit, a ghost. His answer? "Fear not, I am not a ghost, and by the way, have ye anything to eat?" lol

God bless.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was also guilty of that. Some might argue...still am, lol.

God bless.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To answer the thread title question: Yes.

1 Cor. 15:13-17
    13 If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised.
    14 And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.
    15 More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised.
    16 For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.
    17 And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I view this as dealing more with a denial of the Resurrection (though somewhat in roundabout fashion), which separates the question of the OP into two viable perspectives, the first being "Must one completely understand Christ literally resurrected bodily to be saved (which I would answer no)," and "Can one be saved if they deny that He literally resurrected bodily (which would suggest an embrace of cult doctrine and bring about speculation as to the genuine nature of salvation for that person, but would not, in my view, demand preclusion of salvation)."

Paul deals with the view held by some that there is no resurrection of the dead, which he counters with, "If there is no resurrection of the dead...then Christ is not resurrected!" That is the syllogistic conclusion that one would have to arrive at in denying the resurrection of the dead.

God bless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ain question, can we holdto there bein no physical resurrection of esus an be saved, as paul stted was required in Romans 10!

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would need to be more specific as to what exactly you are referring to in Romans 10.

God bless.

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Confess with yor mouth Jesus as Lord, ad believe in heart God raised him up, both are theologcal points!

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, we go back to the understanding of the individual when they are saved. There are numerous ways one might understand "God raising up Christ."

Again, once one is saved and is obedient to study, they will, if they don't already, come to understand what it means. The question in view is do they have to have a solid Theological grasp at the moment of salvation. If we say they do, then we essentially negate the fact that one is not saved by what they do, and introduce a requirement for salvation.

I don't see it like that. There is a reason why new converts are called babes. Babes have no understanding. A babe can understand fear, pain, want, just as a new convert can understand fear of their eternal destiny. It is my opinion that the fear of Hell is a strong motivator for one yielding to God. And that is what the Comforter brings conviction concerning: one understands they are unrighteous and a sinner, that Christ is righteous, and they understand they are separated from Him and their destiny is to remain that way. And they are told that they must believe on Him.

Not a hard choice, really. It's not complicated.

So yes, these Theological points must be accepted, but it is not, in my view, an intellectual effort on the part of the sinner, it is a result of the efforts of God in their hearts.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One certainly has to believe in the physical bodily resurrection of Christ to be saved. There are many verses that attest to this. Otherwise we are still in our sins.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    QWe also must hold to the physical resurrection of the saved in Christ inorder to be seen as being within proper Christianity!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was thinking more of the person that claims am nowa Christian, and yet deny the Second Coming, or states already has happened, or states just a spiritual resurrection for saints!

16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean 'Preterists are going to hell', right? Why not come out and say it instead of all this beating around the bush.

(FYI, Preterists do not deny the second coming)

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Full pretierism holds that it already has happened, correct?
    as long as they hold to the real Gospel are saved, but really in some areas hold to heresy!

18. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep asking the same stupid questions over and over and over....

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe sue to not getting a clear answer?

20. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please give me a verse that states this. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.