1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Politician Calls Jackson a 'Pedophile'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Let me see, CTB posts a news topic on the News Forum, and he's part of the problem?

#21 Robert Snow, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
  2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

No, not at all Donna. Witness or no witness doesn't change guilt. That is why I'm glad God searches our heart.

The reason given for settling out of court was that Michael was going on tour and found it necessary for the negative publicity to stop. Now if you somehow know as fact something more that this then I guess you can bring it to question, otherwise we have only his word to go by. To do more without facts would not be in a Christian spirit. Remember, it is he who is without sin that should cast the first stone.

It seems strange to only focus on one portion of a 50 year life. No one is mentioning that fact that he's in the guineas book of record for the number of charities he contributed to. All the money he raised for AIDS and to develop and bring medicine to third world countries. The fact that he helped America tear down it's racial barriers by being one of the first black entertainers widely accepted by other races.

I guess as Christians we are encouraged, or somewhere commanded to only focus on the bad in people and make no mention of their good... I missed that verse but I'm sure it must be there.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not really, many Tuskegee Airmen have died to include some during WWII. Those who paid the ultimate sacrifice during the war were not acknowledged until years after the life they gave in the name of freedom. Clinton finally awarded them the medals they earned and promoted their general to the rank he earned but wasn't allowed to have. So are you saying we should suddenly pause, now, because a Tuskegee Airmen died?

Why didn't we pause for all the others? In fact, this would mean pausing when every vet dies and surely you agree we don't do that.

So no RBell, I respect your thoughts on Jackson's funeral but don't agree. People mourn or celebrate lives they know and most of us didn't know Cummings. Those who knew him will mourn his life but unfortunately he wasn't as known as MJ.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hitler was pretty well known.

5. targus

targus New Member

Something that I have considered is that even though he paid out millions to the parents of little boys who made accusations... he still continued in the questional behavior. This causes me to think that it was some sort of obsessive addictive behavior problem and therefore perhaps not so innocent.

Your words would possibly carry more weight if you were able to model this behavior on this board when it comes to conservatives/Republicans.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't think they believe everyone is devastated, they certainly know there are some who don't care. However, it does appear there are millions who are devastated and mourning.

Funerals are for the family and friends so it would be wrong for me to speak to what reasonable and what's trumped-up. I will say their entitled to hold the service of their choosing as long as it doesn't violate any laws.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The questionable behavior you speak of his having kids over his house. Perhaps the reason he continued is because he had nothing to hide or was doing nothing wrong.

Also, if I remember, he only paid in one cause, the other he was acquitted. I will have to look that up but I believe that is right.

Perhaps you can give examples, I believe there is generally a fact to most of the fingers I point. However, you are right, I should be casting any stones because I know I'm not perfect.

8. targus

targus New Member

To begin with a man possessing reasonable judgement would not invite little boys to spend the night in his bed.

To continue to do so after being accused of improper behavior demonstrates poor judgment.

To continue to do so after paying out millions of dollars to quiet accusations of improper behavior seems like more than simply poor judgement.

To continue to do so after making more millions of dollars payments for silence seems to be an addictive sickness is at the heart of things - whether he thought he was doing wrong or not.

Sarah Palin

Rick Wagoner

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bam!......................

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of anything else, I am glad at least one politician in DC had the nerve to speak the truth about Michael Jackson. I'm tired of hearing about how great he was.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Honestly, I don't see that (bold) in most people. Most people are not in mourning and they are certainly not devastated. For most people this is just something to talk about over the cooler at work. Just another soap opera being played out on CNN and FOX "news" (gossip) channels. People are buying his music because (a) it is the latest fad, (b) they have not heard his music in a long time and his death has reminded them of his songs they use to listen to, and (c) some no doubt think his music will be worth some money one day. As soon as the next "big event" happens the gossip media will drop Michael Jackson like like a hot potatoe. Within ten years Michael Jackson will be a footnote in music history. Hopefully people will also remember that he was a very strange and sick man. He was not an American hero, as I heard one reporter call him this morning, he was a freak. His behavior around children was disturbing at best and criminal at worse. Several of the very detailed accusations against him raised very serious questions about his behavior around children. The fact that a jury declared him innocent means nothing since juries in this country often let the wealthy guilty go free.

12. targus

targus New Member

http://www.wanderlist.com/Black

Here is a list of "Greatest Black Entertainers" according to voting.

Michael Jackson is number thirty.

I know that it is not scientific and that it was taken from 2003 to 2005 but it may indicate that Michael Jackson wasn't so universally held to be the greatest entertainer of all time until his death.

13. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

According to the celebrity-fawning coverage of MJ in the Washington Post, everyone is devastated because everyone was so affected by the marvelous Michael Jackson. The Post practically turned into a Michael Jackson fan magazine after his death!

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You can accuse me of anything you want. Without proof, your accusation means nothing. In this case, there was testimony that amounted to proof.

A 40 year old man sleeps with young boys and puts in an elaborate alarm system so that he's alerted when somebody comes within a certain number of feet of the bedroom. Evidence is supplied supporting this. It seems to me that he was probably guilty, but since he settled out, it was never proven. Neither was his innocence proven. This is what I was trying to say.

Feel free to come down off your high horse anytime.

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

Ain't that the truth!!

Michael Jackson was either monumentally stupid, mentally ill, or had no conscience. I sincerely hope it was the first, or second. I really don't know if the guy was a pedophile or not. But for LeBuick to defend the guy is absolutely laughable.

Of course...his MO here seems to be to automatically, no matter what, take the opposite opinion of certain folks.

Should I start a "charles manson is a bad man" thread, I fully would expect a defense of him, immediately following my post. It's knee-jerk.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Hitler is still celebrated and his death is mourned by the white extremist and those who believe in racial hatred. So what's your point.

17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

None of this makes him a pedophile, just a guy who makes bad decisions. It also makes him a guy not concerned with what others think. Last I know, neither of those were illegal.

I don't remember anyone speaking in tribute to Michael who didn't acknowledge he made bad decisions, I can attest to that. My point is should we stop at that. I mean if we tell the bad shouldn't we also be obligated to tell the good? Out of fairness and in the name of Christian Love, shouldn't we equally tell both?

18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It makes him a creep.

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I didn't say most people, I said millions. Millions are mourning his death to include one town who wants to change their name to Jacksonville. It is no different from Fox covering the tea parties. We can say millions are not happy but does that equal most? Was it covered?

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

This is where you are wrong, Michael was acquitted in the only case that contained testimony because none of the charges were substantiated. The one where he settled out of court never made trial.

So it is the same as what you said, these are accusations that have never been proven in court. You do agree, I can prove any accusation against you our of court, the question is can I convince a jury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.