1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pope endorses same-sex civil unions

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by rlvaughn, Oct 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derf B

Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad to hear you say that!

2. HatedByAll

HatedByAll Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, this subject is not simply theological. Early in my life I had strong same sex attractions and had no attractions, might even say a repulsion to the opposite sex. I was a teenager before the AIDS epidemic, but living in the rural south, homosexuality was not only frowned on but I must say gay people were hated by most. Because of that I stayed in the closet but did have one affair with another guy for about four or five years including about two years were the relationship was physical. Then years after the sexual activity of that relationship ended, I had an encounter with God. I realized that I needed to be right with God and gave my life completely to the Lord. When I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I knew enough that I had to give up my sins chief of which was worshiping men and being ready and willing to bow down and worship them.

Like the rich young ruler who was trusting in his riches to have a good life, I too was trusting in something other than Christ for fulfillment and happiness in my life. The rich young ruler was living a "Godly" life, keeping the Law and was even willing to accept Jesus as the one who had the key to his salvation. But, the rich young ruler was unable to trust Jesus Christ as Lord who would lead him to have the best life possible. I too trusted in something else, a man, or should I say I was trusting in a imaginary man that I dreamed up. I believed that another gay guy could fill my dreams. The truth is, if there was such a guy, he would have been as broken deep down emotionally as I was and would have needed that which I wanted from him just as much as I needed that something from him. Looking to find the best life for yourself from anything but through a new Life through the filling of the Holy Spirit after being reborn by the Grace of God and through Faith in Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord is foolishness.

But one cold night just over thirty years ago, I chose to truly trust Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord. I rejected the belief that happiness could be found though a "gay lifestyle." Or for that matter, living as a gay "christian." And even though I have had my struggles, I must say my life has been great and there is no way I would want to return to my previous life.

I say all that to say, the Pope should love us people who have ever been same sex attracted. The best way to Love us is to make sure we do not GO TO HELL! Let it be known, that is what the Pope is doing. He may not even realize it, but by trying to be Woke, or whatever he is trying to do, his actions of not preaching what the Bible says on this subject matter, that is exactly what he is doing. He is spreading the message that it does not matter if you trust in homosexuality of happiness in your life or not.

This preacher is struggling to find the right way to minister to those of us with same sexual attractions, but his Church is doing a much better job that most other Churches I know of. Check out some of the videos on their website including the one they posted early today. https://www.facebook.com/178745482833625/videos/428026581513157/

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In this passage Paul is making a distinction between the redeemed person and the unredeemed person. When the redeemed person walks in unrepentant sin, the body of Christ is to have nothing to do with that person until they repent. In 2 Corinthians we see this man has repented and Paul tells the body of Christ to receive that man back into fellowship. This is a biblical, family response when a family member brings shame to the family name as a child of God.
    We do not respond in that fashion to the unredeemed as they are not children of God. They are in rebellion against our Father and slaves to sin. It is their nature to live in such sin, without repentance.
    The shame of the pope's message is that he makes no distinction between the redeemed and the unredeemed. Thus the pope functions like the priests of Jeremiah's day who worshipped other gods while in the temple of the Most High God. May God bring His quick judgment upon this pope.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.