1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Only Believing Jews are God's People

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by OldRegular, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Christ is God and King over all, including "this world". The earth is His and everything thereof.
    But Satan does rule the "system" of this world, which is the wickedness that prevails among human beings. But no one, including Satan has authority over Christ, even on this earth. Nothing happens apart from the sovereignty of God.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

A statement of truth. It does not mean that He is ruling as king of this earth. God has always been omnipotent. Are you going to deny that. But he has not always ruled over this earth. This earth is not set up as a theocracy is it?
    We both know that both Jews and Christians are minority groups the world over.
    Only in MK will the Jews once again be fully recognized under Christ:

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Revelation 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And in the sovereignty of God, God has allowed Satan to be the god of this world.
    That is what Scripture says.

Look at the latitude that God gave to Satan when he allowed him to test Job.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I simply cannot understand why you continue to attribute statements to me that I have not made. Frankly that is dishonest.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What have I said that is dishonest?
    Here is your statement in response to me:

6. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    OldRegular,

I believe your original post is accurate, however, the Topic Title is misleading. Indeed, only Jews who have come to faith in Jesus Christ are God's people - but they are God's people along with all the Gentiles who believe in Jesus Christ.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Indeed, those with faith in Jesus Christ are "spiritual Israel". Moreover, the Bible makes clear that the Nation of Israel are "spiritual Ishmael".

The Nation of Israel are the rightful heirs by the flesh... but both the Old Testament and New Testament say that their birthright had to be removed (Gal 4:21-31) because we (all men of earth) are all dead in our sin, and therefore no heir is found according to the flesh.

A reading of Genesis 15-17 and Galatians 1-4 will illuminate this.

In fact, the apostle Paul, writing in Galatians 1-4 uses the text of Genesis 15-17 to prove that God's people are now those who believe in Christ by faith, and are NO LONGER those born of Jewish decent.

For example, in Galatians 3:16, Paul uses the very text itself of Genesis 15:5 - as any good legal scholar would - capitalizing even on the grammar of the text itself - to prove his legal position that salvation is by faith to all... and that there is no Jew or Greek.

Gal 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gen 15:5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

GUP20

Very interesting and insightful analysis! The only statement I have a problem with is the following: Moreover, the Bible makes clear that the Nation of Israel are "spiritual Ishmael".

8. Gup20

Gup20 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course that is often a hard pill to swallow. But as I said, this is Biblical, so let's look at the word. If you look at Genesis 17, Abraham asks God if Ishmael could stand as an heir. God says no, but blesses Ishmael and prophesys that Ishmael will become a great nation (singular) with 12 princes. This stands in contrast to Abraham (through Isaac) being called the "father of many nations".

Galatians 3 & 4 heavily references Genesis 15-17. In fact it is the primary scripture Paul uses in Galations to prove to them his doctrine from scripture. Galations 4:24-31 also demonstrate (Paul uses the argument himself) that the Jewish covenant (the law) corresponds directly to Hagar and Ishmael. Both being the heirs according to the flesh, whereas Sarah, Isaac, and Jesus Christ are heirs by promise. Paul asks those who desire to be under the law if they have read the law - referring to when God tells Abraham to cast out the bondwoman and her son (Hagar & Ishmeal) because they would not be heirs with Christ, and the children of promise.