1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Osteen on Piers Morgan

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by freeatlast, Jan 25, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Every time I listen to this man I want to just cry. I certainly wonder what the Lord thinks, but I know for me I find a great deal of frustration. In this interview Joel is all over the place although he does us the word sin. A shocking word for Joel! I guess I mostly wish that he would just remain silent, yet if he convinces just one to surrender then I praise the Lord for that one.
    http://blogs.chron.com/believeitornot/2011/01/osteen_on_piers_morgan_homosex.html

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He knows the truth and he can't argue with it but he knows that it's not "the best" and so he downplays it and softens it. It's sad.

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Sort of like Baalim I guess. :BangHead:

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Why watch a TV show that makes you cry every time?

5. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You guys are welcome to Piers Moron; one of our rare exports to you. Sorry 'bout that.

6. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You know what's so interesting about this is that 1) Pastor Osteen came down with an answer on this position and 2) it actually tells me more about Piers Morgan than anything else.

He's supposed to be taking over for Larry King. Well he's not doing a good job. Notice how quickly he took a position? His questioning of the Osteens wasn't a journalist trying to press an interview to develop the thoughts. Rather Piers just went right after them from his position.

How sad that this is the state of modern journalism. CNN has really lost the market with stuff like this guy and Joy Behar spouting their stuff. Glad I don't watch 24 news networks.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

"It's a hard issue and I don't fully understand it".

What's so hard about it? God says it's sin so it's sin. What's not to understand??

Joel Osteen......blech!!!!!!

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

We've certainly turned a corner in this country.

The response to Osteen has been profoundly negative in the US. Looks like the hom0 community's public relations effort is paying off. Folks are beginning to make this into another 'civil rights' issue.

Offer the opinion that hom0s uality is wrong? You're just a Bull Connor Bigot. (actually...that's God's truth, not opinion..but you know what I mean)
    Sad...how far we have fallen...