1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Please define 'easy believism", as isn't it faith alone in Christ that does save?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Oct 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Why do you post things that are not true. Have you researched this out? I can prove you wrong very easily. You know not where of you speak.
    Are you sure about that?
    No, it adds to the gospel making salvation a works-based salvation.
    Why do you rant against easy believism. I don't know of anyone here who believes it. Or is your false accusation that everyone who believes differently than you believes in easy believism. That is despicable.
    What that means to me, apparently does not mean the same to you. Demonstrate your belief. Sell all that you have; give it to the poor, and go and follow Jesus. If you don't, you are a hypocrite and don't believe in what you call LS.
    If you are truly a disciple you will sell all that you have, give to the poor and follow Christ. Have you done that yet? When is it going to happen?
    Is there anyone here that you can point to that hasn't done that?

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

What do you mean by assurance?

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Like the bible teaches one must receive Jesus as Lord not Savior to be saved. Those who do not want him as Lord do not get saved.

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

The certain "knowing" that one is saved by God...

Would you point to the Cross, and the Grace of God to save and keep you, or to just how obedient your are to doing/obeying commands of God?

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The bible never say to point to the cross to know if we are saved. In fact if that is what a person does they are deceived. The bible says how to know and I hold to the bible as being accurate.
    And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your Bible teaches that Martians once inhabited the earth.
    The Bible says; The Bible says. It says many things. The trouble is, if you can't quote what the Bible says, who is going to believe you????

7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

It does not say confess Him as savior. if a person does not take Him as Lord they do not get a Savior.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

True enough. That is one verse.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: (John 1:12)
    --No Lord mentioned.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
    --No Lord mentioned.

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. (John 3:36)
    --No Lord mentioned.

This is the most important passage of all:
    Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
    2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
    And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (1 Corinthians 15:1-4)
    --In this entire passage of four verses the word "Lord" is not mentioned. But it is a passage that defines the gospel quite clearly: "how that Christ did for our sins...and that he was buried, and that he rose again." That is what the Gospel is. There is no mention of Lord here.

Verse 1 says "you have received (it).
    Verse 2 says "By which you are saved." You are saved through this gospel, that Paul just explained here--by receiving it; receiving that Christ died for you, was buried for you, rose again for you, according to the Scriptures.
    There is no mention of Him as Lord in this passage.

Your contention that everywhere he is mentioned as Lord, and nowhere is he mentioned as Savior is easily disproved. We are saved through the gospel message as given above, not through magical words as "Lord." There are many "lords." There is only one gospel.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Now there you go again off base. You need to pick a view and stick with it. If a person does not accept Jesus as Lord they do not get Him as Savior.
    It takes repentance towards God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, not savior Jesus Christ. No Lord, no salvation.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is a philosophy of yours. It is not Scripture. It is not what the Bible necessarily teaches as I just showed you from Scripture.

Your words again:
    "It does not say confess Him as savior. if a person does not take Him as Lord they do not get a Savior. "

But the above statement is not true. There is not one word of confessing Christ as Lord in 1Cor.15:1-4, an explanation of the gospel. The most concise message of salvation is in John 3:16--no mention of Lord. Your statement is just not true.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gentlemen: semantics.

If I accept Jesus as my savior, He is my Lord. If I accept Jesus as my lord, He is my savior.

Y'all are dangerously close to joining the "Bill Clinton Definition of 'is'" club....

12. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

Lets start with the tithe. Not all do this but my experience has shown that the overwhelming majority do, at least the ones I have seen personally. I have seen many tithe teaching works righteousness LS preachers teach the tithe and not do so themselves.

13. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

So I'm the snake oil salesmen just because I don't agree with MacArthur ? Spoken light a true Lordship Salvation enthusiast. You not in complete agreement with me thus you are against me and wrong. That is what your saying.

I'm just going to head this one off at the pass and say we're gonna have to agree to disagree.

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Easy believism is free will. It's the idea that one can make a choice, say a few words and seal his future. However, it's God's choice and His power alone that saves. It is the witness of the Holy Spirit alone that brings assurance thereof, and often, it's the fiery trial in which that witness if most clear.

15. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

That is what is true. No place does scripture teach to accept Him as savior to be saved. If a person reject Him as Lord they do not get saved even if they accept Him as savior. If He is not our Lord He is not our savior. Easy believism teaches that a person can be saved without receiving Jesus as Lord. That is a false teaching. While salvation is by grace through faith the person coming must receive the One giving the salvation for who He is and that is Lord.

#75 freeatlast, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
  16. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Yes. {snip} And it's not because you don't believe MacArthur.

And I'm not against you because you're wrong. I'm against your {snip} Christianity {snip}
    Yes, head this one off at the pass, and don't face the truth.

{snip} in what you've stated and I seriously pray God reveals to you your error {snip}

Funny how today we have a Christianity being preached that costs nothing from the person in their life, their walk, their holiness. It's so simple and sugary sweet, say that little prayer on the back of the tract, and heaven is yours, and then learn a few phrases "All I need is Jesus" then mock those who give up much to follow Christ, and poke some fun at discipleship altogether. I mean, that right there must be what a true Christian would do. Right?

Yeah, you go cut that off at the pass.

#76 preacher4truth, Oct 14, 2011
  17. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If someone teaches the tithe they are legalists plain and simple. However I know of no one who teaches the tithe for salvation. This thread is about easy believes. Easy believism is the teaching that a person can be saved and not receive Jesus as Lord. They teach that no repentance is needed, just believe the facts which is false.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You state opinions that can never be backed up by Scripture.
    Here you have stated a fallacy, which I have told you countless of times is dead wrong. I will come right out and tell you this time stop posting [snip]. Legalism has to do with salvation. No one believes that tithing is part of their salvation. If you wish to post any other opinion of your then back it up with Scripture. If it is your opinion that the moon is made of green cheese then provide your evidence. The same is true with your opinions regarding the Bible.

#78 DHK, Oct 14, 2011
  19. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

All that is your opinion. I believe that any tithe teaching is legalism as it adds to the word of God. The NT spells out very clearly how we are to give and it does nto include the tithe or expect it to be used as an example. To do so is legalism as it is impossible to follow the tithe and obey the NT standard of giving. I have already given the scriptures many times and you are welcome ot research them and see.

#79 freeatlast, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2011
  20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Again, your stated opinion that it adds to the Word of God without any evidence that it does. Where is your evidence. We don't want your opinions. What you state is false unless you can provide Biblical evidence. How can it be so false when many Godly pastors preach it. It is simply your opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.