1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PETA Suggests Breastmilk for Ben & Jerry's

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This story fits into the category of "news of the weird" for me. I don't know how on earth I managed to miss this news when it happened over a month ago, but apparently People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) wrote a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield to urge them to use breast milk in its ice cream instead of cow's milk. PETA Executive Vice President Tracy Reiman suggested that Ben & Jerry's follow the same path that a Switzerland restaurant took which has started adding food made with breast milk to its menu.

More Here

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I think there was a thread on this already and it seemed to bring out some raunchy comments. I hope there are none.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? .............

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yes, I think so. I could be wrong but it would be strange to think I've seen this here before.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was more concerned about the comments. Things get heated at times but raunchy I would never expect.

6. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yes, there was a thread on this a while back. And, while I wouldn't consider the comments necessarily raunchy you can imagine what a topic like this might generate. Personally, I don't eat Ben and Jerry's ice cream. It's too expensive nor do I want to suppor their liberal agenda. And, I know for sure that I wouldn't eat it if it had human breast milk (that's just gross) even if all the profits went to support global missions.