1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Poofy hair is a distraction?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by sag38, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the kid looks cute!

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

And natural. People who are "distracted" by her hair have worse problems than ... her hair.

I've seen Diana Ross with hair just as big and a salary to match! LOL

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Letting it "grow natural" and "wearing it natural" are too different things. If that same white girl with that long hair wore it unkempt with rats and greasy, then it'd be a problem. Now, this little girl wears her hair unkempt. It looks like they take care of it by brushing it to keep it untangled, and black people's hair doesn't get naturally greasy like a white person's. But it's still out of control.

I still say something should have been said. And I also still say that they took it way too far.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She should be put in the rear of the class(es) so that no one had to face that un-trimmed bush and get a crick in their neck having to 'pear around it.

Other than that ------!

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Unkept? It's combed, clean, and even has a flower.

I see plenty of students who wear their hair natural and students have no problem seeing around them.

I have a feeling the protesters here would change their minds real fast if THEIR bathroom was taken over for hours every morning and homes overcome by the smell of burning hair from hair straighteners, their fingers sore and stiff from twisting hair, and ears hurting from the piercing, unnaturally high pitched screams that happen when girls walk outside on humid days after all that work. :laugh:

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

Amen!! :thumbsup:

I think you're all trying to be "politically correct" to the extreme here. You're afraid of insulting the girl for letting it "grow natural." Well, folks, sorry, but you're all wrong. That mass of hair would be distracting in a classroom, particularly for anyone sitting behind her. And Gina ... I don't care how much money Diana Ross has, there were times her hair was distracting from her singing ability. All you could do was stare at the hair and wonder how she could keep her head balanced with all that flying around.

The school was right. I said yesterday "so what" but after looking at the video a couple more times, she needs to do something about it before she goes to class. Done here.

#26 thisnumbersdisconnected, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  7. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

8. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Leave the girl alone.

9. Sapper Woody

It's a big stack, paddywhack...

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sapper, for the texture of the girl's hair, it's not unkempt. Long yes, but I'll bet she and her mother comb it out regulary. I'll hazard she either has to wear it as pictured or she needs to get a crew cut. Because, if it's of any length it will have a fly away look.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

[,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

12. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Know what, the child is not yours, and it is really none of your business. As civilians, we are not all required to wear your one fits all embarrassing haircut.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it is the business of the school - and as a private institution - they may make rules that they deem fit for them selves.

No one is forcing that girl to attend that school.

14. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, letting the grass in your yard grow until it is 2 feet long is "natural". Even tree huggers mow their lawn.

Jeff Foxworthy- You might be a redneck if you mow your lawn and discover you have a swing set. :laugh:

I agree with you, I doubt the person who sits behind her can see the blackboard. They should put her in the back of the room for this reason alone, or off to the side. Boy, you would hear some trouble then!

The girl should put her hair in a pony-tail during classes, after class she can wear it any way she wants.

#34 Winman, Nov 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2013
  15. Sapper Woody

I don't know why you all of a sudden have a personal vendetta against me. Maybe not even me personally, but maybe the world? I noticed yesterday that you had 4-5 posts in various threads that were all venomous, and it's confirmed today. With both this post which doesn't add anything to the discussion, and your response to me in the thread about "narking". Whatever bee you have in your bonnet, your last few post paint you out to be either a troll, or a person so full of anger that they are incapable of proper discussion.

This child isn't the child of anyone on this board. And yet you single me out and tell me it's none of my business? Stating an opinion of a current possible racial situation isn't getting into someone else's business. It's discussing an issue and showing your point of view in order to make sure everyone sees all facets of the discussion, allowing them to form an educated opinion rather than a one-sided, biased opinion. If everyone discusses, instead of blindly attacking and forgetting to discuss, then everyone benefits.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Venomous is your opinion. I think a moderator said to leave the girl alone if you read the thread. No one cares what you think of someone else's hair style. For you to say this is a racial situation shows being out of touch.

17. Sapper Woody

Venomous, spiteful, full of hatred, take your pick. It's not opinion, it's an observation.

So a moderator said to leave the girl alone. So what? They are here to keep peace, not to dictate what we discuss.

And again you single me out. Of all the people talking about her hair, no one cares what I think? Evidently you do. You've made an issue of what I think and my opinion, so evidently you care what I think.

And I didn't say it was a racial situation. I said it was a possible racial situation. And I am not the first to infer this. But only I am out of touch? Amazing how you singled out my opinion even though it's shared by others.

And to say that no one cares what I think? Nice third grade tactics there. "No one likes you." Interesting debate abilities you have, demeaning someone instead if addressing their views.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

A few observations. You are in the military I assume. That means the ability to answer to those in authority. You are very flippant about the authority of a moderator, who is your authority on this board. Next, an observation by you does not translate into fact. Most of all, you are doing the side step on the racial situation remark. You are called on it, and now, it is not the choice of yes or no is it a racial situation, it is the degree of racial situation. Any lame brain could have read a short paragraph and known it was not a racial situation.

I also wanted to thank you for demeaning my education level with the third grade comment. One must wonder, if you are in the Army, did you fail and Navy and Air Force test? And were you forced there because you failed the college entrance exam and the McDonalds hiring process?

19. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

The moderator was not issuing a command. He was giving his opinión. "Leave the girl alone". It wasnt directed at anyone, therefore it was answering the OP.

You, satnep, are using a disgusting tactic, claiming that someone in the military ought to be obedient to authority. You do not understand the difference between person and position. The person who moderates is not 'your authority'. Their position, limited by definition, is a bishoprick, an area which they oversee. Their opinión, when offered, is equal to anyone else's, not superior because they hold a position,

20. thisnumbersdisconnected

This whole thread has gone seriously

[​IMG]

I think it's time to move on. Nothing more can be said anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.