1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Only in California! One bill to.discouarage smoking, the other to legalize POT?!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 13, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...nias-proposed-tobacco-tax-hike-reduce-smoking

Prop. 56 is asking voters to approve another cigarette tax which is meant to discourage smokers from purchasing cigareets. Now normally that may be viewed as a good move but only in the state on the far "left coadt" would you have a prop to discourage smoking, while you have another proposition aimed at legaluzing marijuana.

Is this not just one more sign of a society that has its priorities in the wrong place, all in the name of making sin acceptable? Does anyone else see the social irony in this????

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's yet another sign that California has left reality. You can add the fact that a tax on a single product, cigarettes, is being put to a majority citizen vote on the heaping pile of evidence that Californians have lost their minds.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    California is run by idiots. Specifically leftist idiots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DMorgan

DMorgan Member

California is the epitome of the progressive agenda run amok. And after 8 November, we will all be getting plenty of that as well.

20 He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming quickly.”

Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus!

21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. NKJV

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since I've lived here for sixty years, I can honestly say that I am witness to the Hollywood creep. The left in Burbank has slowly placed their sinful views and lifestyle upon all of us, and now we are all party to Sodom West.

I actually believe, that besides this being the Bank of Balack, it is also the lab for their liberal experiments. If it is accepted in Cali, it will eventually be spread across the plains and made a way of life throughout this once grat land.

If you want to know what the future holds for your little part of the world, keep your eye on us lab rats in Cali. If it works here, it will work everywhere!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks to all of you who stay safely east of North Platte, Nebraska. We get you castoffs (Pelosi from Baltimore, MD, Boxer from NYC, et al.) and vanishingly few missionary minded folk. What do you expect?