1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PNew Non-Baptist

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Greg Merrill, May 24, 2017.

1. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since I have just joined this Baptist Christian Forum as a Non-Baptist, and can't respond to a certain thread for this reason, I will thus write my first blog here. The thread had to do with the terrorist attack at the concert in Great Britain, and the message that pop stars are more deadly to our youth than terrorists, because they put out their anti-Christian (pro-gay and other) political views, and their sexually provocative appeal to their young audiences. I thought that message was well written, and totally agree with it.
    As far as joining as a Non-Baptist, I was led to the Lord by my Baptist grandmother, grew in the Lord under Baptist guidance, joined nothing but various kinds of Baptist Churches most of the time, graduated Magnum Cum Laude from a Baptist College, won the speech contest in same and delivered that speech to the student body of 500, was licensed as a Baptist minister, then pastored a Baptist church, and had further churches I would join that were Baptist. I am currently attending a Baptist Church, am still referred to as pastor, and teach every other month in the sanctuary on Tuesdays, and am weekly called upon to receive the offering, praying for it, as well closing the service in prayer half the time. Having said all that... While in the USAF I, and some of my other Baptist buddies, thought it would be nice just to be called a "Christian" rather than a "Baptist." Therefore when I, decades later, was looking for a church, I came upon a non-denominational church my wife and I liked. It was a "Bible Church." Here I was later ordained. I was with this type of church from 1996-2014.
    I pastored such a church from 1998-2014, when I moved out of California to Las Vegas. The church I currently attend claim to be non-denominational, though they support the So. Baptist missionaries yearly. I am not anti-Baptist, but neither do I consider myself a Baptist, but just a "Christian." I have even had the church over to my house for a baptismal service where I baptized an older lady who had asked me previously about what baptism meant and then wanted me to baptize her. Seeing our church facility didn't have a baptistry (storefront building) I invited the church over for this baptism. So that is a little bit of my background. Look forward to reading and writing more on this site. God bless and glory be to Him.

• Like Like x 2
  2. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board, Greg.

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks. This is the third Christian site like this that I have joined. I trust that I will be blessed, will be a blessing, and that God will be glorified in the process. God bless you, sincerely.

5. Greg Merrill

Greg Merrill New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thanks. Good to be aboard.