1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Pope Sanctions Gay Clergy!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by DHK, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a drunk for years. In fact i led me to be homeless 4 times. I am no longer an alcoholic. This pathetic idea that alcoholism is a disease is based on the fact that alcohol recovery is a 4 billion dollar a year industry. Keep them an alcoholic and you have a customer for life.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See if you can find the origional movie..... The Producers

The one with Wilder & Mostel....Mel Brooks wrote & Produced it. Think 1968. There are many iterations but that one is the funniest. Mostel is a scream.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Same reason the democrats want to keep the poor in poverty reaching for handouts. Do away with poverty and the dems lose their main voting block.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Overcoming the addiction is a daily struggle for some. It's an ongoing work in progress. Sometimes God works a miracle and the person is completely healed, other times He doesn't.

It does indeed seem to be a matter of semantics: the category of persons to whom the Pope was referring is those who are tempted in the same-sex area but who through repentance and faith are overcoming that temptation. He was definitely not referring to those who are active, practising homosexuals.

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea but if you take a drink...what happens?

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You forgot Union's

7. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The disease is SIN. The whole of human kind is infected including popes, potentates, and peons. "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God." "There are none righteous, not one."

Sin has many symptoms, including sexual immorality and drunkeness.

"Whatsoever is not of faith is sin."

It is also sin to add or take away from the Holy Writ. Most organized religion is guilty--individuals, corporations, and sovereign states including the Vatican and her daughters.

Jesus paid it all. Salvation is of the Lord.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

8. Matt Black

Site Supporter

And we as individuals are all guilty as well. Thanks be to Jesus Christ then!

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is not in the same category as a "recovering alcoholic."
    Rather it is in the same category as a murderer and so many other sins.
    One is a murderer or he is not. He repents and stops. He no longer is tempted to murder again and again and again. He just stops.

The same is true with homosexuality. It is done purposefully. Put an end to it. Stop it. Cease. Repent and don't do it again. You are either practicing this lifestyle purposefully or not. There is no such thing as a "recovering homosexual." He either is one or he isn't one. He can simply repent of the sin and stop the lifestyle.

If you are married and you start having an affair with another woman, what do you do if you want to save the marriage. You stop the affair. You never see the woman again. It is not an addiction. You are in sin; you must repent of it. You must cease. You must be faithful to your wife.
    There is no addiction here. Neither is there in homosexuality.
    Both are the same--they are sexual sins that simply need to be repented of.

10. Matt Black

Site Supporter

We'll have to agree to differ once again then.

11. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So, my next door neighbor who is only attracted to other men, even though he has never had sex with a man, is not a homosexual? He tells me he has never been attracted to women and has a strong attraction to men. I commend him for choosing not to enter into sin by remaining celibate but he tells me he is absolutely a homosexual. But according to you he is not. Right?

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Every man is tempted with all kinds of temptations. Giving into the temptations is wrong. How many other men are tempted in their mind with lustful thoughts when looking at a beautiful and attractive woman?
    There are many. But is that man labeled automatically an "adulterer" just because he has those tendencies? It is the act of adultery that makes him an adultery.

Was Moses a murderer? I suppose he was at one time. But he was forgiven and went on with his life. It seems apparent that he had a problem with his temper throughout a good part of his life. Yet he was not known for his angry temperament. He was known as "the meekest man on the earth." He was able to keep the anger under control. "Strength under control" is a definition of meekness.

It is the act by which one is labeled. It is the act by which one is labeled a sinner (specifically). A man in our city committed three murders. He is being sentenced today for two consecutive life sentences with no eligibility for parole for forty years. (It would have been a stiffer penalty in the U.S.). His habitual killing made him what he is--a killer; a murderer.

It is the action one commits that makes a person what he is, not the temptation.

2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

13. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Last time I checked, we were human beings not human 'doings'...

14. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

May I point out that Christ was celibate, we could apply some of the arguments mentioned all ready to His chosen state, if anyone dared of course.

15. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The most recent twin study confirms that genetics is not the source of homosexuality - but we all know that all mankind is "born with" a sinful nature.

So far that is the only thing that explains it.

in Christ,

Bob

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Christ also came as a man, as Melanie pointed out.
    He was not known for his sin, as Hitler was, but for His sinlessness.
    However, people like Elton John, Rosie O'Donnell, Ellen DeGeneres, Katie Lang, as a group, you think of people that are "gay." That is what they all have in common. They are known for their sin, that which they do. That which they do makes them who they are, just as that which they do in performing publicly makes them who they are.

Perhaps a better example is the former NYC mayor, Anthony Weiner. What comes to your mind?
    What comes to your mind when you hear "Monica Lewinsky"?

17. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Your categorisation seems to be based on how others see us, though; I'm not sure that's a sound basis at all.

18. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Weiner was never the NYC mayor...not even in his perverted dreams.