1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pediatrician Won't Treat Baby with Lesbian Parents

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Added thought: Did not Christ say "Suffer the little children to come unto me"? Yes, different context, but I think that the same sentiment about innocence exists.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christianity has a long tradition of rescuing infants. Romans would abandon their unwanted babies to the elements and the early Christians would rescue them and raise them. Christians are supposed to be pro-life. I don't see how refusing to examine a 6 day old baby is adhering to any convictions.

3. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

How exactly was the child punished? The child saw another pediatrician in the same appointment time as was originally scheduled. The child was not sick. The child was there for a basic post birth checkup.

The problem here is the conversation is going away from asking should this have happened into typical BB stupidity. If you read all about the doctor she sounds like a wackadoo anyway. She was chosen because she uses unconventional treatment methods.

Perhaps God was protecting this infant from an idiot? She wouldn't treat my child.

4. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a thought to throw out there. We have only heard one side of the story. We have not heard the Doctors side of the story.
    Given the that Gay Agenda likes to make mountains out of molehills I think there is a lot more to the Doctors side of the story then we will ever know.

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Scenerio...you are a doctor. A couple comes into your office with a baby and is continually offensive. They cuss you out, they are rude to all the patients, they wear little clothing and show body parts that shouldn't be shown.

Will you allow them there and continue to see their baby?

6. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it really surprising though? Nobody wins here. The parents got ostracized by some judgmental quack who decided to treat the medical profession like a menu and the Dr. herself didn't do any favors for Christ except maybe solidify the lesbian couples perception that Christians are self important hypocrites. Yay.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: This scenario is pretty much every single work night for my wife in the labor and delivery ward.

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of this was in the original story I posted. But, I would tell the couple that if they wanted me to continue to see their baby they are going to have to quit cussing and being rude to others. As to the skimpy clothes, I don't think seeing some flesh fazes a doctor.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    El Oh El!

When you two had your baby, did you pick out your maternity nurses? Being in the know, I wonder how your wife rated the entire process?

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both of my children were born in the labor and delivery ward of the hospitals in which she worked. She never really picked a nurse, just went with whoever was on the floor at the time. She was friends with all of them anyway. She was a working patient to say the least. Reading all of her vitals and what not. :laugh: It was like a party both times. Constant stream of coworkers and friends of hers coming in to check on her. She was treated like royalty. Pretty cool experience. She was more concerned with trying not to be the type of patient they all usually complain about.

11. matt wade

What?! You'd stop seeing the baby if they didn't stop their sinning? What fault of the baby is that? How dare you!

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    <Sigh> I hope you liked that softball I lobbed you.

Yes, I would demand respect from my patients or I wouldn't be their doctor. I don't think cussing per se is sinning (depends on what is being said), nor is being rude to people. Regarding the gay parents of a patient, as the doctor I'm not interacting with these people's sexuality, but if they are going to cuss and disrespect me and others, that is a direct interaction. I hope you can see the difference.

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think there is probably a difference between sinning and becoming disruptive to the operation of the doctor's office. If the lesbian couple walked in and was cooperative and was simply seeking the care of their child then they should probably get serviced. They probably didn't walk into a place of business and expect to get insulted. They didn't go in there asking for the doctor to perform their wedding or anything.

14. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Explain why refusing to aid the child based on the sin of the parents is justifiable... or even Christan.

15. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

Explain what "aid" was needed as the child was not sick. Second, explain how this needed "aid" was refused? They found out the doctor did not want to work with them when the OTHER DOCTOR came and told them, then saw the child. Again, when exactly was this child punished?

16. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/02/18/doctor-discrimination-baby/23642091/

17. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Will this doctor also not care for children born out of wedlock? How about unsaved families? In this case, the doctor was 100% wrong. Period. She is not showing any support by caring for this child. She is not condoning anything any more than caring for a child might support the spousal abuse that might be happening in some homes.

19. matt wade

Inquiring minds would like to know, would you folks have the government dictate to this doctor who they must treat?

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably not. The point was made that this was not a Christ-like action to take.