Pope Francis gives church hundreds of new saints...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by WestminsterMan, May 12, 2013.

1. Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not all Catholics even nuns and priest are properly Catachized. Seems strange to say that. But clearly there is clear church teaching on certain subjects like abortion and gay marriage and there are clergy and nuns who oppose Catholic Teaching thinking all the while they are consistent with the Church. There are bishops in this catagory as well. When in fact they are discenters from the faith. Albeit unknownst to them. If they fail at very obvious things like abortion and gay marriage then doesn't it stand to reason they are wrong about the issues like salvation?

However, now we are discussing salvation and Catholics according to most evangelicals if I were to ask "what must I do to be saved." the invariable scriptural answer they will give is
    Well, don't Catholics meet that passage from Romans? I mean I confess that Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that God raised him from the dead therefore meeting these two requirements am I also not saved? The fact is this proclamation in Jesus as Lord and that he rose from the Dead is made at every Mass as Catholics say "I believe in one God,
    the Father, the Almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all that is, seen and unseen.
    I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
    the only Son of God,
    eternally begotten of the Father,
    God from God, Light from Light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made,
    one in Being with the Father.
    Through him all things were made.
    For us men and for our salvation
    he came down from heaven:For our sake he was crucified
    under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered, died, and was buried.
    On the third day he rose again
    in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
    he ascended into heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory
    to judge the living and the dead,
    and his kingdom will have no end."

Clearly, Catholics believe these things so how can we not match the evangelical litmus test for salvation?

2. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WM,

i am thankful that early on God preserved his truth and for a time used the early church to preserve His word and fight against heretics. heretices have existed from the Apostolic time.

the church however was long ago corrupted......God only knows when and how...

3. WestminsterMan New Member

It made you want to puke did it? Then why in the heck did you go and expose yourself to such devilish activities? If the RCC is everything you and others here depict it to be, then associating with it is no different than going to a satanic mass - if you really think the RCC is so blasted evil, then you should'nt - if you're such a big christian that is.

Look - you're hypocracy is what is nausiating. You, like many here, are just looking for any platform from which to launch hateful and biased attacks on the RCC! That's not very Christ-like is it.

Lack of love? What is truely telling is the lack of love that is depicted here with perfect regularity.

Don't feel bad for me brother as I left a cold and dead Baptist church for an on fire gospel filled Catholic Church. You do understand that there are cold and dead churches all over the world don't you - even Baptist churches? Apparently not! :eek:

Oh the arrogance!

WM

4. WestminsterMan New Member

So you say - but where's your proof? All I see is empty rhetoric that you probably got as talking points from someone who was just parroting that anti-Catholic line that they themselves accepted as fact from someone else. God gave us minds to think with - might I recommend that you use yours.

WM

5. WestminsterMan New Member

Hang on a minute... you are contradicting yourself. Which is it - a repeated sacrifice or an unbloody re-offering? Be precise.

That's because you didn't ask me - you asked Walter. :thumbs:

WM

6. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    NO, MY FRIEND. THE REASON 'MANY MORE ARE NOT HERE' IS BECAUSE THIS BOARD DOES NOT ALLOW CATHOLICS TO JOIN! Not because 'they have no interest in the truth of God' as you claim.

The BB allowed Catholics to join years back and there were many, many Catholics posting. I followed the board as a non-member back then and that is when I began my study.

The reason their are a total of four of us here is that we sincerely studied the Catholic faith as Baptists and converted to the Catholic faith while members of this board. We have been allowed to remain here and post.

To answer your question as to 'was I saved in the Baptist church?' Absolutely! And, I will always be grateful for that.

7. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thinkingstuff

Hello TS,

Well okay...glad to see you are objective on this. Listen ....in every church sadly there are many who do not study out Divine truth as they should.

When I say I am against the church, but not anti-catholic- that is what i am talking about. Most times I have spoken with family members and other catholics....I have to explain to them what catholics are supposed to believe, before we can even discuss why i no longer worship there.:thumbs:

I can agree with you on this!

Exactly.....For example...you know there is a list of "popes" who fathered illegitimate children and such....pedophiles etc.....there is no defence for this, so I do not expect you guys to answer for them, as i would not answer for a baptist or protestant who also commits such vile sins.

TS......I am glad you confess Jesus as Lord. If it is he alone who you trust by God given faith....you are saved....

If you add other things into it....works,indulgences, mary as co-mediatrix, and other such contra scriptural teaching....this would nullify what you profess with your lips.....

The illustration being... a gallon of good milk with a spoon full of poison, becomes a gallon of poison. The principle would be found in Acts 15....some wanted to add circumcision to grace and faith.....
    anything we add destroys it.

let's be honest...it is a vain repetition for most....do not deny this...

the Father, the Almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all that is, seen and unseen.
    I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
    the only Son of God,
    eternally begotten of the Father,
    God from God, Light from Light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made,
    one in Being with the Father.
    Through him all things were made.
    For us men and for our salvation
    he came down from heaven:For our sake he was crucified
    under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered, died, and was buried.
    On the third day he rose again
    in fulfillment of the Scriptures;
    he ascended into heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory
    to judge the living and the dead,
    and his kingdom will have no end."

True catholics believe many correct facts...it is the unbiblical additions which make it come into question.....

TS.....I really desire to see no one perish....I believe that would be your desire also. Just be honest when you attend and see the tragic condition of the church...i mean those who come and have no idea what is in the bible...

8. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you mean catholics are not allowed to post in the other denominations forum???

9. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh:eek:pps...my bad...okay...i will ask you also:thumbs:

10. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wm,

No talking points....just thinking out loud. i see no where in scripture where we are to look outside of scripture and depending on which history book we read...somehow then arrive at truth.
    the word of God written is the sole authority for all faith and pracyice since tha Apostles completed the canon of scripture.

You cannot claim the church has been on track all along....well you can claim anything you want but you would not be accurate.

Wrong.....in fact ....i was trying to fight against scripture and God when he saved me....

You post that some post harsh things and that might be true to some extent, however many have not been exposed to the Rc teaching and rituals, candles, stations of the cross, the false little replica of the Ot tabernacle which was done away in Christ, at the cross.....

When they speak of that inner feeling of sickness and disgust, it is the Spirit being grieved over the false dead rituals...like Paul when he was at mars hill;

16 Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.

I have looked at Rc teaching, occasionally listen to catholic family radio, or catholic answers etc....I find if frustrating and sad.

11. WestminsterMan New Member

Let me say it the bible way. I am saved... I am being saved... and I shall be saved.

WM

12. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :applause::applause:

13. WestminsterMan New Member

No I do not claim that; humans sin - even Popes. However, if you think that Jesus created the Church then you must believe Him when He said that the gates of Hell would not prevail against it - and it hasn't. He has preserved His church through all of this in the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. Notice the singular use of the word Church in scripture - not the plural use as in "churches".

I refernce history because it CLEARLY shows that there is an unbroken line of successors who handed on scripture and Traditions to God's people. One either believes that, or one must believe that God allowed christians throughout the first 1,500 years to be taught lies, and thus He sent them to hell because of it. I don't see it that way and there's just no historical evidence to show any Portestant existence before Luther.

Again, that's your opinion and you are entittled to it.

I'll bet you do, and so did I until I let the Holy Spirit point me where it would.

WM

14. Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is right. The exception is for Catholics who were not Catholics when they joined the board. In the case of the four of us that are here, we were all Baptists when we joined.

So, if you pose a question to Catholics and wonder why Catholics aren't quick to answer, that is why. It is not because there are no good Catholic answers or that Catholics 'have no interest in the things of God.'

I believe you are sincere in your desire to see Catholics come to saving faith in Jesus. As far as the 'cultural Catholics' out there. Go get 'em! I would much rather see them come to know Christ as Savior and Lord in a Protestant church than no church. Hopefully they will wake up from their sleep and find Christ in His Holy Catholic Church. For those of us who sincerely follow the teachings of our Church. 'We are saved, we are being saved, we will be saved.'

15. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

16. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well we can agree here also....
    I have found the most to be cultural catholics as you say....i travel in 48 states so i have a good sample to go by.

17. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not know this..thanks for telling me.

18. WestminsterMan New Member

Perhaps you missed what Jesus said (and that was the context of my statement) "Upon the rock I will build my CHURCH..." If you had read what I said - really understood what I wrote - then you could have saved yourself a lot copy work. But thanks for posting none-the-less. AND, those were all part of the Catholic Church. Unlike the situation today where everytime someone gets irked at the pastor, they just move down the road and open up another.

Hmmm...

WM

19. Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    WM

i understood what you said exactly, but it was mistaken....

the one true church has never assembled yet.....it will assemble on the last day.

here is what you said;

The one assembly..assembles on the last day....until that time there are plural churches as shown....built upon ;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

20. Thomas Helwys New Member

Because of the length of your erroneous blather, I have given my first answers in blue within your quoted blather.

Before you try to lecture me on church history from your biased Romanist perspective, go out and get a doctorate in church history and theology as I have.

And thanks for proving that you have no case by quoting fathers from the late second century and later. I know that you can't base your views on scripture, so you have to use secondary, uninspired men.

Scripture blows the "Catholic" view of apostolic succession out of the water because there were no monarchial bishops as a third order of ministry in scripture. I have proven that many times. Romanist error cannot be proven by scripture. In fact, scripture refutes it, so people such as you have to resort to quotes 200 years and more removed from the time of the apostles to try and prove your vain traditions of men.

The truth is that the monarchial episcopate was a historical development which was not the general rule everywhere until the late second century. Anglicans, who hold to apostolic succession, admit as much. So, the line of such bishops can only be traced back to that time. And every such line is corrupt anyway, since it contains corrupt and ungodly bishops who were not even Christians.

The only way the RCC can maintain its traditions is to place them above scripture. In scripture, bishop/presbyter/elder/pastor/overseer were synonyms for one and the same office. So, the teaching of a line of monarchial bishops back to the apostles is patently false and nothing more than a fable.

Only a fool trusts in fables.