1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Paul's Gospel vs. Peter's Gospel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Feb 24, 2015.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

How can there be any preaching and/or witnessing if the church is raptured/snatched away prior to the tribulation?

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The 144000 jewish evangelists will spring into action Con1 they will recognize that the church was right...but they will be put to death for their testimony, guillotined:thumbs: did you forget? contracters have been building them in france,and florida since the late 1980's.....or....maybe not:thumbs:

3. beameup

beameup Member

Here is an example of what the Apostle Peter shared:

Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come (ie: Millennium)
    from the presence of the Lord; And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: Whom the heaven must receive
    until the times of restitution of all things
    (ie: Millennium), which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets
    since the world began.
    Acts 3:19-21

This Gospel of the Kingdom (ie: Millennium) shall be preached, once again, during the Tribulation.
    The Body of Christ will be in "heavenly places" during this time of "Jacob's Trouble".

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

You still didn't answer my question...

How can anyone preach during the tribulation when the church and Holy Spirit are removed from the earth?

How can anyone preach w/o the Spirit?

5. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Precisely. And consequently there was indeed a difference in the [overall tone] between the two messages. The Jewish economy was well nigh to it's prophesied violent end and the gospel to them was usually accompanied with dire warnings of impending wrath. Christ, also, was Prophet only to the circumcision:

....I was not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mt 15:24

He gave His apostles (less Paul) the same instructions to which they evidently followed until Acts 10:

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and charged them, saying, Go not into any way of the Gentiles, and enter not into any city of the Samaritans:
    6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Mt 10

Examples of dire warnings to the circumcision:

....Save yourselves from this crooked generation. Acts 2:40

And it shall be, that every soul that shall not hearken to that prophet, shall be utterly destroyed from among the people. Acts 3:23

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all in like manner perish.
    5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. Lu 13

This difference in 'overall tone' even carries over between the Pauline epistles and the epistles intended for Jewish audiences.

#25 kyredneck, Feb 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2015
  6. beameup

beameup Member

Real simple, the Holy Spirit will "be upon" believers, just like in the O.T.
    However, as far as being "sealed" with the Holy Spirit, that would be the Body of Christ (which will have been removed).
    So, with the exception of "sealing", believers during the Tribulation will have the powers of the Holy Spirit shown in
    Acts: instant knowledge of languages ("tongues"), supernatural healing, supernatural transportation (see Philip).

I see the majority of "sealed" believers producing no "fruit" during this age of Grace (Body of Christ), so "sealing" is therefore,
    in this case, is just a "guarantee of redemption" (salvation).

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...what a prophet you are b! What a prophet you are.

8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There is only one Gospel, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Any other gospel is a false gospel and heretical. God through the Apostle Paul tells us:

Romans 1:16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

God through the Apostle Paul also tells us:

Galatians 1:6-8
    6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
    7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
    8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

God is not gentle with those who preach a false Gospel.

God through the Gospel according to Mark tells us:

Mark 1:1. The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

The Gospel of Jesus Christ was preached from the beginning of His ministry as Mark tells us. And what Gospel did Jesus Christ preach:

Mark 1:14, 15
    14. Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
    15. And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

To distinguish between the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Gospel of the Kingdom of God is nothing but a lie and blasphemy! You make a big deal out of what you blasphemously call the Paul's Gospel Beameup but Scripture clearly shows what Paul's Gospel is. I have already presented Romans 1:16 now look at Acts 28:30, 31 written after Romans 1:16!

Acts 28;30, 31
    30. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,
    31. Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Pre-trib-dispensationalism is serious error, in my opinion, but hyper-dispensationalism is serious error in their opinion!

9. OldRegular

Them that know say a guillotine beats a dull knife anytime. It is quick. Now if they would just grease the slide good so you could not hear it falling. Well it falls fast so they say.

10. OldRegular

Good point. How could anyone read Isaiah 53 and not understand that Jesus Christ died for sin. Israel had the sacrificial system, the shedding of blood, which looked forward to that perfect Sacrifice Jesus Christ.

The Book of Hebrews was supposedly written to Hebrew Christians. That book clearly teaches that without the shedding of blood is no remission of sins. Chapters 7-9 show that the shed blood of Jesus Christ was necessary for the remission of sin!

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We do NOT state that He is totally removed form the earth, as he is everywhere, its that "God thing", but that He has removed from here the Body of christ, so that he no longer restarins the evil men desire and want to do , so he is still here to bring sinners to jesus and to saved and indwel them just as he is doing now, but no longer putting the brake son what satan and wicked people want and desire to do!

12. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

So, reverting back to a sacrificial system that God stated in Malachi His people used polluted animals to corrupt His altar. It wasn't sufficient then, but will be sufficient during the tribulation?

Also, why do so many use these(!!!) when they post?

13. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

--Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the Lord is contemptible. And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the Lord of hosts. And now, I pray you, beseech God that he will be gracious unto us: this hath been by your means: will he regard your persons? saith the Lord of hosts. Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the Lord of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand. For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye have profaned it, in that ye say, The table of the Lord is polluted; and the fruit thereof, even his meat, is contemptible. Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the Lord of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the Lord. But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the Lord of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.(Mal. 1:7-14 YLT)

They corrupted the sacrificial then, they'd pollute it during the tribulation, too, imo...

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is isreal BEFORE they come to accept Jesus as mesiah though, before his second coming, and just might be a way for Antichrist to make peace in land, as he brokers the jews to reinstate temple worship and sacrifice!

15. beameup

beameup Member

Peter ("the twelve") continued to honor the Temple services, and Paul went up to Jerusalem to "offer a sacrifice".
    Children were still circumcised and sacrifices were still offered for newborns. I think the only "problem" was with Yom Kippur.
    So, when Israel sets-up the Temple it is only reasonable for them to begin the daily rituals.
    The "problem" will arise mid-tribulation when the False Christ offers himself as an object of worship in the Holy of Holies.
    Then "all hell breaks loose".

16. OldRegular

Will Israel have to write an Environmental Impact Statement before they build that temple?

Seriously the pre-trib-dispensational claim that the temple sacrifices will be reinstituted is blasphemous, on par with the Roman Catholic mass. Why do they think Jesus Christ died? Why do they think the temple curtain was rent asunder? Why do they think the temple was destroyed? They have a pathetic view of the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ!

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, that temple will be for sacrifices being done by Jews who still see themselves as being under the old Covenant, as they have not yet receoved jesus as Messiah, as that waits for His second coming...

Christians have NO more need to do that, but the 'religious" jews of the time will still see their need to do that...

18. beameup

beameup Member

I think there needs to be a study on the yet-future temple presented in Ezekiel's book.
    Especially noteworthy would would be those features left out and those added, as compared to Moses' temple.
    BTW, Jesus was dedicated in the Temple, He called it his father's house, Peter worshipped in the Temple,
    and Paul offered a sacrifice in the temple. God did not allow the destruction of the Second Temple until 70AD.

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped;
    so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    2 Thes 2:4

#38 beameup, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
  19. OldRegular

Well according to some the sacrifices are to continue for 1000 years!

20. OldRegular

Who destroyed the Temple Jesus Christ or Rome?