1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Please explain this.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by SovereignGrace, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh? Whaaaa? Srsly? You're joshing, hopefully. The dead in transgressions and sins(Ephesians 2:1) ppl don't grieve over their sins.

Being born anew, from above, a new heart and new Spirit. Ezekiel 11:19, Ezekiel 36:26, John 3:3, John 3:8, John 1:13, Romans 9:16, John 6:30...just for starters.

No problem whatsoever. Not everyone has faith as 2 Thessalonians 3:2 plainly states it. Not all men have faith. This is in regards to saving faith.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

HAS eternal life. Already possessed. Those who believe already HAS eternal life.

Bzzzzzzz!!!! Wrong!!! Life is what causes belief, not belief causes new life. Tell me, what belief did those jumbled up bones in Ezekiel 37 have, the widow's son in Luke 7, the 12 y/o girl when Jesus said "Talitha cubic", Lazarus in John 11...what faith did these ppl possess?

I have more that went 'poof' as I was trying to edit.

#121 SovereignGrace, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  2. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

So then Aggripa must have believed? Acts 26:28 under conviction he was almost persuaded but according to this he never truly believed, yet the Holy Spirit was drawing and Agrippa was on the verge of believing but he fell short. But you say if drawn they cannot resist yet Agrippa from his own mouth resisted.

3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's the thing, ppl do believe, but not from the heart. I believed in God my whole life, but wasn't saved until I was 36. In reality, all I was doing was acknowledging Him as God.

King Agrippa knew, as Brother TCassidy already posted to you, King Agrippa's history. Belief isn't evidenced by a one time event, but by a life-long process, life-long belief. Those who truly believe, do so all the way up to their death.

#123 SovereignGrace, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.