1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pat Robinson and Hati

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Jan 14, 2010.

?
  1. Pat Robinson is absolutely right

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  2. Pat may have a point

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Pat is on shaky ground

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Pat is totally wrong

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Pat is a nut case

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  6. Other answer

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

D'oh! That was a typo - I meant Matt 25

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

For lack of better word, but that is how it comes off. A tragedy happens (including in this country), and someone rises up and takes it as validation of the nation's sin, as if compared to their own faithfulness, or whatever. (Else, they wouldn't be so quick to usher in judgment on someone else).

3. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

The scriptures say it is God that brings about calamity. So it is unquestionably something that He did. Since we know God does judge nations in such ways (God is the same today, yesterday, and forever), it is at least possible that this was judgment.

However, it seems to me this was an act of mercy on God's part. Before this earthquake, thousands of people, many of them children, were dying in Haiti from starvation, infection, and diseases which have been long since cured. This event has caused resources, as well as missionaries bringing the gospel, to FLOOD the country.

I submit that less people will die, by far, because of the earthquake, than would have died if it did not happen.

4. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

No problem, the thread is pretty convoluted, and you had me scratching my head.

That is right, and I don't think anyone can criticize us for not try to help, even if only by giving $$