1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Politics and policing. Why cops will leave this career choice!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Sep 23, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/terence...charged-with-manslaughter-in-police-shooting/

With public pressure mounting, the Tulsa DA issues manslauter charges against officer Betty Shelby. I fail to see, how she was left with any other options after Crutcher continued to ignore the numerous directives to stop walking back to his car, and finally making a gesture towards the window of his car.

I've said this before, and like a broken record, I will say it again, I can't think of any cop going to work in the morning with the thought of killing themselves a black man during their shift?! Granted this was a terrible mistake on Shelby's behalf, but Crutcher must be held accountable for his DEFIANT actions, especially knowing that 1) he was a black man, 2) the cops had their guns drawn, 3) the story line of cops supposedly shooting black men in large numbers was well known, and 4) he was a black man, facing killer cops with guns, and he should have done EVERYTHING they asked, without question, including groveling if necessary, in order to keep himself from becoming a ststistic and the flash point of another protest against the cops.

Maybe someone on this board can explain to me why EVERY black man in America isn't willing to comply with the cops orders, irregardless of their innocence or guilt, because of the high probability of being shot for any wrong moves. I'm not black, but even I would not raise my hands, then walk away from cops with guns drawn, and then approach my car door and make any type of move towards that door, especially since the cops were already getting upset with my defiance, and not knowing what I did or did not have behind that window or door! It just makes no sense to me why Crutcher did what he did, knowing all this? So, if someone can explain to me why he did what he did, I'd appreciate it.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist