1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Phil Robertson on ISIL: ‘Convert them or kill them

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Sep 3, 2014.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it was not a news program--it was a commentary program--Hannity.

I agree with you that it goes against the theology of the Fatherhood of God, the Brotherhood of Man, and the Neighborhood of Martha's Vineyard.

2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your making racist statements cause he's white.......right Mr Sharpton? Phil for President!

#22 Jedi Knight, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
  3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Who cares what Phil Robertson says about them? They are on the way to hell. Let's deal with THAT.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Still not making the point you think you are. :laugh: It's a sad display, but you keep right at it.

What Phil says matters because he's created a stumbling block for folks ministering to Muslims and attempting to point them to Christ. SO his comments kinda interfere with folks trying to do something about them being on the way to hell.

5. matt wade

Why are you busy arguing with me over these stupid details when there are people on their way to hell ALL AROUND YOU! Start dealing with THAT!

6. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This reminds me of that serviceman who thought that it would be cute to show a video of him shooting the Quran. It was a mindless gesture that did nothing but prove to be self defeating. I was reminded of this incident more often than you might think when I interacted with the local populace in Iraq. That seemingly harmless video did some real damage that others had to deal with. I'm not sure if Robertson's comments are comparable in terms of offensiveness but the enemy doesn't need any more bulletin board material to use as a recruiting tool.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Gosh, you think I'm arguing with you? I'm just using everyday examples to show how we have lost our way and lost sight of what we have been commissioned of God to do. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. If the blaring truth of how we have gotten away from what God has commissioned us to do doesn't come through, it's because you're looking for an argument and not listening tot he truth.

As to the other part, busy doing it. But I need the assistance of the Body.:smilewinkgrin: You see we can get this thing done if everybody does his part. If we start concerning ourselves with lost souls instead of lost elections, God might just show up and save some people.

8. matt wade

You are still wasting time on me that would be better spent winning souls. Please stop wasting the precious time given to you.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? There's no such thing as wasting time bringing the wayward back onto the path. If we can get the entire Body of Christ back to its first love and to loving people and wanting to see those people come to faith in Christ because of their love for Christ...

WOW! Jesus would light this world on fire with His Glory!!!

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And he cried out with a mighty voice, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great! She has become a dwelling place of demons and a prison of every unclean spirit, and a prison of every unclean and hateful bird. For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the passion of her immorality, and the kings of the earth have committed acts of immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality.” I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not participate in her sins and receive of her plagues; for her sins have piled up as high as heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. Pay her back even as she has paid, and give back to her double according to her deeds; in the cup which she has mixed, mix twice as much for her.

Revelation 18:2-6.

11. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I was horrified with the exact quote - until I heard it in context and I agree with him. I don't see us ever making friends with them. They want us dead. So it's either somehow, by the grace of God see them converted where they become new creations or stop them the only way we can stop them. Really, I don't think that this will be a situation of "Well, let's negotiate and we'll all be fine." These are barbaric animals we are dealing with here and I just don't see too many options here. I HATE the thought of killing them - but how do we deal with them otherwise?

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Convert or die. We just need some armor, white horses, and a scop with a harp to tell this modern tale of the new dark ages.

13. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly,I guess some can carry some flowers to them and hand out a gospel tract and find out for themselves.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Some people do come out of cultish belief systems without converting to Christianity. Yes, conversion would be great, but if the goal is to get someone out of a militant religious mindset, conversion to Christianity is not the only thing that can work. (there are even militant Christians...) Quite often, when one comes out of a cult, they are very doubtful of ANY truth in any religion.

15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.
    12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself.
    13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.
    15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

King of kings and lord of lords.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A mixing of Christianity and politics is unavoidable today as you allude to in your last sentence. I am a also a voter.

Not only that but in my case:

"Render unto Caesar"
    Also, in my day one was required (render unto Caesar) to enter the military or be drafted unless one was 4F, a social misfit or go to jail for evasion of the draft.

My thought then is that being a veteran makes me one of those authorities who "beareth the sword" having been trained in the arts and sciences of warfare (although I'm now too old to be recalled) and the protection of my country from enemies within/without.

HankD