1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Praise God for G.W.Bush!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Well I find it amazing that it is not prohibited. But I did discover that all the defense of homosexuality that we so on this board so much is prohibited.

#41 2 Timothy2:1-4, Apr 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2007
  2. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Thank you, Pastor Larry. While I have some hesitancy about including the Jews, that cuts to the quick, as we sometimes say.

It is an abomination in Islam to say that God has a Son, while it is the hope, the joy, the song of Christianity. If the Bible is infallible, then it violates scripture to say that Ishmael was the one Abraham took up to offer as a sacrifice, to have his hand stayed by God. Yes, they will argue that the Bible is corrupt. Anyone can argue that.

God, Elohim, is God in Three Persons, Blessed Trinity, yet he is monotheistic. Awesome! Impossible for Islam to comprehend (see 1 Corinthians 2:1-16). Yes, Islam recognizes Jesus as a Prophet, the son of a Virgin, but they deny that He is God's Son. Even if one declares that it simply means that God manifested Himself in the flesh, in the Person of Jesus Christ, they still don't get it. For the Christian, John 14:6 says it all.
    :jesus:

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Wow! I said a lot of words that I never knew I said!

Either that, or someone is putting words into my mouth.

All I said was it's the God of Abraham.

Nowhere did I defend Islam any more than pointing out that Catholics have it right about abortion is defending Catholocism.

If you talk to a Messianic Muslim, you will find that many of them were not shown the truth by someone else, but by reading about Jesus in the Koran. They want to know more, so they get ahold of a Bible. Then later, they realize that although they were worshipping Jehovah (God the Father) all along, they were deceived about other things by those who didn't like the outcome between the Isaac/Ishmael thing.

I stand by my statement that they worship the God of Abraham (God the Father).

I in no way defend Islam.

To say I do is appalling, and it seems that only one in this thread who disagrees with me is honest enough to accept that, without adding his own distortions, innuendo, and lies. (Thank you, Bro. Curtis, BTW.)

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I certainly don't hope that!

Through faith, I know that!

It's a certainty.

5. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

I'm glad that partial birth abortions have been made illegal. I'd be a little bit happier if this ruling, and the law it upheld, was actually enforceable, and if it covered all abortions instead of the very few partial birth ones that are performed. This is just another token appeasement. If Bush really were a pro-life advocate, he'd have appointed two justices who were committed to overturning Roe.

And before we get too excited thanking God for G.W.B., keep in mind, his preferred second appointment was Harriet Miers. If it weren't for the pressure that Christians in his party brought to the table when she was nominated, we wouldn't have had this ruling.

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

And the point is that it is not the God of Abraham since they reject Jesus as God, the Messiah, the only way to heaven. One does not recognize the God of Abraham unless he recognizes that Jesus is God and that he is the only way to heaven.

If they learned of Jesus in the Koran, then they did not learn of Jesus in the Bible, since the Jesus of the Koran did not die for sin. That they later came to Christ through Scripture means that they were not worshipping the God of Abraham. As you point out, they were confused and mislead by the Isaac/Ishmael thing.

7. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

So, by that reasoning, when a Jew who rejects Jesus as the Messiah worships Jehovah, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who are they worshipping?

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How many lost souls have you led to Christ, by which their souls were saved?

How many lives has your personal finger print on, lives you have spared physically or spiritually?

If your answer is even just one I will praise God for you! :godisgood:

I will not murmer about your good deeds and declare that you have not done enough so even the good you do is not worthy of thanking God for you.

Praise where praise is due and rebuke where rebuke is due. But please try to not do them both in the same breath.

Do not the angels rejoice over the salvation of even one sinner? I rejoice over even the salvation of one baby that would have been appointed to death prior to this law.

Your heart is bitter towards a brother in Christ. Is not your sin against him as equal as any sins "you" believe he is committing?

God has raised Bush up for His purposes and you ignore those good purposes and rail against him. Are you not then railing against God? God wanted Sadam removed and God wanted Bush to remove Sadam. So why do you go on and on declaring Sadam's removal "unjust"? Is God unjust?

God Bless!

9. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

A god of their own making. Again, remember what Jesus made plain in John 8.

John 8:42 If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me.

If you don't worship Jesus, then you are not worshipping God.

10. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

11. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

And don't forge the massive inflation. Inflation is a tax as well.
    It is the method many recent republicans have used to raise taxes without appearing to do so.

in response to the opening post:

I praise God that He is still God and that GWB can't do a think more than what God has limited him in doing.

I also praise God for the many who are waking up to the realization that GWB is a murderer and worthy of not only impeachment [snipped]

His unGodly war in Iraq has caused the senseless killing of numerous people, both Americans AND others.

#51 Dale-c, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2007
  12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

No kidding!
    One thing I get tired of is people called GWB the "president of the free world"
    Earth to the US: He is only the president of the US of A!
    Since the USA is NOT free, then he is not the resident of ANY free people.
    And why don't we stop our own invasion, on our own borders rather that worrying about Iraq??

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

Post snipped. Mod took care of my concern above.

Be careful, gang, about getting so mad you make harsh statements against a president.

If your statement is construed as a threat, you will be in serious, serious trouble with folks that don't play around at all.

Thanks.

#53 rbell, Apr 20, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  14. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Massive inflation?!?!

Economically, we are at zero inflation!

What planet are you on?

I do fear that this new minimum wage increase will create an inflationary problem, but that's another issue.

15. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

So, the God that led them through the wilderness, gave them the land from the Nile to Euphrates, that did all this stuff...

They just made him up?

How about all those OT people who worshipped God without worshipping Jesus, who were they worshipping?

16. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

No, that is the God who is Jesus

They didn't worship God without worshipping Jesus. The angel of the Lord, who appeared many times, was Jesus and was worshipped. Furthermore, Jesus had not yet come in the flesh, and so your question is irrelevant.

Are you familiar with John 8? Jesus addresses this specific point clearly. It is hard to miss, it seems to me.

17. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

In the NT and in the context, above, "hope" is calm, confident assurance.

:saint:

18. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Ummm... I have heard this before, but it does not hold up under scrutiny of the Greek, nor of the English language, until fairly recently in our history.

There is no assurance in a hope. But, we do have assurance that we are in the family.

I cetainly don't hope that Jehovah has a son. I am assured of that.

Vol. 4: Analytical lexicon of the Greek New Testament, from Baker's Greek New Testament library, by Friberg, Friberg, and Miller, Louw and Nida’s Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament : Based on semantic domains (Vol. 1, Page 295), from the United Bible societies, Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon, Moulton’s Analytical Greek Lexicon, The Greek and English Lexicon to the New Testament by Greene, and the Bauer, Danker, Arndt, and Gingrich’s A Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature (also known as the BDAG for short), all of which are considered standards in the field of Greek Lexicons, define the verb form as “to look forward to something, with implication of confidence about something coming to pass, to hope, or to hope for; to look forward to something in view of the measures one takes to ensure fulfillment; expect”. The noun form is defined as, “the looking forward to something with some reason for confidence respecting fulfillment, hope, expectation, that which is the basis for hoping, foundation of hope, that for which one hopes, something hoped for”. (These definitions are actually from the BDAG, but all the definitions are along these lines; I have the full list quoted above, if you want them later.)

Hope means to look forward with confidence to that which is good and beneficial; to hope, to hope for, hope. Some examples can be found in Luke 24:21, which says, “and we had hoped that he would be the one who was going to redeem Israel”; 1 Timothy 4:10, which says, “because we have placed our hope in the living God”; Acts 23:6 in which Paul says, “I am on trial (here) because I hope that the dead will rise to life”; Romans 15:4: “in order that through patience and encouragement given by the Scriptures we might have hope.”

Hope means to expect, with the implication of some benefit; to expect, to hope. In Luke 6:34, we find [Luke 6:34-35]. An example using “that which is hoped for” can be found in Romans 8:24, which says, “when what is hoped for is seen, there is no longer any need to hope”. The word can be used to reference that which constitutes the cause or reason for hoping; the basis for hope, the reason for hope. 1 Thessalonians 2:19 says, “for who is the basis for our hope or joy?” This expression in 1 Thessalonians 2.19 may be rendered as, “for who is the one who causes us to hope and to have joy [to be happy]?”

19. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Pastor Larry, are you trying to say that Jesus is God the Father?

20. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

:laugh: :laugh: All the nut's that don't like our wonderful president are all writing under the heading...Praise God for G.W.Bush.:laugh: :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.